STA Got Lucky, Bergen Catholic Game has Been Cancelled

imaGoodBoyNow

49 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

It’s not touching Florida till Sunday.  They could have played the game Friday. No excuses! 

STA at 8 games this year! 

42 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Fly in Friday morning, play the game Friday night, out Saturday morning 

bada bing!!!!!

45 minutes ago, 181pl said:

They have airplanes. Bergen could have got home fine on Saturday

I take it you guys aren’t million mile flyers with any of the oligopial airline companies? You think it’s easy to move hundreds of passengers a day earlier on flights? Get refunds for hotel rooms for 100 plus rooms including family members? You think you have any leverage 48 hours out for either ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kingwill said:

Unfortunately, it might be a cat 5 hurricane by landfall according to latest guidance.

Although we live in the D. C. suburbs I have two brothers in Florida-one in Daytona and the other in Pensacola.  I have a close 50+ year friend (I am old) who lives in Boynton Beach and one of my best friends here has a second home in Sarasota. I say all this because this storm is absolutely terrifying to all of them.  I truly care what happens.

My friend in Boynton Beach (South Florida, Atlantic Coast) told me it is useless to try to evacuate.  Traffic gridlocks for 400+ miles north and the fear is being caught in the hurricane while still in your car.  So he and his wife stay home.

Somehow a high school football game seems meaningless in the face of a major hurricane.  And, a category five?

Please, anyone reading this in the southeastern United States:  protect yourself and your loved ones as best you can.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

I take it you guys aren’t million mile flyers with any of the oligopial airline companies? You think it’s easy to move hundreds of passengers a day earlier on flights? Get refunds for hotel rooms for 100 plus rooms including family members? You think you have any leverage 48 hours out for either ?

Take it to the Excuse Thread