USAA losing another Coach

HooverOutlaw

What is the location of the school?  Kenyatta Watson will not say because the school does not exist.

They will not be using any Alabama State University facilities.  They're closed for the foreseeable future.  What is Dusty Devaughn's plan now?

Spring football will not happen.  Will head coach Clayton Harris tell this to his players?

Still not NCAA approved.  How come their mouthpiece will never address this?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2020 at 8:07 PM, Severino said:

And where is Kenyatta Watson (Texas Longhorns) on all this?  He's the General Manager of USA Academy.  He should be putting out a statement.

He's pretty accessible on Twitter and Facebook.  Why don't you ask him?  Or would you rather just take pot shots?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

USAAs Spring Football events are still scheduled as planned. As you're aware, the manufactured crisis (Covid19) may wreak havoc with every hsfb program's Spring. Let's hope it doesn't for all the boys involved. 

Not manufactured.  Just not taken seriously.  I hope you don't have to eat those words in 3 or 4 weeks but I'm afraid you will.

• Thanks 5

Not a single piece of new information in that interview.

What was not covered in the interview?  Are there school buildings?  Where are the school buildings?

Are there dormitories?  Where are the dormitories?

Are there athletic facilities?  Where are the athletic facilities?

How much is tuition?  Have students' families already paid?

Will the "reclass kids" graduate this June?

What will USA Academy do for their students if Fall 2020 sports are cancelled?

42 minutes ago, Severino said:

Not a single piece of new information in that interview.

What was not covered in the interview?  Are there school buildings?  Where are the school buildings?

Are there dormitories?  Where are the dormitories?

Are there athletic facilities?  Where are the athletic facilities?

How much is tuition?  Have students' families already paid?

Will the "reclass kids" graduate this June?

What will USA Academy do for their students if Fall 2020 sports are cancelled?

Thank you for listening to it.  I'm glad now I did not.  

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It’s an incredibly interesting and insightful 20 minute interview. As a fan of hsfb, you should definitely listen. 

I personally enjoyed the parts when Coach enlightened us about all the great OOS teams he played while at Prattville (STA, DBP, X). 

Here's a chart for your "manufactured" pandemic... how's it going in Siesta Key???... DeSantis is a bigger jackass than you. How is that possible? 

Anyhooo... time for school.......

Infographic: Coronavirus: Upward Trajectory or Flattened Curve? | Statista

As of March 23, 2020,

BGW

Spring sports aren't happening.  Fall sports probably not happening.  Time for Dusty Devaughn to put his Optimal Learning Scope at USA Academy front and center for the next 12 months and give these 73 students the education they paid $25,000 for.

Sorry, I ended that sentence with a preposition.  Should read "the education they paid $25,000 for, asshole."

When will refund checks start going out?  Next week I hope.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Severino said:

Spring sports aren't happening.  Fall sports probably not happening.  Time for Dusty Devaughn to put his Optimal Learning Scope at USA Academy front and center for the next 12 months and give these 73 students the education they paid $25,000 for.

Sorry, I ended that sentence with a preposition.  Should read "the education they paid $25,000 for, asshole."

When will refund checks start going out?  Next week I hope.

Already talks in Alabama about no football/fall sports.

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Friendly reminder that 30,000+ Americans die from the regular flu annually. Carry on.

PS. I’m in the Charleston area now. Isle of Palms to be exact. #lifeisgood #Fchina 

Friendly questions.  Are you really this stupid?  Or callous?

Actually friendly rhetorical questions, because I already know the answer to both is yes.

Even if you’re right, and even if this isn’t an incredibly selfish and insensitive comparison to make, that’s 30,000 in a year. We’re already at 43,000+, in what 40 days?

You truly are a dumbass.  But why am I surprised?  You continue to prove it daily.

#feelfreetoinfectothersyou prick

@HawgGoneIt  Feel free to move this post to the OT forum.  Sometimes you reach a point where you realize that some people are just too fucking stupid to take seriously.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Facts over Fear, my GA brother from another mother! 

Here’s some facts, my red headed, slow witted brother from a different mother. 

This excerpt from an immunologist at John Hopkins....

”Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu? Here it is in a nutshell. I hope this helps. Feel free to share this to others who don’t understand...

It has to do with RNA sequencing.... I.e. genetics.

Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year... you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.

Novel viruses, come from animals.... the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then it’s a problem, Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off.

Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years it’s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens..we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, thats what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be..

H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..

That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.

Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...

And let me end by saying....right now it’s hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.

Be smart folks... acting like you’re unafraid is so not sexy right now.

Stay home folks... and share this to those that just are not catching on.”

You’re very fucking welcome brother....

BGW

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Why not give it to something that actually exists? I have an idea
 http://www.materdei.org/football/html/red-zone/index.html 

How about your local VFW, American Legion or other organization that helps people who were willing to die for you? 

Better spent, IMO, than going to an apparent huckster.

Just consider it.

#veteransarepeopletoo

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2