Significant 2020 Confirmed OOS games

imaGoodBoyNow

3 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

It requires couple of brain cells, I have three. 
Not a problem for this dumbass. 
BGW

1 hour ago, WCACguy said:

Better lighten up on the moonshine or you'll be down to two by football season...which'll still leave you twice as many as some posters on here...lol.

Brain cells? We don’t them stink-in brain cells!🤪

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Ararar said:

And?

The actual QB has hard enough time hitting deep passes and you expect it to be automatic when thrown by the TE?  It was trick play in desperation and it failed!

You already know that the chances for DLS are slim when they are forced to throw the ball playing from behind. 

36 minutes ago, Texasball said:

The actual QB has hard enough time hitting deep passes and you expect it to be automatic when thrown by the TE?  It was trick play in desperation and it failed!

You already know that the chances for DLS are slim when they are forced to throw the ball playing from behind. 

😂

if you knew anything about DLS you would know they run trick plays all the time.Kinda what they do in big games.That TE was also the 3rd string QB.Played QB in one of the Open games.ET needed DLS to make unforced errors to win.Its no knock on ET or their victory it just is what it is

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Why does every interesting thread devolve into the Texas guys getting in a pissing match with someone?

lol this is so true. They may think it is the 6 degrees of separation. Everything that now happens in Cali and Texas high school football is related  in some way to Trinity beating DLS years ago. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ararar said:

😂

if you knew anything about DLS you would know they run trick plays all the time.Kinda what they do in big games.That TE was also the 3rd string QB.Played QB in one of the Open games.ET needed DLS to make unforced errors to win.Its no knock on ET or their victory it just is what it is

I don't really see it that way.  Sorry!  There is a lot of what if's on your part.  You haven't factored in that Trinity had got down inside the 10 yard line and fumbled themselves on the drive just prior to the scoop and score.

If you go back and look at the scoop and score - that kid was about to get lit up and may have fumbled anyways.  Instead he dropped it because he was looking at the kid that was about to hit him.  (IMO that was forced turnover) even if he doesn't drop the pitch that play was going know where and likely would have been big loss with time running out on the half.

It would not have been the same game if that play doesn't happen...Point being you don't know how either school would have played moving forward in the game.  You can't predict what what would have happened.

I still say the key to the game started in the 3rd Qrt with three back to back to back series and it started with DLS still in the lead due to missed extra point by Trinity.

1) Trinity get's the turnover drives the ball down DLS throat for like 95 yards ending with TD.  (This was key - DLS could have forced 3 in out with Trinity backed up and got short field after punt) instead Long Drive TD by Trinity

2) Trinity then forces big time 3 and out (something DLS didn't do on the previous series)

3) Trinity gets ball after 3 in out punt -  Drives the field again roughly 70 yards - This drive is not completed until 4th qrt had already started.  

Now Trinity has 2 score lead and this was the most dominate part of the game for either team and that is why Trinity won this game. 

The earned with two hard core back to back drives!!!!

I can also point to mistakes -  DLS scores on 3rd and 15 or 20 on the slip screen pass...Jesus christ - Trinity should have been looking for that sort of play from this veer offense.  I was screaming screen before the play ever took place.

Lastly, very poor tackling on the last TD run by DLS -  Trinity must have missed 6 tackles on that play!

Point being - I believe Trinity could have made the plays on those plays...However, they didn't just DLS did not make enough plays to win the game. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 9:31 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

You're welcome. It's truly my pleasure. PGLs goal from Day One has always been to make a positive difference in the world of HSFB. For as long as it lasts, I'll  always consider myself the "George Bailey of HSFB". Your positive feedback, as well as that from the hundreds of coaches and ADs that feel the same, will always fuel us. The best is yet to come!!

You setup the DLS/NS game?

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Come on brother.  We all know the answer to that.

You know I was being facetious. 🤣 Trinity actually traveled to play Bellevue, but they’re the only power school that traveled to play another power school that I know of (with the exception of bordering states OK and LA). 

• Haha 1