I’m sorry Darter but Biden has gone to far this time

imaGoodBoyNow

On 8/17/2020 at 10:06 PM, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Reparations for the atrocities.... 246 years of slavery...100 years of Jim Crow legalization of murdering Blacks...Africans kidnapped put in bondage separated from families, treated as livestock, insured by Aetna, taxed by our very own government, police force created solely for capturing runaways , whipped, murdered, raped, taxed, then there’s the methodology of mental subjugation which continues today albeit different levels... better but not ideal by a system designed by whites to oppress, suppress, deny education and opportunity. 

No equity passed down from generations, put a lot behind the 8 ball... is it better than it was , yes although as recent as 1996 a black farmer was unable to get a loan to farm, thankfully that changed. Land ownership, not really until the 60s when redlining and mortgage covenants were prevalent in addition to scarce financing available for Blacks. 

Reparations in a sense would be an apology, reparations would be educational opportunities beyond cookie cutter approaches of today, reparations would be business opportunities and financing beyond the programs that’s available today, reparations would mean healing, repairing the wounds, a healing of sorts. 

Peace ☮️,

bgw

Who are you. The local black klan representative. Repair your brain 

19 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Man I been watching hella nuke videos lately, my favs the Tsar bomba.

Or my favorite weapon is Rods of God @Troll ever hear of them?  supposedly  Giant Tungsten metal rods dropped from outer space , has 0 radiation and aftermath, but the initial blow is devastating 

1960624C-CD8D-483C-A975-3A365E2C5F59.jpeg

I think we may be past those a bit...

tungsten is nice but easier to just use straight up directed energy.

You know how much electrical current and voltage is in the ionosphere?

The chinese have already deployed ground based DE weapons...

ArtStation - Space Laser, Kieran Russell

https://breakingdefense.com/2019/04/shanahan-china-is-deploying-directed-energy-weapons/

...as I drive by a familiar neighborhood, skipping 30 pages of the same old, same old; it was page one that made me stop. My man "Darterblue" was catching hell from the usual suspects. No surprise there as this is the current nature of public forums in these highly polarized times. It's just this appeared harsher, more personal, and uglier then I remember. This honest humble man of integrity has been a friend for nearly two decades. We've attended dozens of high schools games. Five to ten of us sat in Tallahassee, Gainesville, Miami, Orlando, Lakeland, and Daytona at the FHSAA championships. We've ate, drank, and conversed for hours. He's a sucessfull self made family man who grew up without the luxury many of were afforded at birth in this greatest country on earth. The vast majority of his post are informative on financial subjects the average Joe has limited knowledge. Where else can you ask an economist that's a CPA free opinions and guidance ?  My slanted view of the world blames that clueless clown in DC that has enabled the castrated class to falsely imagine they've suddenly grown a pair and like their "GOD" say anything that comes to mind regardless of fact or authenticity. I haven't prayed in over 50yrs. But, come November if the largest reptile to ever reside in the White House swamp slithers elsewhere I may get down on my knees.....       

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

...as I drive by a familiar neighborhood, skipping 30 pages of the same old, same old; it was page one that made me stop. My man "Darterblue" was catching hell from the usual suspects. No surprise there as this is the current nature of public forums in these highly polarized times. It's just this appeared harsher, more personal, and uglier then I remember. This honest humble man of integrity has been a friend for nearly two decades. We've attended dozens of high schools games. Five to ten of us sat in Tallahassee, Gainesville, Miami, Orlando, Lakeland, and Daytona at the FHSAA championships. We've ate, drank, and conversed for hours. He's a sucessfull self made family man who grew up without the luxury many of were afforded at birth in this greatest country on earth. The vast majority of his post are informative on financial subjects the average Joe has limited knowledge. Where else can you ask an economist that's a CPA free opinions and guidance ?  My slanted view of the world blames that clueless clown in DC that has enabled the castrated class to falsely imagine they've suddenly grown a pair and like their "GOD" say anything that comes to mind regardless of fact or authenticity. I haven't prayed in over 50yrs. But, come November if the largest reptile to ever reside in the White House swamp slithers elsewhere I may get down on my knees.....       

Dan, thanks for the kind words. We have watched many a dramatic game together and seen many future college, and a few future NFL stars, before the rest of America had a clue who they were. You have been the epitome of the faithful fan, seeing every Mainland game over a stretch of 20+ years regardless of whether the team was a contender for a deep playoff run or just a one and done playoff team (the latter was far less frequent). I have been a faithful Apopka fan, but much less so than you, as each season I would miss 3 - 5 regular season games when I concluded that the competition was soft. 

This board is populated by many classless individuals. Sadly, they lack the capacity to turn the mirror on themselves. Introspection is a gift. I, too, am sure that many times I have failed to see my own shortcomings. But when called out, I  have always been willing to go back and double check what I said. And when I found myself lacking, I have never been too proud to admit that I erred. 

This year we are being deprived of a regular football season largely because of critical errors at the very apex of our government. If we had better utilized the lock down time to test, trace and isolate, we would be largely over Covid-19 now. Instead, it has lingered with ferocity over the summer and as we approach fall, we can only hope ... 

The USA has been my home for the past 37 years. I had fully expected to spend my last years on earth here. However, as we recently discussed, if the current occupant remains in the White House, I fully intend to explore leaving. I cannot see myself being safe in a country being run by a crazy bigot. I want to enjoy my "golden years" secure in the knowledge that I can live in peace without fear of being persecuted over things beyond my control. The blind Trump groupies cannot comprehend why I would feel the way I do. But I know you understand. 

Glad you have returned to active posting. 

Peace! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Dan, thanks for the kind words. We have watched many a dramatic game together and seen many future college, and a few future NFL stars, before the rest of America had a clue who they were. You have been the epitome of the faithful fan, seeing every Mainland game over a stretch of 20+ years regardless of whether the team was a contender for a deep playoff run or just a one and done playoff team (the latter was far less frequent). I have been a faithful Apopka fan, but much less so than you, as each season I would miss 3 - 5 regular season games when I concluded that the competition was soft. 

This board is populated by many classless individuals. Sadly, they lack the capacity to turn the mirror on themselves. Introspection is a gift. I, too, am sure that many times I have failed to see my own shortcomings. But when called out, I  have always been willing to go back and double check what I said. And when I found myself lacking, I have never been too proud to admit that I erred. 

This year we are being deprived of a regular football season largely because of critical errors at the very apex of our government. If we had better utilized the lock down time to test, trace and isolate, we would be largely over Covid-19 now. Instead, it has lingered with ferocity over the summer and as we approach fall, we can only hope ... 

The USA has been my home for the past 37 years. I had fully expected to spend my last years on earth here. However, as we recently discussed, if the current occupant remains in the White House, I fully intend to explore leaving. I cannot see myself being safe in a country being run by a crazy bigot. I want to enjoy my "golden years" secure in the knowledge that I can live in peace without fear of being persecuted over things beyond my control. The blind Trump groupies cannot comprehend why I would feel the way I do. But I know you understand. 

Glad you have returned to active posting. 

Peace! 

Where are you moving to?

36 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Where are you moving to?

I said I was going to explore my options if DJT wins a second term. Obviously, Jamaica will be on the list as I was born there. Other natural candidates are Canada and a few other Caribbean islands. But, whatever I do, I will do so with care. I am not the kind of person to make life altering decisions without doing my homework carefully. 

13 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I said I was going to explore my options if DJT wins a second term. Obviously, Jamaica will be on the list as I was born there. Other natural candidates are Canada and a few other Caribbean islands. But, whatever I do, I will do so with care. I am not the kind of person to make life altering decisions without doing my homework carefully. 

We'll miss you buddy.

Just now, I AM IRONMAN said:

We'll miss you buddy.

Some people will and some won't. For others it's neither here nor there.

If I were 15 years younger I would consider China just because my son and grandchild live there. I have visited twice and it is not what the media here portrays it to be. But to adjust to a huge change in culture and learn a new language that is significantly different than western, romance languages is not in the cards at this stage of my life. 

11 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

quick note on Canada...

know people that bought "vacation/bugout" homes there...

1st sign of Covid  and they  locked down the borders...

must be xenophobic those hoseheads.

I would stick to places you can get CITIZENSHIP before SHTF

even then it's a crapshoot.

🤷‍♂️

PS: If you think US politics is bad...

17 minutes ago, Troll said:

quick note on Canada...

know people that bought "vacation/bugout" homes there...

1st sign of Covid  and they  locked down the borders...

must be xenophobic those hoseheads.

I would stick to places you can get CITIZENSHIP before SHTF

even then it's a crapshoot.

🤷‍♂️

PS: If you think US politics is bad...

Appreciate the post. Tredeau is obviously a dodgy politician. The host did make one important error though. Perhaps he has never been through a major corporate bankruptcy, but I can say without fear of contradiction that members of top corporate management often make out like bandits for their incompetence and or malfeasance which often caused the bankruptcy in the first place. So, it's not just government.   

Regarding citizenship, I would have a solid shot getting it as: 1. For application purposes, I can apply as a Jamaican commonwealth citizen (even though the USA requires you renounce your former citizenship, Jamaica does not recognize that). 2. I can prove I would not be a public charge there as I have the financial resources to remain independent without ever seeking Canadian employment. 3. I have no criminal history.  

I have been there many times as I have relatives and friends that live there. Aside from the cold, which I would have to readjust to, I could fit in pretty easily in one of the larger, more cosmopolitan cities. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Appreciate the post. Tredeau is obviously a dodgy politician. The host did make one important error though. Perhaps he has never been through a major corporate bankruptcy, but I can say without fear of contradiction that members of top corporate management often make out like bandits for their incompetence and or malfeasance which often caused the bankruptcy in the first place. So, it's not just government.   

Regarding citizenship, I would have a solid shot getting it as: 1. For application purposes, I can apply as a Jamaican commonwealth citizen (even though the USA requires you renounce your former citizenship, Jamaica does not recognize that). 2. I can prove I would not be a public charge there as I have the financial resources to remain independent without ever seeking Canadian employment. 3. I have no criminal history.  

I have been there many times as I have relatives and friends that live there. Aside from the cold, which I would have to readjust to, I could fit in pretty easily in one of the larger, more cosmopolitan cities. 

The people I know who own homes and spend significant time there were shut out, and could not ride out corona in their homes there.  They, like yourself, would have little issue 'getting' citizenship...but there seems to  ALWAYS be a problem in such scenarios, if you don't already have it.

was just something to consider.

🤷‍♂️  

51 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I wouldn’t want to go to a country that’s not as advanced as we are, I’m so spoiled with technology and our way of life it would be hard to adjust 

canada might be the next best thing outside of it’s cold 

36 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

If I were 15 years younger I would consider China just because my son and grandchild live there. I have visited twice and it is not what the media here portrays it to be. But to adjust to a huge change in culture and learn a new language that is significantly different than western, romance languages is not in the cards at this stage of my life. 

I know u stated but why is your son is China ?school? Why did he stay there?   And what’s he do

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

Best of luck....I truly mean that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I know u stated but why is your son is China ?school? Why did he stay there?   And what’s he do

He left the USA in 2010 after graduating from UCF. The only job he could get at the time was to assist in the 2010 census, which was not permanent employment. He quit halfway through the census process to do graduate work in Thailand. TD had always been interested in Asian cultures and history and had self taught himself Japanese. He would have preferred to go to Japan, but mom and dad were unwilling to underwrite the extra cost that would have taken. So, he went to Thailand. In Thailand he met a Chinese woman who was studying at the same institution he was getting his degree at. They fell in love and upon completing his grad degree there (she was still a student) briefly returned to the USA in the fall of 2012. He explored employment opportunities between late October 2012 and the end of March 2013. He did not like the few offers he got. So, he returned to Thailand to teach English at a high school there while waiting on his future wife to graduate. Upon her graduation he followed her to China in mid-2014 and has been there ever since. 

I doubt he will return to the USA, and with each passing year it becomes less likely. For in addition to teaching English in their school system, he and a Chinese businesswoman have set up their own company that offers on-line courses in English Language and Literature. So, he makes quite a bit of supplemental income from that. He also works with a Chinese gentlemen who translates western classics into Mandarin. In addition to serving as an editor for this individual, he serves as the "voice" introducing the e book translations. On a purchasing power parity basis, he makes north of $150k US equivalent per year (it fluctuates due to his business interests). If he were to return to the USA, his job options at this stage would be largely limited to: 1. Working for the State Department/CIA/Defense Department. 2. Working for a large, multinational US corporation that has a lot of exposure to the Far East. 3. Teaching Mandarin at either the high school or University level. 

Most of the above options would entail either doing work he would not necessarily be comfortable doing, or taking a substantial pay cut. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

He left the USA in 2010 after graduating from UCF. The only job he could get at the time was to assist in the 2010 census, which was not permanent employment. He quit halfway through the census process to do graduate work in Thailand. TD had always been interested in Asian cultures and history and had self taught himself Japanese. He would have preferred to go to Japan, but mom and dad were unwilling to underwrite the extra cost that would have taken. So, he went to Thailand. In Thailand he met a Chinese woman who was studying at the same institution he was getting his degree at. They fell in love and upon completing his grad degree there (she was still a student) briefly returned to the USA in the fall of 2012. He explored employment opportunities between late October 2012 and the end of March 2013. He did not like the few offers he got. So, he returned to Thailand to teach English at a high school there while waiting on his future wife to graduate. Upon her graduation he followed her to China in mid-2014 and has been there ever since. 

I doubt he will return to the USA, and with each passing year it becomes less likely. For in addition to teaching English in their school system, he and a Chinese businesswoman have set up their own company that offers on-line courses in English Language and Literature. So, he makes quite a bit of supplemental income from that. He also works with a Chinese gentlemen who translates western classics into Mandarin. In addition to serving as an editor for this individual, he serves as the "voice" introducing the e book translations. On a purchasing power parity basis, he makes north of $150k US equivalent per year (it fluctuates due to his business interests). If he were to return to the USA, his job options at this stage would be largely limited to: 1. Working for the State Department/CIA/Defense Department. 2. Working for a large, multinational US corporation that has a lot of exposure to the Far East. 3. Teaching Mandarin at either the high school or University level. 

Most of the above options would entail either doing work he would not necessarily be comfortable doing, or taking a substantial pay cut. 

Nice,,, what other languages does he speak 

I seen a lot of this guys YouTube videos going to foreign places and speaking their native language fluently, shocks all of the people he talks to , he speaks Vietnamese, Mandarin, etc 

5 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Nice,,, what other languages does he speak 

I seen a lot of this guys YouTube videos going to foreign places and speaking their native language fluently, shocks all of the people he talks to , he speaks Vietnamese, Mandarin, etc 

Fluent Mandarin, semi-fluent Japanese, can handle himself in Thailand, some Spanish from high school/college in the USA. He also comprehends, but does not speak, Jamaican patois.