Sad state of affairs for Prepgridiron

Fred

It sure seems that the board has gone downhill since it started, what, 4 years ago?  Back then it seemed we talked football and were at least semi-respectful to each other and our language was mostly acceptable in mixed company as the saying goes..  Now days, it seems that every third word is F this or that or some other wonderful word.  Forget arguing the merits of a position, just jump right in with the ad hominem attacks on the person not the premise.  I admit I have succumbed and gone back and forth a few times but have at least tried to keep it clean. I see all these posts where people make disparaging remarks and accusations about sexual preferences and it is just accepted.  It is a shame.  For me at least it has removed some of the fun of participating in the threads.  I guess that is why I don't come around except one or twice a week if that.  And to think this used to be the number one site on my browser.  Oh well.

• Thanks 4
  • Like 2

Just now, Fred said:

It sure seems that the board has gone downhill since it started, what, 4 years ago?  Back then it seemed we talked football and were at least semi-respectful to each other and our language was mostly acceptable in mixed company as the saying goes..  Now days, it seems that every third word is F this or that or some other wonderful word.  Forget arguing the merits of a position, just jump right in with the ad hominem attacks on the person not the premise.  I admit I have succumbed and gone back and forth a few times but have at least tried to keep it clean. I see all these posts where people make disparaging remarks and accusations about sexual preferences and it is just accepted.  It is a shame.  For me at least it has removed some of the fun of participating in the threads.  I guess that is why I don't come around except one or twice a week if that.  And to think this used to be the number one site on my browser.  Oh well.

Man, if you think the Varsity Page has went downhill, you should take a look at the wart on our ass called the OT section. 

Mama Mia! 

It is what it is. We are a collection of posters and they basically create the content and choose what that content is. I figure it will die of its own accord eventually as folks give up on it and the ridiculousness. Nothing lasts forever I suppose. 

It definitely did used to be much more fun though. Seems like the hay days have passed for it. Idk though. Tough to say during a pandemic. Also very difficult to pivot to full on football talk when not everyone is playing due to the pandemic. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Fred said:

1F3DACEA-919B-44D5-9464-2133C217CC95.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Well it’s certainly not DJ’s board back in the day. Even from back in 2016 this forum has slowly gone downhill tremendously due to way fewer participating. Numbers are lower than ever. The reason you’re seeing fucking and sexual preferences is because you’re reading comments from the same exact people over and over. The board is dying out. It is what it is. This is essentially a Georgia and California board now with a few guys from Jersey chiming in sometimes. 

It’s definitely not as appealing as it used to be when the numbers were high. Losing out on more and more key pieces each year without replacing them. We’re like an FCS football team, some talent on here but no depth. 

• Like 4

Our All-American (@ECHS05) went down with an apparent season ending injury and we replaced him with the 3rd string true freshman @ngdawg)

@Horsefly hasn’t been around. @DevilDog hasn’t been around. Where’s @steeler01? Where’s @PrepGridiron? My old pal @Pops? how about @Omaha Vol? @MC Rockets

This board has lost a ton of the key members so far this year. That is a way bigger part of why it’s declined than Rufus/Larry cussing (which is hilarious because they’re like 100) or GoodBoy making sexual advances (which I’m for because he’s funny) 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Man, if you think the Varsity Page has went downhill, you should take a look at the wart on our ass called the OT section.

I think I may have two or three responses over there where someone tagged me and I responded without realizing where the post was.  I stay away from that cesspool!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Our All-American (@ECHS05) went down with an apparent season ending injury and we replaced him with the 3rd string true freshman @ngdawg)

@Horsefly hasn’t been around. @DevilDog hasn’t been around. Where’s @steeler01? Where’s @PrepGridiron? My old pal @Pops? how about @Omaha Vol? @MC Rockets

This board has lost a ton of the key members so far this year. That is a way bigger part of why it’s declined than Rufus/Larry cussing (which is hilarious because they’re like 100) or GoodBoy making sexual advances (which I’m for because he’s funny) 

A lot of the others are stuck in the wart on our ass banging their heads against brick walls while staring at each other slobbering bloody slobbers. Playing tribalism or whatever. A few posters have decided to not hang around on this site at all due to what carrying on happens back there and I don't blame them. To know the type of people you are around and still stick around and converse with them is on you. Some decided nah, not going to do it. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Rufus rarely cusses although it does happen. (Might there be some 1800 causing that?)  It is way more than IAGBN. 

I try not to hard cuss on here too much and I’m fairly certain I’ve never made sexual jokes on a HSFB board. Maybe it’s because I’ve only been to the OT Board once in my four years here and I still have my innocence to me 🤣. Once over there was enough for me. Never read it, never post in it.   I struggle to agree on HSFB with y’all let alone trying to discuss more important matters (yikes) 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Personally, I have chosen to compartmentalize about the OT section. I do my level best to ignore what I've seen and read back there when the posters actually come to the Varsity Page and talk football. After all, that is what this site was meant to be about. 

It has morphed though, as the posters became infected and stuck to the OT. As I said, a board is about the members and their content. I think the entirity of social media,, and message boards have pretty much been infected with the same sickness. It isn't just here where we thought, naively I suppose, that we were on about high school football, and just football in general. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Personally, I have chosen to compartmentalize about the OT section. I do my level best to ignore what I've seen and read back there when the posters actually come to the Varsity Page and talk football. After all, that is what this site was meant to be about. 

It has morphed though, as the posters became infected and stuck to the OT. As I said, a board is about the members and their content. I think the entirity of social media,, and message boards have pretty much been infected with the same sickness. It isn't just here where we thought, naively I suppose, that we were on about high school football, and just football in general. 

I think at the end of the day personally I'm a very fair and respectful person

When people are respectful I can have a respectful discussion back, but when people show themselves to not have integrity and resort to Lying I show the same amount of respect back that they deserve, whether or not I agree with someone has no bearing on it

For example GeorgiaGator is a Lowndes guy who I gave a hard time in the past but I spoke with him and put it in the past and realized that he is actually a honest person who can evaluate respectfully and truthfully even if I don't agree and I can talk respectfully with him, the other 2 Lowndes fans however resort to Lying and disrespect so I respond with that and I won't even go into redzone and Los but Similar to above that when I know someone lacks honesty I give them the same level of respect back 

Football isn't fully back so some posters probably have taken a break, pops will be back when California starts football and horsefly is in and out but will probably be back once Texas in the large Classifications start playing

Same with the other Texas posters but honestly many just don't see the value in posting here when there state isn't actively playing, it's the same on the Florida board

You have that when mods pic and choose on what they agree with instead of enforcing and abiding by the same rules. That random sh*t thread is a prime example. The crown jewel of hypocrisy on here. Post are supposed to be "football related" though and its not much football talk in their and when you have mods going right along with it you cant expect better from other posters. Attitude reflects leadership. Supposed to be no politics on this side but its even on this thread. Hell its hard for me to get on here without seeing a trump add. Ill probably get banned again by hawg for mentioning that but for a lot of people when they get on any message boards the last thing they want to see is trump adds. If i would've seen those adds when I first checked out this site i would've never joined.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

I try not to hard cuss on here too much and I’m fairly certain I’ve never made sexual jokes on a HSFB board. Maybe it’s because I’ve only been to the OT Board once in my four years here and I still have my innocence to me 🤣. Once over there was enough for me. Never read it, never post in it.   I struggle to agree on HSFB with y’all let alone trying to discuss more important matters (yikes) 

Weird year for sure and I think that plays a lot into it. OT side is generally trash and other than getting tagged and responding, I don’t post there, but will browse sometimes.

Random sh!& thread is just to pass time and a good release. Same with game day drink thread.  Plus those are purely labeled so it’s not some mystery. 

With a lack of overall national games it’s hard for people to keep an interest. Cussing, yeah I’ll throw a few F bombs now and then and Im guilty of it at times. I’m not worried if someone else does and don’t sweat that stuff, but if others do I guess I can try and curb it some.

Numbers are down for sure. I have seen that happen on boards over the years until they are gone. The guys @ATLien12x pointed out have been noticeably absent, also where is @GloryDays been?

Face it, 2020 has been a shitty year, think the board gets a mulligan this year. Next year will hopefully be a better year. Maybe get some new blood to  re-energize it. Maybe make an effort to reach out an bring back some of the OG’s who helped make this and DJ’s board a destination if they are hopefully still interested.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Fred said:

Stressful times often bring out the worst in people. I think that's part of the problem. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Fred said:

Bullhockey, you're around when convenient. Furthermore we have clowns like GSB peddling lies...so forgive us if the environment is not to your liking.

Secondly, try to model for the rest of the mental midgets instead of complaining. Company included.

Be a solution.

bgw

#remembrance9/11

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ga96 said:

You have that when mods pic and choose on what they agree with instead of enforcing and abiding by the same rules. That random sh*t thread is a prime example. The crown jewel of hypocrisy on here. Post are supposed to be "football related" though and its not much football talk in their and when you have mods going right along with it you cant expect better from other posters. Attitude reflects leadership. Supposed to be no politics on this side but its even on this thread. Hell its hard for me to get on here without seeing a trump add. Ill probably get banned again by hawg for mentioning that but for a lot of people when they get on any message boards the last thing they want to see is trump adds. If i would've seen those adds when I first checked out this site i would've never joined.

174D8762-811C-48F7-A99B-A9B6FD710A91.gif

F961167F-2526-485D-997A-19ABF85C4358.gif

• Haha 3

Come on guys...there's nothing wrong with cussing.  If there was...hell, you fellers know I wouldn't do it.  I'm a Colquitt supporter !!!

Albeit, we had one of the best "cussers" of all time back a few years ago as our HC.  The man held a Doctorate in English and I'm here to tell ya he knew words...and made up words...and could talk in a language that people understood.

But...back to the board....I suppose I could blame my misbehavior on the pandemic...or my feud with Lowndes...or my extreme dislike for stupid people.  There could be a myriad of reasons.  A lot of people say there's a woman to blame...but I'd surmise...it's Margaritaville's fault.  Alas, that's just my current excuse.

I also would say I'll try to do better but...there's no sense in adding lying to my transgressions.....

Rufus>>

• Haha 2