Orange County Forums & Trinity League recruiting

Texasball

7 hours ago, Texasball said:

Why do the clowns on this site deny “Recruiting” by Trinity league teams?

All you've done is spend hours proving that Mater Dei and St. John Bosco have transfers which everybody already knew.

Again, you're so dumb that you think proving transfers proves recruiting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Guru said:

All you've done is spend hours proving that Mater Dei and St. John Bosco have transfers which everybody already knew.

Again, you're so dumb that you think proving transfers proves recruiting.

They poach good players from other programs and pound their chest like they have really done something.  There is plenty of proof of this - They just except this in California and mainly the Trinity League cause all those teams are doing the same.

There is no honor in winning this way.  The funny thing about it is - There is not penny's worth of difference between MD/SJB vs DV/NS  -You can take that to the bank!

8 minutes ago, Texasball said:

They poach good players from other programs and pound their chest like they have really done something.  There is plenty of proof of this 

If there was you would post it.

Instead you have screenshots of message board posters talking about transfers. And then you lazily point to that as recruiting.

Just because you wish it was true doesn't make it so, clown.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Texasball said:

There is not penny's worth of difference between MD/SJB vs DV/NS  -You can take that to the bank!

This is really what your frenzied activities are all about: tending to your deep insecurity about Texas football.

You so desperately want this to be true so you just keep repeating it to make yourself feel better and to boost your fragile psyche.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Guru said:

This is really what your frenzied activities are all about: tending to your deep insecurity about Texas football.

You so desperately want this to be true so you just keep repeating it to make yourself feel better and to boost your fragile psyche.

This right here

the bottom line of all of Texas guys consternation 

It's important to remember who we're dealing with here.

Texasball is the bozo who claimed that Newton was the most impressive team in the country.

On 7/14/2018 at 6:07 PM, Texasball said:

Cosidering Newton is truly small town public HS with only 296 total students in the HS 9th grade to 12th grade -  They are my pick for most impressive team in the country.

So he sees 3A Newton running around playing Pop Warner level football and thinks "that's the most impressive team in the country!"

Just like he sees message board posts about transfers and thinks "that's proof of recruiting!"

The guy is an idiot.

38 minutes ago, The Guru said:

If there was you would post it.

Instead you have screenshots of message board posters talking about transfers. And then you lazily point to that as recruiting.

Just because you wish it was true doesn't make it so, clown.

This is more than talking about transfers - I guess you choose to not read what people are saying -  this person is calling out one of the coaches at SJB

2A6ABA18-0DF1-43D8-B73A-6A6E83339736.png

18 minutes ago, The Guru said:

It's important to remember who we're dealing with here.

Texasball is the bozo who claimed that Newton was the most impressive team in the country.

So he sees 3A Newton running around playing Pop Warner level football and thinks "that's the most impressive team in the country!"

Just like he sees message board posts about transfers and thinks "that's proof of recruiting!"

The guy is an idiot.

OMG - you just throwing shit to the wall now seeing what will stick.  

IMO Newton has been impressive only because of public school size -  by no means am i putting them with elite of this country .   Sorry, you have never enjoyed good small school football.  If it’s not one of these ***** Recruited up private schools you going to dog every chance you get.

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

Nope - I haven’t seen team in this country that I would bet on vs Duncanville 

The truth is you and all your ***** loving private choir boys will not admit that these teams recruit developed star rated players -  Why is that?  Is it insecurity?

why are you so insecure about recruiting players and giving them free private school education?  Does it make your teams look bad?  

Why not just be honest with yourself and everyone else.

i say more power to you, recruit them boys...Now bring SJB or MD to Texas and Play Duncanville - who I am pretty sure is willing to play anyone according to @GardenStateBaller

13 hours ago, Texasfrog said:

I understand how the CIF changed the "Transfer rules" and everyone like Coach Rollison can say..."We're just following the rules."

But.. He helped change the rules.  He being Mater Dei with lawsuits against the CIF regarding transfers.  

I could be remembering incorrectly, but I think it was actually Coach McKnight and the basketball program with the lawsuits? Not that it makes a huge difference.

12 minutes ago, Texasball said:

The truth is you and all your ***** loving private choir boys will not admit that these teams recruit developed star rated players -  Why is that?

Because you have no evidence of anything.

You're just a shrieking Texas fanboy who is deeply insecure about your state.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Moosington said:

I could be remembering incorrectly, but I think it was actually Coach McKnight and the basketball program with the lawsuits? Not that it makes a huge difference.

Nope. The impetus for the lawsuit was when Jon Walters, a top water player who transferred from Corona Del Mar to MD and was ruled ineligible for a season.

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

This is more than talking about transfers - I guess you choose to not read what people are saying -  this person is calling out one of the coaches at SJB

2A6ABA18-0DF1-43D8-B73A-6A6E83339736.png

Again, so why doesn’t this clown 🤡 report these infractions.

We all know why.He has no real proof.All of these California posters are doing exactly what you’re doing.Being upset with another teams greatness so they/you slander and cast doubt.All the while having absolutely zero proof 

its really sad that grown men act this way.

• Like 1

It's common knowledge that that these teams recruit.

Why do you guys try to deny it?  It's not going to change damn thing.  You will still enjoy following and pulling for these teams.

It's you people who are insecure about the subject!

I am secure along with other Texans in saying -  Please send SJB or MD to play Duncanville?  @GardenStateBaller has already mentioned that Duncanville is willing to play anyone.  

14 minutes ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

I went to MD and live in Texas and have been to a few games out here and Honestly feel Texas’s best (6a quarter/semi-finals) is comparable to the Trinity league as a whole, but it’s regional and that’s not the same thing. I also believe playing in an Uber tough league (let alone playoffs) as well as scheduling multiple, tough OOS opponents hardens a team and also proves something. I can’t really comment on the ‘recruiting’ points except to say I think it happens at a lot of the top schools (perhaps here in TX too), but it’s a fair point that it is prevalent in the Trinity League. 

That said, here’s what I don’t understand and am hoping you (TX) can perhaps shed a little light:

1. What exactly is the rule prohibiting OOS travel and why was it created?

2. Why not accept “Home’ challenges from Top OOS CA schools? I’ve heard MD/Bosco both tried to schedule NS/DV and they declined

...Because, to the outside Homer and someone who actually went to MD and lives in Texas, the Whole TX > CA and especially at the mythica-natty-level, it just feels a little lacking in proof. And I’m not talking about Trinity/etc. in years past..I’m talking about here and now. 

id love to hear a solid argument how any of Texas’s top teams would beat MD/Bosco and the outcome wouldn’t be similar to what happened to the other recent top teams Nationally with long streaks which included a robust OOS sample size. 

I appreciate your honesty in the first paragraph.

There is not rule against traveling oos for non district games.  The biggest issue is the money needed and the scheduling nightmare it creates for the under varsity level teams.

I can’t speak on if they actually reached out to those teams or not.  I do know that I personally seen email from SJB to school here not at the level of the two you mentioned.  That email was dated late March and they was asking this school if they would be willing to travel to play at SJB.  Late March is way to late to send e-mail to most anyone in Texas.  Duncanville was willing to play St. John’s who was highly ranked and stacked.  Maybe @GardenStateBaller Can tell more how that game was set up.

I am pretty sure the traveling teams are demanding X amount of money to be paid out.  Word is SFA and SJC is willing to travel for way less money than others.  

When talking elite teams like SJB and MD -  I don’t see many people arguing about who is the best.  You have to understand the level that some on here have tried to place MD at.  Like it’s not possible for anyone to play with them.

My argument is Duncanville is on that level.  MD is not going to out coach Duncanville and DV is not going to out coach MD.

I would however say that DV has the type of athletes (speed) across the board with great execution to possibly beat MD -  It would be good game win or lose for either team.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

I went to MD and live in Texas and have been to a few games out here and Honestly feel Texas’s best (6a quarter/semi-finals) is comparable to the Trinity league as a whole, but it’s regional and that’s not the same thing. I also believe playing in an Uber tough league (let alone playoffs) as well as scheduling multiple, tough OOS opponents hardens a team and also proves something. I can’t really comment on the ‘recruiting’ points except to say I think it happens at a lot of the top schools (perhaps here in TX too), but it’s a fair point that it is prevalent in the Trinity League. 

That said, here’s what I don’t understand and am hoping you (TX) can perhaps shed a little light:

1. What exactly is the rule prohibiting OOS travel and why was it created?

2. Why not accept “Home’ challenges from Top OOS CA schools? I’ve heard MD/Bosco both tried to schedule NS/DV and they declined

...Because, to the outside Homer and someone who actually went to MD and lives in Texas, the Whole TX > CA and especially at the mythica-natty-level, it just feels a little lacking in proof. And I’m not talking about Trinity/etc. in years past..I’m talking about here and now. 

id love to hear a solid argument how any of Texas’s top teams would beat MD/Bosco and the outcome wouldn’t be similar to what happened to the other recent top teams Nationally with long streaks which included a robust OOS sample size. 

I guess some of you are going to claim - this guy doesn’t know what he is talking about in his first paragraph.

i really appreciate the honesty.  This is type of guy that people can have quality conversations with.

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

A one game scheduling nightmare.

"aahhhhhh!"

image.jpeg.152cee2fe1c3dd285737c34343136d25.jpeg

Yes - scheduling nightmare.  When one school schedules another down here that includes all the JV and freshman games and at smaller schools it includes the JR High teams too.

The HFC is responsible to the sub varsity teams the same as he is to the Varsity.

This is really big deal -  Did you know that when Westlake CA traveled to Aledo they brought 3 teams and played games against Aledo 9th grade and Aledo JV.

all 3 games ended in blowouts.  But hay man those kid got to travel across the country.