Significant 2020 Confirmed OOS games

imaGoodBoyNow

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

They didn’t play, so to ID them as “what they have returning” is misleading 

@GardenStateBaller  why do you seem confused?  Both of those kids broke a leg, Banks had surgery and is still walking around on crutches.  There is no guarantee they play game 1.  So to say they are what’s returning is misleading. 

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Until the recruiting services modify their current rankings, they're still  4-5* athletes to me.

That’s not what I’m arguing.  The question was what does NS have coming back for next year.  You simply pulled recruiting rankings.  My point is there is no guarantee they’re back for game 1.  

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The educated TX posters on this site know that DLS is #3 in Cali at best. But for their teams (ET, NS) to beat them twice would still indeed be a feather in their cap. And a huge feather at that.

Well, Trinity’s win was a feather for the cap, but they never returned the trip. Trinity will travel but they didn’t return the favor. Is NS doing a home and home to keep it legit? 

• Haha 1

On 1/2/2020 at 3:17 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

I was right about DLS vs Trinity for the most part.  I just didn't factor in stupid trick plays with seconds left in the half.

I said that the only thing stopping DLS from putting up 100 points on Trinity was the clock.  I was correct based on the 571 yards of offense DLS got

Unranked Euless Trinity kicked that ass😃

And just think #1 DLS was trying to get a mismatch against Texas LOL

• Confused 1

@GardenStateBaller I just want to say thank you for making these great matchups happen. Back in my day games like this were few and far between. Now they are becoming the expectation and the norm for elite teams.

DLS versus North Shore is a fantastic game. It is more than 2 great teams... you got a lot of subplots like Cali vs Texas, DLS exercising their demons from their last trip to the state of Texas, and the tiresome banter of teams from Texas not playing anybody good from OOS.

I can’t wait to see what game you have cooking up for my Monarchs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

After over 2 decades following the OOS scene I'm sorta burnt out on it.

There won't be anything written in 2020 I haven't seen written a million times before.

DLS vs North Shore seems like a good game, but I really don't know why I should care about it.

There will be the normal 6 months of pregame analyzation and 3 months of post game excuses and BS after the game like every OOS game. 

And, at the end of the day nothing changes.

• Haha 2

On 1/2/2020 at 3:17 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

I was right about DLS vs Trinity for the most part.  I just didn't factor in stupid trick plays with seconds left in the half.

I said that the only thing stopping DLS from putting up 100 points on Trinity was the clock.  I was correct based on the 571 yards of offense DLS got

Bullshit, you called for a blowout. DLS taking a mercy knee being up 34.

Yeah right for the most part my ass.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Back in my day games like this were few and far between. 

Back in the day you didn't have to worry so much when an OOS game happened. You knew the teams were loaded and expected to be a national power.

Nowadays, rebuilding teams who won't even win a state championship are traveling hundreds sometimes thousands of miles. For what?

36 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

@GardenStateBaller I just want to say thank you for making these great matchups happen. Back in my day games like this were few and far between. Now they are becoming the expectation and the norm for elite teams.

DLS versus North Shore is a fantastic game. It is more than 2 great teams... you got a lot of subplots like Cali vs Texas, DLS exercising their demons from their last trip to the state of Texas, and the tiresome banter of teams from Texas not playing anybody good from OOS.

I don’t believe he had much to do with this one.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Back in the day you didn't have to worry so much when an OOS game happened. You knew the teams were loaded and expected to be a national power.

Nowadays, rebuilding teams who won't even win a state championship are traveling hundreds sometimes thousands of miles. For what?

Funny you bring that up

Bigger question why would a powerhouse play a team they know is terrible for an OOS game (John Curtis vs Lake Placid) 

What if anything did John Curtis get from that game they couldn't have gotten from someone in LA?

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Bigger question why would a powerhouse play a team they know is terrible for an OOS game (John Curtis vs Lake Placid) 

They didn't play this team for an OOS game, kingoftrolls.

It was just a schedule filler like 50 other teams have had to do at sometime when things didn't work out.

Who cares???

20 minutes ago, RedZone said:

They didn't play this team for an OOS game, kingoftrolls.

It was just a schedule filler like 50 other teams have had to do at sometime when things didn't work out.

Who cares???

Because it fits the argument you just used on terrible teams playing OOS when they have no business doing so

Just as I said Lake placid taking that game in the first place was dumb on their part as they don't even remotely have a chance of hanging with any OOS powerhouse the same question applies to John Curtis, are you telling me that's the closest "filler game" they can find?

Is there no team in Louisiana or one those border states that could have served as a filler, why play some random joke from FL for a filler when there had to be a team much closer who could have filled that role?

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

giphy.gif

BGW

8 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Well, Trinity’s win was a feather for the cap, but they never returned the trip. Trinity will travel but they didn’t return the favor. Is NS doing a home and home to keep it legit? 

Lmao 😂 fuck dude your hilarious,, fuck hahaha, a Texas powerhouse playing outside thier SafeSpace , Damn that was a good one

• Haha 1