The greatest exercise in futility in history is occurring right now..

badrouter

4 hours ago, badrouter said:

One can only hope someone believes me here: I'm a little fucking snowflake ❄️, and once I actually asked to be treated roughly, my laptop was dust. I destroyed it. My best bet is to suicide myself. My cult daddy is mentally lost. And I can't accept it. Take care of yourselves. You don't want to be like me. 

FIFY ❄️

Plumber GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Troll said:

keep me out of that bet 🤡

I wouldn't bet with you

I know you are a welcher...👍

unlike some newbs

🤡

PS: yes, PA still has play whether it comes to pass or not, so even if you moved your goalposts again, you still wouldn't be out of the woods with that newb. 👌  

keep you out of the bet??..LOL..and blame the loss on your alter-ego Newbie??..LOL..sure Welcher!!....🤡

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

It's a dangerous precedent. 

Now the door is open for a sitting president of the United States to refuse to leave office on the grounds that he's the victim of an election conspiracy that cannot be proven in court. 

This Texas lawsuit, like the overwhelming majority of these lawsuits, isn't really claiming fraud.

It's claiming that state judiciary or executive branches changed certain election statutes, when that's the prerogative of the legislature only. But to say that is perfectly consistent with saying that every American who exercised his or her right to vote did so in good faith, according to the statutes and procedures set in their state, and that all and only their votes were counted.

Once again, they're not even trying to prove in court their public cries of widespread voter fraud. Instead, they're trying to win the election on certain legal technicalities. 

It's an embarrassment. 

@Belly Bob, a really fine set of posts on this topic, thank you.

I think I'd go a little further than just calling it an embarrassment though. Moral collapse maybe. 

I don’t think we should forget that the majority of Republicans sought to overthrow the results of a presidential election and install their un-elected candidate, the majority of their supporters approved, and their party sycophants concocted all kinds of post hoc rationalizations justifying it.

Republicans have calculated they will not pay a political price for opposing democracy, and they value holding power over their constitutional obligations, so there is no reason to respect the results of elections they do not win.  Unless there is some kind of sanction for this, there is no reason to believe this won’t become the new default for whenever they lose elections.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

It's a marketing ploy. Selling (at a premium) the laid-back casual lifestyle of Jimmy Buffett, in the woods, miles from the beach west of I-95. Fifty five and over community, small pastel color homes, near zero lot lines, large outdoor common party area with drinks and lounge lizzard entertainment. Everybody knows everybody elses business. You might fit in. :) 

Is it surrounded by a 40 foot wall of flames? - Because that sounds like hell.

Not so much the homes and land, mainly the Jimmy Buffet part.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mag44 said:

You saved me a long ride....I told the guy who was huffing about this place what you said and he said wel..........Won't listen to that idiot again...

LOL, I did forget one future promised amenity. The developer is looking for an oceanfront lot for the "Latitudes" snowbird residents to enjoy a private Florida beach. With its planned population of 5,000+ at build out this might be a tall order for future lounging and staging space. The "plan" is to bus the masses over to the "Beachside" party area (at 10 miles for a suitable lot).  Sun, swim, and play all day then return on a private bus. Many other planned 55 and over developments are currently in the area and on the drawing board. The difference with this one is in the marketing. They are "selling" an attitude, a beach lifestyle that happens to be miles from any beach and in the woods. I got to give it to them for their gumption and success. They soldout the first phase in record time. The selling of paradise in Florida has been going on now for more then 120 years. The packaging  might be differant but it's still all the same. Peace 

12 hours ago, DBP66 said:

keep you out of the bet??..LOL..and blame the loss on your alter-ego Newbie??..LOL..sure Welcher!!....🤡

Yes keep me out of it 🤡

So what happened.  Something die last night? woke up to 13 vultures, took the dog for a walk over the new bridge I built this week, and was visited by a red friend that barely escaped a cooper hawk ...no worries, hung out for a while till the hawks had passed and revived him 👍.  Vultures didn't stand a chance 🤣  Skies where Red White and Blue by sunset. 😁

But the herd has thinned and it's almost winter...

Some of my day in 10 minutes...enjoy

Oh and almost forgot...Had a whole pizza  for dinner  😜 for realz LOL...👍

15 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

@Belly Bob, a really fine set of posts on this topic, thank you.

I think I'd go a little further than just calling it an embarrassment though. Moral collapse maybe. 

I don’t think we should forget that the majority of Republicans sought to overthrow the results of a presidential election and install their un-elected candidate, the majority of their supporters approved, and their party sycophants concocted all kinds of post hoc rationalizations justifying it.

Republicans have calculated they will not pay a political price for opposing democracy, and they value holding power over their constitutional obligations, so there is no reason to respect the results of elections they do not win.  Unless there is some kind of sanction for this, there is no reason to believe this won’t become the new default for whenever they lose elections.

What a crock-o-shit! You know very well the reason for the uproar is that this was a fraudulent election. Obviously you don't believe that. But just for the sake of argument, (and maybe for introspection), imagine if you did believe it was true, and that the Republicans were guilty of widespread cheating that led to Biden losing. What steps would you want your leaders to take to remedy the situation?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

What a crock-o-shit! You know very well the reason for the uproar is that this was a fraudulent election. Obviously you don't believe that. But just for the sake of argument, (and maybe for introspection), imagine if you did believe it was true, and that the Republicans were guilty of widespread cheating that led to Biden losing. What steps would you want your leaders to take to remedy the situation?

Offering proof in court would be a good start wouldn’t it?

So tell us why Trump’s lawyers never did that despite claiming they had tons of evidence whenever they spoke outside of court or on Twitter.

Think real hard about this one and maybe you’ll get to the right answer.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DownSouth said:

Offering proof in court would be a good start wouldn’t it?

So tell us why Trump’s lawyers never did that despite claiming they had tons of evidence whenever they spoke outside of court or on Twitter.

Think real hard about this one and maybe you’ll get to the right answer.

That's the problem. They don't have proof yet. They do have evidence, but no proof. 500+affidavits signed under penalty of perjury, sending out ballots to every Tom, Dick, and Harry without knowing if they are dead, or moved out of state, or even citizens at all, refusing to check signatures, faking a water main break, ordering all Republican poll watchers out of the room and poster boarding up the windows while still counting ballots in Michigan, stopping the counts and sending everyone home, except four people in Georgia, (Why isn't the FBI interviewing them?), and then pulling boxes of ballots out from under a table, and coming up with astronomically large  numbers of votes in the wee hours of the morning, in four states simultaneously, 95+% for Biden, (with a skeleton crew...How did they do that?) They even tested one of the Dominion machines, putting an equal amount of Trump ballots and Biden ballots, and the machine showed 26% more Biden ballots than Trump ballots!

Yeah, that all happened and it stinks to high heaven, but none of it is proof...only evidence. None of the courts want to touch this with a ten foot pole, but I fully support every attempt Trump's lawyers have taken, and you would too if it was Biden who had been the victim of this smelly underhanded election debacle.

5 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

We all agree that you believe that it was fraudulent.

The only problem is that you're a goofball who believes nonsense that has no supporting evidence of any kind.

4 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

None of the courts want to touch this with a ten foot pole, but I fully support every attempt Trump's lawyers have taken, and you would too if it was Biden who had been the victim of this smelly underhanded election debacle.

Biden's victory was pretty much exactly in line with Hillary's popular vote win in 2016 plus some Trump leakage of midwestern suburban voters.

There's absolutely nothing fishy about the final results.

You're just a clown who "believes" stuff without evidence.

45 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

There's absolutely nothing fishy about the final results.

You're just a clown who "believes" stuff without evidence.

Stop talking about corona like that 😲

PS: You can be censored on the internet for talking about the Murderous hornet  er virus like that.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

6 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

That's the problem. They don't have proof yet. They do have evidence, but no proof. 500+affidavits signed under penalty of perjury, sending out ballots to every Tom, Dick, and Harry without knowing if they are dead, or moved out of state, or even citizens at all, refusing to check signatures, faking a water main break, ordering all Republican poll watchers out of the room and poster boarding up the windows while still counting ballots in Michigan, stopping the counts and sending everyone home, except four people in Georgia, (Why isn't the FBI interviewing them?), and then pulling boxes of ballots out from under a table, and coming up with astronomically large  numbers of votes in the wee hours of the morning, in four states simultaneously, 95+% for Biden, (with a skeleton crew...How did they do that?) They even tested one of the Dominion machines, putting an equal amount of Trump ballots and Biden ballots, and the machine showed 26% more Biden ballots than Trump ballots!

Yeah, that all happened and it stinks to high heaven, but none of it is proof...only evidence. None of the courts want to touch this with a ten foot pole, but I fully support every attempt Trump's lawyers have taken, and you would too if it was Biden who had been the victim of this smelly underhanded election debacle.

Well, if that's true...getting to 7 million votes over Trumpy just makes this "fraudulent" feat remarkable and very fairly tale like.

bgw

On 12/12/2020 at 11:29 PM, Slotback Right said:

No, what I wrote is true.  “[T]he majority of Republicans sought to overthrow the results of a presidential election and install their un-elected candidate, the majority of their supporters approved, and their party sycophants concocted all kinds of post hoc rationalizations justifying it.”  You just don’t like seeing it written like that.

I’ll quickly regret induldging your ‘see it from my perspective' exercise, but whatever. 

If my candidate lost by over 7,000,000 votes, and needed to undemocraticly overturn the certified results in at least 4 states to eek out an electoral college win, and I was convinced there was fraud because that’s what I was being told every time I looked at the news…Somewhere after a couple dozen losses in court, I might decide it’s time to go read one of the judges rulings and compare it to the filing to try to understand for myself what’s going on.

Eventually, somewhere around say 1 – 59 in court, I might look at “the big one” lawsuit for myself too.  And then when I found ridiculous arguments akin to:

If it pleases the court, the State of Texas would like to submit this statistical analysis of boat parades we found on Reddit as proof that President Trump could not have lost the election.

…I might get a little pissed because I’d see that my candidate and allies are using the courts as a disinformation tool, filing frivolous lawsuits to fuel their base, and drive fundraising…and realize I’m the mark and my candidate doesn’t even respect my support enough to do the work to file a serious case. And maybe, just maybe, I might start questioning how/why my news information sources could be so wrong…I mean everybody makes mistakes, but 1 – 59 seems excessive…But then again, I’m not a nihilist and I still harbor the quaint notion that quality of evidence and arguments matter…

Look at the bright side, Ken Paxton, who is under indictment for securities fraud, might get a pardon out it…that is if he didn’t embarrass the boss too much.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

…Somewhere after a couple dozen losses in court...

I’m not a nihilist and I still harbor the quaint notion that quality of evidence and arguments matter…

Quick question. 1-59  and loses? Now can we get a count of which ones actually heard evidence to determine facts(and any possible winner or loser), and which ones were neglected for a lack of (pontius pilot) standing? 

Thanks 👍

ps when you check that out and realize just how bad your bullshit record stinks 💩 you might want to review your news sources 👌

🍿

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Newbie said:

Quick question. 1-59  and loses? Now can we get a count of which ones actually heard evidence to determine facts(and any possible winner or loser), and which ones were neglected for a lack of (pontius pilot) standing? 

Thanks 👍

ps when you check that out and realize just how bad your bullshit record stinks 💩 you might want to review your news sources 👌

🍿

you sound a little like Rudy, Newbie/Troll....sour grapes or stale popcorn??...LOL...🤡

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newbie said:

Thanks 👍

🍿

Oh sockpuppet, lack of standing is a thing for very good reasons...No matter.  Here’s Trump appointed Judge Ludwig who considered the President’s election complaints on the merits (mistakenly IMO), making similar claims and arguments as the Texas ‘Big One.’  

“This court has allowed plaintiff the chance to make his case and he has lost on the merits.”

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Oh sockpuppet, lack of standing is a thing for very good reasons...No matter.  Here’s Trump appointed Judge Ludwig who considered the President’s election complaints on the merits (mistakenly IMO), making similar claims and arguments as the Texas ‘Big One.’  

“This court has allowed plaintiff the chance to make his case and he has lost on the merits.”

Psssst. that reads like a "process" dismissal....saying Wis was following the right "process"....not a review of actual claims of fraudulent activities, with review of the appropriate evidence, to determine whether the "right process" was tainted or not....🙄

Perhaps there is more to it than written ?, or perhaps you just choose poorly.

PS:  but with your claim of 60 to choose from 🤣if that's the best you can do to confront the whole scandal via court lashings .....well...pity you  😥

4 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

@15yds4gibberish

@Newbie: "Well, yeah, we're losing by the shit ton in court but it's almost always because of a lack of standing!"

😄

yes it appears newbie was right...

imagine that...

Yes I agree....👍

Toooooooooo Funny 😄

PS: Gibberish likes it when you bend him over hard like that👍 looks like you got it from here 👌 You 2 have fun now 😝

35 minutes ago, Troll said:

Psssst. that reads like a "process" dismissal....saying Wis was following the right "process"....not a review of actual claims of fraudulent activities, with review of the appropriate evidence, to determine whether the "right process" was tainted or not....🙄

Perhaps there is more to it than written ?, or perhaps you just choose poorly.

PS:  but with your claim of 60 to choose from 🤣if that's the best you can do to confront the whole scandal via court lashings .....well...pity you  😥

why is Troll responding for Newbie once again??..LOL....looks like someone forgot which screen name they were using...🤡..🤡