GHSA investigates Valdosta QB eligibilty

Fred

4 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Colquitt is a better program than Valdosta. Think back to your time on this board... who’s discussed more, Colquitt or Valdosta? The answer to that question wins this game. Propst and Garcia are not enough to overcome the difference. Colquitt is going to eat Valdosta’s line for breakfast and wreak havoc the entire game. 

This is nothing new. Packers>Wildcats

Uh, we were trying to keep that a secret.  

THANKS A LOT !!!!

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Colquitt is a better program than Valdosta. Think back to your time on this board... who’s discussed more, Colquitt or Valdosta? The answer to that question wins this game. Propst and Garcia are not enough to overcome the difference. Colquitt is going to eat Valdosta’s line for breakfast and wreak havoc the entire game. 

What???? if I had a nickel every time I heard about the 1920s world champ wildcats id have enough money to fill my F250 with Racing Fuel 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

What???? if I had a nickel every time I heard about the 1920s world champ wildcats id have enough money to fill my F250 with Racing Fuel 

I don't know how else to put it...the Cats have won more football games than any other high school team in the USA...but...this ain't 1920. 

Rufus>>

• Like 2

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

If you had that much money, you'd probably waste it on a bet that New Jersey was better at football than Cali or something. 

• Haha 1

Here is the pertinent section of the GHSA bylaws. 

1.62 (g) The student has one of the following family related circumstances which shall constitute a waiver of the“bona fide move” rule:

(1) There is a Superior Court Final Order changing permanent physical custody of the student from one parent to the other parent and the student moves to the residence of the parent receiving custody in a new service area and attends the member school serving that service area. Note: All cases involving non-parental custody changes must be appealed through the hardship process.

(2) There is a Superior Court Final Order awarding permanent joint physical custody to the parents and the student elects to move from the residence of one parent to the residence of the other parent in a new service area and attends the member school serving that area of residence. Provided, however, that such an election can be made only once during a 12-month period beginning the date of the transfer and the Final Order must have specifically awarded the parents “joint physical custody” of the student. An award of “joint legal custody” shall not suffice for purposes of this paragraph.

https://www.ghsa.net/sites/default/files/documents/Constitution/Constitution20-21completecx8.pdf

Page 20 if you are interested.

It *seems* to not look good for the kid but who knows.

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

Better recently due to propst. Before he got there colquitt was a wasteland. They did have a history of being the second best team in georgia behind valdosta years ago.

10 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Rush normally repairs programs that are in the gutter. Valdosta is in great shape compared to Hoover, Colquitt and Alma Bryant. 

He will have to do a lot after this year recently the underclassmen and middle schools of Lowndes have stomped the Valdosta schools so he's gonna have to close that gap.

38 minutes ago, Fred said:

Here is the pertinent section of the GHSA bylaws. 

1.62 (g) The student has one of the following family related circumstances which shall constitute a waiver of the“bona fide move” rule:

(1) There is a Superior Court Final Order changing permanent physical custody of the student from one parent to the other parent and the student moves to the residence of the parent receiving custody in a new service area and attends the member school serving that service area. Note: All cases involving non-parental custody changes must be appealed through the hardship process.

(2) There is a Superior Court Final Order awarding permanent joint physical custody to the parents and the student elects to move from the residence of one parent to the residence of the other parent in a new service area and attends the member school serving that area of residence. Provided, however, that such an election can be made only once during a 12-month period beginning the date of the transfer and the Final Order must have specifically awarded the parents “joint physical custody” of the student. An award of “joint legal custody” shall not suffice for purposes of this paragraph.

https://www.ghsa.net/sites/default/files/documents/Constitution/Constitution20-21completecx8.pdf

Page 20 if you are interested.

It *seems* to not look good for the kid but who knows.

What am I missing here?  If he has the legal document that his parents did in fact file a legal separation, which they did, then how is this not looking good for Garcia?

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

Better recently due to propst. Before he got there colquitt was a wasteland. They did have a history of being the second best team in georgia behind valdosta years ago.

And that doesn't matter in the statement that was made by Atlien. Rush is gone and leaves behind a legacy.

A new chapter got started in the book of Colquitt County Football last season, and paragraph two is being written now. 

Same for Valdosta this year. They start a new chapter in their book. 

Same for Lowndes, they're starting a new chapter in their book as well.