HS player attacks referee in Edinburg

ATLien12x

5 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Probably correct. Problem was the dealership knew he was a registered sex offender and hired him anyway. There was an out of court settlement. 

But you can sue anybody for anything.  Saying this ref can't sue is a clueless statement.   Say the ref is diagnosed with permanent neck injury back injury somebody is liable.  Injury attorneys love people being hurt on the job. Say this ref now can't work his regular job.  I wonder how high the coverage the school has.   Gonna be a mess. 

I don't know if it will be the school insurance or the ref association insurance but yea, I'll be surprised if there isn't a lawsuit.  Some large systems self insure.  Depends on the size and the risk.

22 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

What about banning homeboy that liked his post? Just sayin.  Heard it from a friend. 

Nah. I just am not here to be disrespected like that by anyone. I try to be fair and do the right things. I know we all have different opinions and that's fine. Surprisingly enough I can handle that. Some things just aren't "above board" for the Varsity Board though, and, hell, if I try to deal with it in a funny way, some take exception, and if I try to deal with it directly some take exception and if I try to handle it behind the scenes some take exception. I can't win with everyone all the time. 

I know one thing, I'm not dealing with folks like that character though. I don't have the want to, to do it. Easier to pluck him from the show than to have that type of garbage rising over and over to deal with. 

I literally tried to deal with Mag in a fun and entertaining fashion and steer the convo back but, clearly I made a mistep in responding the second time. I should have left it be and not let it escalate like it did. On the bright side, I rooted out that one profile though. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

He has already probably been contacted by lawyers.  

He already attacked another ref last year. Then was allowed by these adults in position of power him back on the field to attack another ref. But you are saying they are not liable.  You are wrong on this.  If that ref claims long term damage wait and see. The school system allowed a dangerous person back. Probably a ton more on this kid we do not know. 

I know of a car dealership who hired a sex offender. The sex offender made an advance on a customer. The customer sued everyone involved including Ford, the dealership, general manager, service manager and won money from ford the dealership and all involved lost their jobs. So don't tell me this crap.

What you just told me is crap.  Why??? Two COMPLETELY different scenarios.

Sexual crimes are not Assault crimes.

They can sue the world.  But if they don't "dot thier I's and cross thier T's" they won't win much.  

No way "Accessory to assault" will fly in this case (unless stuff under the table is going around).

Law is never as cut-and-dry as it appears on the surface.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

Well I say lets get to the bottom of this. Our friends from Crayola seem to be the authority on color. So I say lets put our cards on the table and disclose our true colors

Me I am DEAA88 or Tumbleweed 🤣

hex%2Bcolors%2B2020.jpg

Ms. Electric Lime got my Black ass feeling Outer Space.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That damn crayon chart @CODBEARDposted got me feeling funny... 

Tf is Fuzzy Wuzzy Brown? Is that like a Grizzly bear? I mean a Grizzly is Fuzzy and Brown but not to sure about how Wuzzy you can get with one....  

Laser Lemon sounds like some bomb ass weed that @imaGoodBoyNow smokes... 

Razzle Dazzle Rose,Hot Magenta and Purple Pizazz.... sounds like Strip clubs... 

• Haha 5

48 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nah. I just am not here to be disrespected like that by anyone. I try to be fair and do the right things. I know we all have different opinions and that's fine. Surprisingly enough I can handle that. Some things just aren't "above board" for the Varsity Board though, and, hell, if I try to deal with it in a funny way, some take exception, and if I try to deal with it directly some take exception and if I try to handle it behind the scenes some take exception. I can't win with everyone all the time. 

I know one thing, I'm not dealing with folks like that character though. I don't have the want to, to do it. Easier to pluck him from the show than to have that type of garbage rising over and over to deal with. 

I literally tried to deal with Mag in a fun and entertaining fashion and steer the convo back but, clearly I made a mistep in responding the second time. I should have left it be and not let it escalate like it did. On the bright side, I rooted out that one profile though. 

"I tried to deal with Mag in a fun way"....Explain that one...How do you mean that,,,?

3 minutes ago, Mag44 said:

"I tried to deal with Mag in a fun way"....Explain that one...How do you mean that,,,?

Lol. Look at the post where I initially quoted you. 

I know you didn't laugh because you felt like you got stung. So, you stepped on it, and I was in the right mood to "let's go" because we've dealt with this more than once before with you. And especially considering you are banned from your other profile.  

Before I have to keep explaining it over and over I'll handle this profile of your too. I have no clue who that other person was, and, wasn't going to learn. I know who you are, and have tried my level best to let you roll, but, here we go again. I'm on here to have fun first, and to deal with this shit second. When this is cutting too much into my fun, I'm gonna be squashing it. Understand? I hope so. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I know you didn't laugh because you felt like you got stung. So, you stepped on it, and I was in the right mood to "let's go" because we've dealt with this more than once before with you. And especially considering you are banned from your other profile.  

Before I have to keep explaining it over and over I'll handle this profile of your too. I have no clue who that other person was, and, wasn't going to learn. I know who you are, and have tried my level best to let you roll, but, here we go again. I'm on here to have fun first, and to deal with this shit second. When this is cutting too much into my fun, I'm gonna be squashing it. Understand? I hope so. 

DANG!!! Hawg laying down the LAW.  Put him in his place.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

Well I say lets get to the bottom of this. Our friends from Crayola seem to be the authority on color. So I say lets put our cards on the table and disclose our true colors

Me I am DEAA88 or Tumbleweed 🤣

hex%2Bcolors%2B2020.jpg

My palms are canary yellow 

in the winter I’m macaroni and cheese 

and in summer I am Antique Brass

49 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

What you just told me is crap.  Why??? Two COMPLETELY different scenarios.

Sexual crimes are not Assault crimes.

They can sue the world.  But if they don't "dot thier I's and cross thier T's" they won't win much.  

No way "Accessory to assault" will fly in this case (unless stuff under the table is going around).

Law is never as cut-and-dry as it appears on the surface.

Great timing I just called a local sheriff deputy I know.  He told me he has been involved in dozens of arrest for sexual assault.  

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Let's move on..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

This kid did screw up though. I know the feeling of wanting to hit a ref though.... 

Ngl sometimes I feel bad for the refs they have to be the most hated people in the sports business... 

Nope.  The person in the red hat in TV games is the most hated.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

You said sexual crimes are not assaults. I have a deputy who has been in law enforcement for 24 years said you are wrong.

And I have Google to tell you that you are wrong.

Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the consent of the recipient. Sexual assault occurs when a person is forced, coerced, or manipulated into any unwanted sexual activity.

The definition of assault varies by jurisdiction, but is generally defined as intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Physical injury is not required.

Now tell me how these 2 are similar?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

And I have Google to tell you that you are wrong.

Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the consent of the recipient. Sexual assault occurs when a person is forced, coerced, or manipulated into any unwanted sexual activity.

The definition of assault varies by jurisdiction, but is generally defined as intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Physical injury is not required.

Now tell me how these 2 are similar?

Sexual assault by your post covers anything sexual.