Sad state of affairs for Prepgridiron

Fred

9 hours ago, Fred said:

It sure seems that the board has gone downhill since it started, what, 4 years ago?  Back then it seemed we talked football and were at least semi-respectful to each other and our language was mostly acceptable in mixed company as the saying goes..  Now days, it seems that every third word is F this or that or some other wonderful word.  Forget arguing the merits of a position, just jump right in with the ad hominem attacks on the person not the premise.  I admit I have succumbed and gone back and forth a few times but have at least tried to keep it clean. I see all these posts where people make disparaging remarks and accusations about sexual preferences and it is just accepted.  It is a shame.  For me at least it has removed some of the fun of participating in the threads.  I guess that is why I don't come around except one or twice a week if that.  And to think this used to be the number one site on my browser.  Oh well.

Only been here a year or so but I agree. This board, IMO, is a microcosm of our country. 

I remember leading up to the election everything was “love trumps hate”, “inclusion” and “we are all one”. Then when hillary lost that shit flew out the window and those same folks reversed course and went “hate trump”, “if you’re don’t share my opinion fuck off I hate you” And “not my president”.

Not to be outdone, trump and his supporters have fought back and have been just as crazy and hateful. 

It’s scary. 

10 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Well it’s certainly not DJ’s board back in the day. Even from back in 2016 this forum has slowly gone downhill tremendously due to way fewer participating. Numbers are lower than ever. The reason you’re seeing fucking and sexual preferences is because you’re reading comments from the same exact people over and over. The board is dying out. It is what it is. This is essentially a Georgia and California board now with a few guys from Jersey chiming in sometimes. 

It’s definitely not as appealing as it used to be when the numbers were high. Losing out on more and more key pieces each year without replacing them. We’re like an FCS football team, some talent on here but no depth. 

That and this year most of the best Early season OOS matchups went to shit SMH.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Fred said:

It sure seems that the board has gone downhill since it started, what, 4 years ago?  Back then it seemed we talked football and were at least semi-respectful to each other and our language was mostly acceptable in mixed company as the saying goes..  Now days, it seems that every third word is F this or that or some other wonderful word.  Forget arguing the merits of a position, just jump right in with the ad hominem attacks on the person not the premise.  I admit I have succumbed and gone back and forth a few times but have at least tried to keep it clean. I see all these posts where people make disparaging remarks and accusations about sexual preferences and it is just accepted.  It is a shame.  For me at least it has removed some of the fun of participating in the threads.  I guess that is why I don't come around except one or twice a week if that.  And to think this used to be the number one site on my browser.  Oh well.

The F words and the ad hominems were here from the beginning. 

I blame the following:

1. Covid-19. A lot of us aren't even playing football right now.

2. Election year.

3. Traveling super teams.

We're in hell right now, gentlemen...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ga96 said:

You have that when mods pic and choose on what they agree with instead of enforcing and abiding by the same rules. That random sh*t thread is a prime example. The crown jewel of hypocrisy on here. Post are supposed to be "football related" though and its not much football talk in their and when you have mods going right along with it you cant expect better from other posters. Attitude reflects leadership. Supposed to be no politics on this side but its even on this thread. Hell its hard for me to get on here without seeing a trump add. Ill probably get banned again by hawg for mentioning that but for a lot of people when they get on any message boards the last thing they want to see is trump adds. If i would've seen those adds when I first checked out this site i would've never joined.

20 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

On several occasions I’ve recommended to @PrepGridiron that he eliminate the OT Forum. That would force posters to talk hsfb 24/7/365, or only particpate in a meaningful manner between August and January. 

If you want to improve the OT Forum, here's a simple rule to follow:

Whenever you feel like posting, don't. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

On several occasions I’ve recommended to @PrepGridiron that he eliminate the OT Forum. That would force posters to talk hsfb 24/7/365, or only particpate in a meaningful manner between August and January. 

You have 4000 trump posts on the OT forum and they are ALL the same.....and now you have 2 handles there.

You are full of shit!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I know ur not talking

You have 8000 posts about Trump

@RedZone or should I say @TheRealCAJ

Only I'm not bitching, bitch.

If I want to post on the OT Forum that's where I'll post....if I want to post a football message I will post a football message here.

f*** trump f*** St. Frances Academy f*** IMG Academy f*** Life Christian Academy f*** USA Academy f*** all the wanna-be academies and FUCK the prophet of the privates!

We clear?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Only I'm not bitching, bitch.

If I want to post on the OT Forum that's where I'll post....if I want to post a football message I will post a football message here.

f*** trump f*** St. Frances Academy f*** IMG Academy f*** Life Christian Academy f*** USA Academy f*** all the wanna-be academies and FUCK the prophet of the privates!

We clear?

A lot of hate there, do you also have a enemy list on your nightstand like Richard Nixon?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Fred said:

first off get a sack....the  board is fun....and yes there are times when it gets surly just like at a bar.....but our love for high school football is what makes this board special....

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

For real these crybabies acting like someone is forcing them to be here and forcing them to read something they don't want to.. haha  nonsense

@CODBEARD I think your random thread where everyone is having a good time , where we can blow off steam from surviving another day of this shit hole, is a big trigger for some of these Comies on here 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TheOneTRUEmorph said:

Don't like it, leave

Nobody forces you to post here, same goes for anyone. If you don't like it the door is easy access with no barriers

You newbies have no idea what this board is about.

This board is for people wanting to come on and read stuff that forking (can't say fucking) infuriates them so they can muster up the keyboard courage to flame back at the offender with self-educated finesse.

Nobody is gonna leave unless their name is Rab.

And yes...he was terribly offended....by his banishment....(Smile).

So shoot low sheriff...the creatures on this board may be crawling.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Fred is just upset that several posters are breaking his balls over Grayson and transfers. Internet message boards are not for the thin skinned. Outside of LOS nobody has gotten out of line that often.   Smack talk is part of sports.  

Kids wanna play at Grayson. They wanna play at Marietta. They now wanna play at valdosta. 

Kids wanna play for proven winners (all three mentioned above). With their friends. Where they know CFB coaches will be looking. 

I don’t see the big deal. What’s good for one should be good for all, no?

• Like 1