HS player attacks referee in Edinburg

ATLien12x

8 hours ago, Ga96 said:

With all the feminine reactions in this post. I will say that this isn't the first time this has happened in high school football and it won't be the last. Judging by the history of these situations there won't be much that comes from this no matter how you feel about it. Misdemeanor community service and anger management classes.

This simple Tejas girl takes offense to that statement.

Ya Duck.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Yeeeeahhh sooooo???

Did the player do anything sexual in any shape, form, or fashion to the ref?  No.

Once again...Two COMPLETELY different scenarios.

Not comparing the crimes. But lawsuits that can happen to people that allowed it to happen. Sorry if it went over your head. Fred understood my point with no problem.  You get confused easy.

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Not comparing the crimes. But lawsuits that can happen to people that allowed it to happen. Sorry if it went over your head. Fred understood my point with no problem.  You get confused easy.

hell yeah that Ref is suing the school and the league and the kid and his family.

he's already talking to lawyers

are you kidding?

5 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Wait and see stupid.

i agree with you, dunce

if i weren't in a good mood from reading that USAA thread, I'd insult your state.

That thread's locked.  So that's why GSB said something to me a while back about a can't-miss investment.

I can attest that GSB does not have a new car.  He might even have downgraded a bit.

10 minutes ago, Mad-Water said:

i agree with you, dunce

if i weren't in a good mood from reading that USAA thread, I'd insult your state.

That thread's locked.  So that's why GSB said something to me a while back about a can't-miss investment.

I can attest that GSB does not have a new car.  He might even have downgraded a bit.

It's all good  

2 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Not confused at all. 

You tried to use a sexual assault as your example to compare to an assault on a referee on the basis of a lawsuit.

Two different types of case scenarios. Which was my point.

Yes the Ref will sue for all that he can....Kid will most likely get a Misdemeanor.  School will get fined...That's about it...This "Accessory Assault" you ranting about ain't happening.  

About the same as the San Antonio Jay players a few years back...and IMO they did worse.

Anyways I'm headed to bed.

Watched a few interesting games tonight.

Ryan won 35-21 over Frisco Lone Star to clinch district.

10 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So, how about let's bring an article showing that he did such a thing prior and all rather than what one thinks is going to be a quick drive by from the OT section? 

I'm not an asshole, but, that guy has the M.O. of that same type post, and, I literally didn't even fuck with him about it other than to laugh at his stupidity until we get the tag team OT crew over here trying to slap leather with a real gunslinger. 

Turns out I actually put thought into what I post while others not so much. I posted kids of color because that's what I meant. I had binko bingo over here defending old farts honor calling me lily white and talcum x bullshit. This thread was perfectly fine without those clowns bringing their bullshit into it. 

It was a news worthy story that does deserve discussion. Just not that type of bullshit. 

Talcum X.... bahahaha. 

Dammit man. 

bgw

• Haha 1

Obviously the kid is a thug and has some serious anger issues. School will prob be booted for season as well.

But man what a thread! Video of a crime in progress. We’ve  got someone with personal knowledge of his grades and transcripts. Bans or threats of, definitions of sex crimes and assaults, examples of lawsuits, a reference to USAA (rip). 

A2FD2B96-86AC-4D87-A922-854D5D0C584B.jpeg

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Obviously the kid is a thug and has some serious anger issues. School will prob be booted for season as well.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/high-school-removed-from-playoffs-after-player-attacks-referee-192549395.html 

Damn he’s easily the most hated kid in town , his team has to suffer the consequences of his own dumbass mistakes 

Fairly indicative of something more serious than decision making. 

If it was that simple, it would’ve been “fixed” a while ago.... I’ve seen coaches try to “help” the kid feeling that giving structure, a place of belonging and some go so far as to call upon the call of prayer to solve the issues. I’ve seen success and failure. 

The failure is magnified tenfold and the success is like hands folded on lap going “isn’t that nice, how wonderful”.

We as a society and educators in particular especially have a ways to go in this “pesky” issue called mental health. 

BTW for the “unwoke”, slightly “woke” and flat out racist.... The term “thug” has racist connotations. 

But yeah, this thread is a hoot with some real life lesson given, not sure the recipients would get it. 

Hawg is pretty damn hilarious when his pulse rises from 68 to 69, 70, 71....hahahaha. 

bgw

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cossacks said:

But man what a thread! Video of a crime in progress. We’ve  got someone with personal knowledge of his grades and transcripts. Bans or threats of, definitions of sex crimes and assaults, examples of lawsuits, a reference to USAA (rip). 

Cossacks, you get it; you understand what we're trying to do around here.  and this never became what it could have been.

now, Oingo Bingo should never have been banned and never have been provoked to cross the line, which he arguably did when he first opened his mouth.  he's exactly what we need.  and Drummer, he was in the 101st, and was Bosco's 1st Center.   You don't try to box him in or chill his speech, any more than you try to put Baby in a corner.

you shouldn't shut Churches down while rioters get full license

This kid needs a good ole grown man ass whoopin to instill some humbleness in his soul. Problem is, he'll get a little jail time and probation, then let loose. Hopefully, he will be mandated to take anger management as part of his probation.

Didnt take me long to read that this isnt his first time ASSAULTING a ref.

"Duron was also suspended for the remainder of last year’s 2019-20 soccer season after a similar incident occurred on the field against crosstown rival Edinburg Vela."

38 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

If it was that simple, it would’ve been “fixed” a while ago.... I’ve seen coaches try to “help” the kid feeling that giving structure, a place of belonging and some go so far as to call upon the call of prayer to solve the issues. I’ve seen success and failure. 

The failure is magnified tenfold and the success is like hands folded on lap going “isn’t that nice, how wonderful”.

We as a society and educators in particular especially have a ways to go in this “pesky” issue called mental health. 

BTW for the “unwoke”, slightly “woke” and flat out racist.... The term “thug” has racist connotations. 

But yeah, this thread is a hoot with some real life lesson given, not sure the recipients would get it. 

Hawg is pretty damn hilarious when his pulse rises from 68 to 69, 70, 71....hahahaha. 

bgw

Family issue......The word thug is in rap music, among kids and other words  are used all the time by black kids.....Bad connotation, well look in the mirror....Just sayin......🙀🙀😏😏

7 minutes ago, Mag44 said:

Family issue......The word thug is in rap music, among kids and other words  are used all the time by black kids.....Bad connotation, well look in the mirror....Just sayin......🙀🙀😏😏

you're always so well informed about pop culture, assuming that that's culture.

another story apropos of thugs:  3 of us--we're 18 (circa 1984).  going to nightclub 25-30 miles south of Bayonne.  we somehow learn that there's a liquor store in some mall complex in Woodbridge (Middlesex Cty)--used to be a nice suburb then.  Taxi cuts us off badly, and my friend aggressively races and passes him.  we go in liquor store because we need to drink a couple of six packs before we go in.  when we get out a cop is standing next to our car.  the taxi driver who had started the whole thing called the cops and split.

None of us is of age to drink, and out we come with the beer.  empty parking lot, and it's just us and him.  we can't produce ID.  he goes in my friend's car--i forget whether he asked--and pulls out 2 feet of steel near the stick shift--probably angle iron of sorts--and ask whether my friend keeps it to ....  whatever ha said, it was funny, but my friend has no sense of humor--he's seething, and we're getting dressed down severely.  my other other friend and i laughing under our breaths.

"Go back to that rock in Bayonne that you scumbags crawled out from."

we knew scumbags, and we weren't them.  but we were in the mix a lot, always around trouble, violence.  those comments and judgments go with the game.  you man up and take them; you don't whine and cry and say, you're getting picked on unfairly.  there's always shit that goes with the game--that's what I learned.

not 100% on point, of course, but that's part of some of our experiences, and so, maybe we have a bit more insight and don't see the work exactly the same way.

yeah, that kid needs help, and as Charlie Murphy said, he's gonna get some--we all do.  hopefully, it's the right kind.

56 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

You’re absolutely right... but not on the Varsity side, it NEVER goes well. 

Politics, bias and bigotry have a place for Binky Binks and DumDumDrummer on the OT side.

@Mad-Water

bgw

those 3 evils are here on BOTH sides of the political spectrum.  it's just that one side all-too-often doesn't see their way of viewing the world as informed by politics. bias, and bigotry--they just see it sort of as science: their way of seeing the world is based on objective truth, not subject to debate, which neither you nor I is interested in.  no place here--agreed.

but i generally agree.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Just add a hate crime enhancement and you have the trifecta. You know he hated the ref so it’s a given.

4 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

bgw

Since I used the term thug I’ll take this as pointed at me. My comment was towards  his behavior and that violent act, which is a definition of what’s he demonstrated, sorry it has nothing to do with his race.

11 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Since I used the term thug I’ll take this as pointed at me. My comment was towards  his behavior and that violent act, which is a definition of what’s he demonstrated, sorry it has nothing to do with his race.

Nah, it’s not a personal thing... it’s a let’s get better at who we are. 

Im slowly eliminating that word from my vocabulary. Used it for years. 

bgw 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Nah, it’s not a personal thing... it’s a let’s get better at who we are. 

Im slowly eliminating that word from my vocabulary. Used it for years. 

bgw 

So have I. Hell I still use the word retard, I was told by someone it’s not acceptable, I honestly felt that was retarded.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Talcum X.... bahahaha. 

Dammit man. 

bgw

That was kind of funny tbh. 

And clearly wasn't the actual issue with the conversation nor the word "thug" although coming from the member where it did, and history with that member, peaked interest, when the member showed up from being a regular on the OT magically appearing on the Varsity section to denigrate a young man when information was barely trickling out at that point. Click click boom. 

Then that other profile... Yeah. That one was certainly out of line. I actually hid one of his posts before eventually having to take care of it. 

I really don't mind some racial discussion, but, some people have to be children about it, so, I think it's probably never going to go well. 

I think people need to put just a little bit more thought into what they are saying firstly. Especially as it pertains to race and religion type stuff. It's ok to have opinions, be opinionated and even be active with touting them, but, be thoughtful and realize this is a sports related board primarily intended for that type of conversation, and understand that it's an open community of many people from many walks of life.

Intentionally trying to inflame due to race, religion and politics on the Varsity Board is going to get popped every time. I'm trying to keep the discussion sports related as much as possible and maintain a fairly harmonious community. It's not that difficult to realize when a person is sowing discord intentionally into what is otherwise a pretty decent discussion or into the online community as a whole. 

• Thanks 1