Katy vs Katy Tompkins

Texasfrog

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

I will assure you that I am not TexasFrog -  He and I talk often on the phone and have seen several games together over the years.  

I don't know anyone who watches more football than this dude.  His collection of  HS games that he has burned on CD from around the country is very impressive.

His career is very impressive and he is considered expert in what he does.  I will add what he does is very important to this country!

Now I know you're him.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Champa said:

They were accused of dodging Trinity years ago. I personally think that's bs and nothing but talk from a few noisy fans.

I gotta say I think a healthy North Shore will take out Katy if they don't fix their passing defense. When you make Gabe Akin look like Jerry Rice, you have a problem.

Katy was the class of Texas in 2015. They struggled with The Woodlands early on, but once they got hot, nobody could touch them. It didn't matter if they were D2 or not. They had an all time great defense by the end of the year.

Matter of fact, Lake Travis was probably the second best team in Texas that year. Both D2 teams were better than Westlake and North Shore, who played for the D1 title that year.

totally agree with everything

2 hours ago, Champa said:

They were accused of dodging Trinity years ago. I personally think that's bs and nothing but talk from a few noisy fans

It came from knowledgeableTexas fans....so there's that.

BUT, this is the internet and you are free to believe what you like and choose.

There are many top Texas teams Katy has never faced in their history and there is a reason for that.

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Well stop looking to us the fans for remedy.  It’s idiotic.  

Like I said, the Cali schools are free to call up these Texas schools and schedule away.  

No one is seeking remedy, things are going to be said and if you decide to put your input in it you'll most likely get a respond that will eventually lead up to the conversation to why Texas does not travel. That is what it is!

4 minutes ago, Kalven said:

No one is seeking remedy, things are going to be said and if you decide to put your input in it you'll most likely get a respond that will eventually lead up to the conversation to why Texas does not travel. That is what it is!

😂.  Texans have stated a thousands times why they don’t travel, good god man this is not new.  You guys just like to troll the subject 

11 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

😂.  Texans have stated a thousands times why they don’t travel, good god man this is not new.  You guys just like to troll the subject 

Horsefly...  I'll ask the Cali loons (Private School blowhards) again.   The #1 Public School in California over the past 15 years is Centennial.

Someone please tell me when was the first time they traveled outside of California?   Just one time?

24 minutes ago, RedZone said:

It came from knowledgeableTexas fans....so there's that.

BUT, this is the internet and you are free to believe what you like and choose.

There are many top Texas teams Katy has never faced in their history and there is a reason for that.

Nobody gets dodged in TX when the playoffs start. They have never played some of the powerhouses, true, but only because Katy or the other teams didn't make it that far that particular year. But at the end of the day when the finals come, you have the best teams in TX competing, whether Katy is there or not. I think you are talking about a home and away with maybe a DFW team, not sure. But that is up to the teams in their pre-district scheduling. I think Katy tries to schedule well before district starts. They lost to WL at WL a few years ago then Harvey showed up before the game at Katy. They have had NS on their schedule the last 2 yrs and in yrs past. Also when when the Woodlands was playing better they were on the schedule. Katy will take a hit in the national rankings after last night because Tompkins is a relatively new school without much of a football tradition, but man they are fun to watch. 

As far as OOS, Katy is not a pvt school, this has been talked about over and over. And they are in a district with multiple teams which makes it difficult at best. If people want to see OOS games with CA or FL powers, Then one of the pvt schools in Tx will have to up their game. Then maybe the pvts in TX could play some of the public powers. That's the only way you would get a good measure of how they stack up. I don't think that will happen but I would be all for it.

2 minutes ago, GlenC7 said:

Nobody gets dodged in TX when the playoffs start. They have never played some of the powerhouses, true, but only because Katy or the other teams didn't make it that far that particular year. But at the end of the day when the finals come, you have the best teams in TX competing, whether Katy is there or not. I think you are talking about a home and away with maybe a DFW team, not sure. But that is up to the teams in their pre-district scheduling. I think Katy tries to schedule well before district starts. They lost to WL at WL a few years ago then Harvey showed up before the game at Katy. They have had NS on their schedule the last 2 yrs and in yrs past. Also when when the Woodlands was playing better they were on the schedule. Katy will take a hit in the national rankings after last night because Tompkins is a relatively new school without much of a football tradition, but man they are fun to watch. 

As far as OOS, Katy is not a pvt school, this has been talked about over and over. And they are in a district with multiple teams which makes it difficult at best. If people want to see OOS games with CA or FL powers, Then one of the pvt schools in Tx will have to up their game. Then maybe the pvts in TX could play some of the public powers. That's the only way you would get a good measure of how they stack up. I don't think that will happen but I would be all for it.

TxTech...  The OOS Private School nut-jobs don't understand how Texas Public Schools fund their schools, teachers, sports teams and ect.    

They also don't understand that 99.9% of Texans that are paying (Property Tax and Bonds) don't give one flying fart about some Private School in California, New Jersey, Maryland, Ohio or Florida and how their school zone team would do against them.

I've told the Cali loons (Mater Dei and SJB) blowhards that if they want a game with Katy, North Shore, Allen, DV or whoever..     Get their rich Alums,  Booster Club and ect and get a fund-raising effort together and send Katy about a $25,000 check and maybe they'll get a game...  "Maybe!!"

• Like 1

I'll say it again...  When I see California #1 Public School from the last 15 years..  "Centennial" traveling to Maryland, New Jersey, Florida almost every year for a football game.

Let's talk!!!

PS..  Also... you Cali loons that try to use..  Los Angeles to Las Vegas as you shining travel OOS games.   Give me break.

That's shorter than Dallas to Houston.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GlenC7 said:

Nobody gets dodged in TX when the playoffs start.

The one time I remember Katy traveling any distance for a pre-district game they lost to Westlake in Austin (2016)....3 hour trip?

Katy just doesn't log many miles.......OOS or in Texas.

In the large picture it really doesn't matter to me, but the Katy schedules speak for themselves.

Sidenote: John Curtis tried to set up a home/home vs Katy a few years back, but the word was Katy did not want to travel to NOLA....but would play Curtis in Texas. I don't expect anyone to believe that.

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

The one time I remember Katy traveling any distance for a pre-district game they lost to Westlake in Austin (2016)....3 hour trip?

In the large picture it really doesn't matter to me, but the Katy schedules speak for themselves.

Sidenote: John Curtis tried to set up a home/home vs Katy a few years back, but the word was Katy did not want to travel to NOLA....but would play Curtis in Texas. I don't expect anyone to believe that.

The year Katy played Bellevue, WA that was suppose to be John Curtis too.....but, the word was playing the Curtis veer would not benefit Katy in the playoffs.......that was explanation for that not happening....and that was from Texas people.

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

The Word? From who? I'm not disputing that, just want to know if it is verified. I really don't know what goes on behind the scenes and I'm not sure you do either. Katy is not the best in TX year in and out, but they have frequently been among the best now and then for the past few decades. And I think Katy knows they can be tested and beat right here in Tx, right here in the Houston area. Why look for a long road trip?

2 minutes ago, GlenC7 said:

The Word? From who? I'm not disputing that, just want to know if it is verified. I really don't know what goes on behind the scenes and I'm not sure you do either. Katy is not the best in TX year in and out, but they have frequently been among the best now and then for the past few decades. And I think Katy knows they can be tested and beat right here in Tx, right here in the Houston area. Why look for a long road trip?

Redzone smokes Rock don’t pay him any mind

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

They also don't understand that 99.9% of Texans that are paying (Property Tax and Bonds) don't give one flying fart about some Private School in California, New Jersey, Maryland, Ohio or Florida and how their school zone team would do against them.

You are clearly in the other .1%.

1 hour ago, Texasfrog said:

I'll say it again...  When I see California #1 Public School from the last 15 years..  "Centennial" traveling to Maryland, New Jersey, Florida almost every year for a football game.

Let's talk!!!

PS..  Also... you Cali loons that try to use..  Los Angeles to Las Vegas as you shining travel OOS games.   Give me break.

That's shorter than Dallas to Houston.

No it is not.

image.png.6d60900c75b4dfd930df9eb4b1297bba.png

image.png.d09ab3db90eb4426d1f9b49aaae1e495.png

7 hours ago, Horsefly said:

And I’ve stated a million times, nobody care why you can’t travel, we only care when you do. Until then Texas is the least of the top 3 states to have justification on a national scale. Maybe even behind Ga and DMV region in terms of bragging rights.