No. 1 Mater Dei defeats No. 2 SJB 38-24

ATLien12x

3 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Don't know if it was mentioned already but is there going to be a stream available?  How in the hell are you guys that don't live in SoCal watching the game?  I can't get prime ticket.  

The game is on Fox Sports West, at least for me (YouTube TV).

Capture.PNG.bf5973cc38eee200406fa4c5c7eb94c2.PNG

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Don't know if it was mentioned already but is there going to be a stream available?  How in the hell are you guys that don't live in SoCal watching the game?  I can't get prime ticket.  

It’s on my cable thankfully. I’ve been blessed to get all the Texas state championships and the big southern California games for years. It’s just part of the fox sports package I don’t think it’s anything special or expensive, just in the bundle 

Ill keep my eye out for a stream closer to game time. If i find one I’ll post it. Try downloading fox sports go on a table/phone and see if you can get it for free. I know a lot of folks without cable were able to watch Mater Dei/SFA that way 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

It’s on my cable thankfully. I’ve been blessed to get all the Texas state championships and the big southErn California games for years. It’s just part of the fox sports package I don’t think it’s anything special or expensive, just in the bundle 

I use to get that package but it is no longer an option up here for some reason.  I can log into a relatives account in NorCal that does have the bundle but if go to watch the channel it says I can only view it 'in home' and not online.  Bullshit.  

Why anybody would keep somebody from watching a hs football game by limiting where you can watch it is beyond me.  

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I use to get that package but it is no longer an option up here for some reason.  I can log into a relatives account in NorCal that does have the bundle but if go to watch the channel it says I can only view it 'in home' and not online.  Bullshit.  

Why anybody would keep somebody from watching a hs football game by limiting where you can watch it is beyond me.  

Sportz tv is $15/m and can get every channel known to mankind including pay per views. No contract. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

I don’t know the programs well to speak in absolute but that’s beyond silly. These kids are on the biggest stage playing for an undefeated season, a national championship, and bragging rights over their rival for the next 45 days. 

They play each other every year and often they are undefeated at the time of the first matchup.  This game is nothing new to either team, except that before the past couple of years they both weren’t as highly ranked.  Their games are sometimes as much a chess match as anything else.  

I’m not saying they wont play hard, but I won’t be shocked if it’s not a slugfest.  

Interesting note to remember: 

Bosco defense played lights out in the first half of this second game. Mater Dei didn’t score until 1:32 left until halftime. (7-7) 

SJB held them to 35 total points in two games last year (1-1). Curious to see how Bryce and that juggernaut offense does tonight. Played well against SFA and their elite defense 

2 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Probably not fair to compare it to the chippiness of the Servite game. MD knew they could get away with 150+ yards of penalties and still win. Unlikely to have that same luxury tonight. Also, if I remember, it seems like the Servite guys were the primary instigators in the MD/Servite game.

The MD kids see SJB as the biggest threat and visa versa.  Both teams will be sky high.

Rivalry = is out and out despise regardless or records.

2 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Probably depends on who you ask. For Rollo and the alumni it's Servite. For the kids, it's SJB.

I’m old school MD from before Rollo was coaching. Servite is the main rival. But Bosco is obviously the most ‘important’ game now. 
I still consider Amat and St. Paul bigger rivals than Santa Margarita and JSerra that didn’t exist in my day.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Interesting note to remember: 

Bosco defense played lights out in the first half of this second game. Mater Dei didn’t score until 1:32 left until halftime. (7-7) 

SJB held them to 35 total points in two games last year (1-1). Curious to see how Bryce and that juggernaut offense does tonight. Bryce played well against SFA and their elite defense 

FIFY 😇

• Haha 1

If You have Directv and the Sports package it is on channel 692.  Also on the FoxSports Go App.  If you weren't cheap you could watch it.  I kid I kid 🤣.  

Semper FI:  Rock that Patch and represent.     locate, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy assault by fire and close combat .

MD 42  SJB 28  

Image result for monarchs for marines

• Thanks 2