Katy vs Katy Tompkins

Texasfrog

12 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I’m confused 🤷🏿‍♀️ why did you just post a highlight from 12 years ago???

When teams do decide to go after Katy, bad things happen to them.  Katy is not afraid to play anyone. Joseph just doesn't care about anything other than getting his team prepared for Texas playoff runs.  If someone wants to travel to Texas and take them on, he will oblige.  The other big thing is that it puts a burden on getting games for the sub-varsity teams when they play someone out of state.  Getting those kids reps is very important to Joseph.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canyon Mike said:

Correct but the 2008 state championship came at the D2 level against what I consider a down year for that classification in Texas.  That team didn't even score a TD until I believe the 3rd or 4th game and were smoked in the second game something like 36-0 by the Woodlands.  It was a real credit to the program (kids, coaches and community) that they sucked it up and turned what could have been a horrible year into a state championship.  The runner up team in 2009 was slightly better but had tons of injuries on the OL and won with an unproven soph QB who really wasn't ready.  Both teams were far from vintage teams.  The 2013 and 2014 teams were far and away better than either of the 2008 or 2009 teams and neither won a SC.

The 2008 team put in a ton of guys(I believe 7 guys) that didn't play against The Woodlands. That's the turn around you speak of. 

Katy has won all of their championships at the division 2 level

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

Katy has won all of their championships at the division 2 level

TexasClowns: Katy is a powerhouse! They can play with anybody in the country! See, they crushed Cypress Bay and Bellevue!

Us: Those were state champion and state finalist Katy teams.

TexasClowns: Whoa, whoa! Katy was in D2 those years! We're not sure that they were actually any good then!

Us: Katy has won all of their championships in D2.

TexasClowns: Oh yeah!? Have you seen Vista Murrieta!? They suck!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 hours ago, Texasball said:

Fuck some of you people.  You just talk shit and troll everything.

nobody is saying Tompkins is the 2nd coming.

However, they have solid team and the do have some talent - I believe they proved it tonight.

flip on that Vista Murrietta game - they are ranked 50 in California- they would be 100% over matched by Tompkins who the same exact site max preps has ranked 54 in Texas.  

I get that the 50th rank team sucks in all the other states - see vista murrieta live right now streaming live 50th ranked team in Cali.  Just more proof of the quality depth in the great state of Texas

maxpreps currently has

vista murrieta ca ranked 50th in California 

Tompkins ranked 54th in Texas

dudes it would not be close - please go watch the game - it looks like they would struggle vs some 3A schools here.  I am being 100% serious

Tomkins would be top 10 in Cali —-100% believe this!

Are you really trying to convince people this game show how deep Texas is and not the fact Katy might be slightly overrated?

For Texas sake, you better hope DV don't win the 6A state title this year. BTW I've always said TX and FL were deeper in terms of schools but don't exaggerate Texas 50 ranked team would be top 10 in Cali.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kalven said:

Are you really trying to convince people this game show how deep Texas is and not the fact Katy might be slightly overrated?

For Texas sake, you better hope DV don't win the 6A state title this year. BTW I've always said TX and FL were deeper in terms of schools but don't exaggerate Texas 50 ranked team would be top 10 in Cali.

Why is it in TX best interest that DV not win? 

13 minutes ago, Kalven said:

So the continuity of the states depth be celebrated. Katy Allen NS resume holds no weight on a national scale and a DV state title will only solidify that.  

I don’t sweat  too much what out of staters think holds the continuity of depth within the state.  Most of you don’t watch enough TX teams play to warrant much consideration.  

If you want to know the depth here then have the jserras, Folsom’s and cathedral Catholics schedule the likes of SLC, Longview, guyers, etc and see how well they stack up. 

16 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I don’t sweat  too much what out of staters think holds the continuity of depth within the state.  Most of you don’t watch enough TX teams play to warrant much consideration.  

If you want to know the depth here then have the jserras, Folsom’s and cathedral Catholics schedule the likes of SLC, Longview, guyers, etc and see how well they stack up. 

That's beside the point. Cali schools has and will continue to schedule OOS games which justify national recognition. NO ONE IS SAYING TEXAS SUCKS but its hard to judge and compare them on a national scale. Winning on the road is twice the accomplishment than a home field victory.   

1 hour ago, Kalven said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinions...I would like to have decent conversations about it.  It's just not possible when you have people like @The Guru and @imaGoodBoyNow trolling every thread.

First I do not believe in bogus rankings.  Only people with agenda and trying to create false narrative would see this Tompkins team as Trash or some bad football team.  They had the two highest rated players in the game.  With QB and DE both Jr's  and considered 5 and 4 star recruits. They had very talented RB who is the reigning district player of the year.  They had other good players around them.  So truthfully speaking I am not sure where Tompkins should be ranked in Texas.  It's really hard to rank the state of Texas.

I will just say if I was to believe Maxpreps that they are only 54th ranked team in Texas that would be impressive to anyone who would tell the truth as compared to any state.  I look at that ranking then see Vista Murrieta at 50 in California playing last night and I am giving my honest unbiased opinion the difference was night and day.

Texas indeed has incredible depth --- I am sorry that people outside of Texas is not willing to man up and admit it.

I don't run around and say the #1 team in the country is always from Texas.  I will say the line to the top will not be very long for the top Texas team every year.  

I believe DV who I have seen with my eyes vs common opponent with IMG and MD would compete well with those teams.

I believe DV has legit chance to win our state title - I also know they will at the very least be tested in two games if not 3 or 4 playoff games.  Time will tell

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Kalven said:

So the continuity of the states depth be celebrated. Katy Allen NS resume holds no weight on a national scale and a DV state title will only solidify that.  

We don't look at that way.  DV might truly be the best team in the state and so they beat everyone else.  Doesn't change the depth factor.

right now I see DV as one of the very best teams in the country much less just Texas- So if that is really true they may end up our state champion.

9 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinions...I would like to have decent conversations about it.  It's just not possible when you have people like @The Guru and @imaGoodBoyNow trolling every thread.

First I do not believe in bogus rankings.  Only people with agenda and trying to create false narrative would see this Tompkins team as Trash or some bad football team.  They had the two highest rated players in the game.  With QB and DE both Jr's  and considered 5 and 4 star recruits. They had very talented RB who is the reigning district player of the year.  They had other good players around them.  So truthfully speaking I am not sure where Tompkins should be ranked in Texas.  It's really hard to rank the state of Texas.

I will just say if I was to believe Maxpreps that they are only 54th ranked team in Texas that would be impressive to anyone who would tell the truth as compared to any state.  I look at that ranking then see Vista Murrieta at 50 in California playing last night and I am giving my honest unbiased opinion the difference was night and day.

Texas indeed has incredible depth --- I am sorry that people outside of Texas is not willing to man up and admit it.

I don't run around and say the #1 team in the country is always from Texas.  I will say the line to the top will not be very long for the top Texas team every year.  

I believe DV who I have seen with my eyes vs common opponent with IMG and MD would compete well with those teams.

I believe DV has legit chance to win our state title - I also know they will at the very least be tested in two games if not 3 or 4 playoff games.  Time will tell

Stop being a fucking pussy, no one said shit but congratulations to you scumbags until you started all this with your POS post on the Duncanville game, seriously you and Texas frog are so fucked up in the head it amazes me you lasted this long in Life

4D0F1C71-CC20-4EF6-B525-BD0E8761A741.jpeg