2021 OOS games are starting to percolate

GardenStateBaller

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Hopefully the students and parents do the due diligence. It’s amazing the lengths an sham outfit will go to perpetuate fraud. 

Because once you cycle through it, very unlikely there’s gonna be a ROI to speak of. 

bgw

I was the one that was lied to sooooo your point? 

1 hour ago, Wendywuuu said:

I was the one that was lied to sooooo your point? 

The point is bail, go to an accredited school with certified teachers and coaching with the appropriate background checks and rigorous vetting. 

Or be stupid, there’s no do overs in student development. You get 8 semesters of athletic achievement then you’re done. Wanna reclass to go beat up younger kids? That’s on you. 

Go JUCO, forget about the Power 5 plantation or go HBCU.... make a difference. And stop bullshitting with these kids. 

Jeez and I thought you were capable of reasoning and critical thought. 

bgw

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

The point is bail, go to an accredited school with certified teachers and coaching with the appropriate background checks and rigorous vetting. 

Or be stupid, there’s no do overs in student development. You get 8 semesters of athletic achievement then you’re done. Wanna reclass to go beat up younger kids? That’s on you. 

Go JUCO, forget about the Power 5 plantation or go HBCU.... make a difference. And stop bullshitting with these kids. 

Jeez and I thought you were capable of reasoning and critical thought. 

bgw

Prep schools have been around forever send the same message to Fork Union, valley forge, choate, peddie, hun school...

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wendywuuu said:

Prep schools have been around forever send the same message to Fork Union, valley forge, choate, peddie, hun school...

"Accredited" Prep not the shit stain on my toilet paper ya'll are selling.....

I'm done here, it was a giggle while it lasted... too bad you can't look at the volume of posts and threads on the USAA debacle then you would have a pretty good idea what you getting into or already committed so far there's no turning back thanks to your BFF GSB. GSB deleted four years of posts exposing his extreme "conservative" beliefs and the USAA debacle.

You dog out some kids with some fanciful vision for those kids to get some assbeatings, skulldentings, dislocated shoulders, concussed beyond stupid land that's on you and then turn around and call it memories and so called life skills? I'll submit, you need a psych hold and evaluation.

I'm a BIG fan of school choice and the right things for all kids no matter what background... but you get adults like yourself and your BFF then it becomes about you and not the kids. So, I was all in on the USAA debacle until it was clear that is was wrong in so many ways.... this smells, walks and quacks like the very same thing, too much evidence out there that suggests for what ever reason you gotta keep on propping up something that should've been bulldozed under and buried six feet deep and started over with the accreditation, certs, background checks, and rigorous vetting.

You can lease, and have funding.... but do you have a physical address?

bgw

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Wendywuuu said:

You mean legit schools that exists and have addresses you can find in seconds. Not the ones you have to meet at Dunkin or Starbucks to find out “where the campus is.”

That is one of the most retarded things I have ever heard of actually it’s comical.

394073A0-663A-4B4D-B0D6-82B562B25A5C.png

5912786D-EB23-4E0C-BEE8-2F0617E643F7.png

CCEF7083-CEF9-4E8F-A1C4-783D060965FF.png

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

That is pretty comical trying to compare themselves to legit preps schools.. So they flip flop.. One minute they are a r High School that reclasses players and the next they are a Post Grad Prep School.. which is it?  They are two different things

We weren’t flip flopping the response was reasoning....the quote had said 5th year isn’t fair or shouldn’t be.

1 minute ago, CODBEARD said:

Typically reclassing is taboo. I don't know of any state association that allows it. The only programs that do this are your Canadian Prep Academies or your independent non associated schools. Like a Life Christian Academy, you guys now, and others of this ilk.  Even IMG does not reclass players as they follow the FHSAA guidelines.  As you know because of the reclassing, post grad players and not being part of an association there are very few High School teams even allowed to play you. You just happen to be the in the only one of very few states in which the state association doesn't care who you play. States like Maryland the privates are not part of the state association and the MIAA and WCAC allows their teams to play whomever like a Prep School etc.. There are also some private schools that allow 5th year players but those players have to sit anytime they play a state associated school. You will not find very many fans of the reclassing here or the post grad players for that matter. It's in many people minds gaming the system.

As accredited Prep Schools go they mostly play other Prep schools but will play an occasional game vs non state associated High School teams that can play them but that pool of teams is small as well and sometime parents have to sign a waiver for their kids to play vs high school graduates. 

If you would ask me the best route to go for what your guys stated mission is would be to get accredited as a Prep and play who can play you under the same rules. 

👍🏼

9 hours ago, Wendywuuu said:

Ok well there’s the problem...the church brought in teachers architects builders banks and did an entire presentation about opening a school. I amongst others were told they were funding it.

Yes lawyers judges parents teachers there was over 100 people there lol

So, you were present at a presentation by the 3rd Episcopal District of the African Methodist Episcopal Church regarding the Christians of Faith Academy, along with over 100 other people including lawyers, judges, parents and teachers.

When did this presentation take place?

Who were the representatives of the 3rd Episcopal District of the AME Church that advanced this venture at the presentation?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Severino said:

So, you were present at a presentation by the 3rd Episcopal District of the African Methodist Episcopal Church regarding the Christians of Faith Academy, along with over 100 other people including lawyers, judges, parents and teachers.

When did this presentation take place?

Who were the representatives of the 3rd Episcopal District of the AME Church that advanced this venture at the presentation?

The exact date don’t remember Feb of 2018 .....the Bishop and other leadership....why else would everyone support the project? In the article there were developers who said the same thing as well as a local politician. Like I said there was 100 people and it was at the churches headquarters....did you not read the article?....

20 minutes ago, Wendywuuu said:

The exact date don’t remember Feb of 2018 .....the Bishop and other leadership....why else would everyone support the project? In the article there were developers who said the same thing as well as a local politician. Like I said there was 100 people and it was at the churches headquarters....

So, in February 2018, you were present when Bishop McKinley Young of the 3rd Episcopal District of the African Methodist Episcopal Church gave a presentation regarding the Christians of Faith Academy at 112 Jefferson Ave., along with over 100 other people including lawyers, judges, parents and teachers.  Is that correct?

47 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

It seems to me there was and still is to some degree, a whole lot of putting the cart before the horse that happened.  I did look further into the article and yes there is evidence the Church was at least discussing and moving forward with the COF project and probably had a meeting to put some things in motion. Comes down to who said and did what when really. I don't know how far up the AME Chain it went for full approval or even the disbursement of any funds for the project. Was there an account set up by the Church for COF or anything in writing that they commit to moving forward with the project?  Seems like it was a lot of talk and pre-planning etc... Was anyone actually hired by the Church to front the COF project or even did the Church actually hire any coaches or were coaches just brought in with promises of something happening?

Looking at that it appears this project was at the minimum being discussed by someone in the Church but somewhere along the line the Richard Allen Group insurance stuff became an issue the Church quickly backed off and away from all of it. So about the cart before the horse thing. You had a schedule before you even had a team, players coming in with no school set up, spending money on hotels , living expenses etc. without an actual account set up with funds from the Church and so on..

So the the folks left holding bag decided to try and move forward on their own. It is actually commendable they have gone this long as long as the kids are being properly educated and being educated to the point if they get to college that they are able to do the work when there... but there is the stuff about things not getting paid which is where the problems come in.. I don't have an answer for you guys as I know scheduling will become increasingly difficult once the Covid restrictions on travel and what not go away and things go back to normal.. You will have to decide if your a high school and not have any post grad players as well have to really consider what your doing as far as the reclassing.. Or go Prep and continue the mission that way

Like I said looking into becoming a Prep similar to the Georgia Knights Prep program (although there is some shadiness there as well as it is a business to make money and I don't think it's all cracked to to be as nice as their webpage makes it out to be) but do it better than them and have programs for the boys that extend beyond football that are primary to the mission which is providing these kids a chance to overcome maybe some mistakes they made or get them out of one situation and into a better one for a better future with or without football

Just my unsolicited thoughts

You have no idea how much we appreciate your input...we are always looking to improve!!!!!! It’s like you mentioned earlier it doesn’t really matter at this point the people left holding the bag are moving forward....now let’s get all the help we can and keep going....Thanks for your thoughts!!!

You guys invest too much time and emotion into stuff that you have no time or investment in. 

Im sure the teams who schedule them know what they are getting. If they want to play them based on the info they are provided then that’s their choice. If it comes back to bite them then that’s the risk they take. 

Like I said before. If you know of any scams or illegality that concerns you, forward it to the athletic directors of the teams that scheduled them. If you aren’t doing that, then you are wasting your time because your rants are falling on deaf ears 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

How about you worry about yourself and let us post as we wish about what we wish.. It's just entertainment man..chillax lol

Nowhere in my post is ordering you to cease and desist in your rants. You can carry on. I’ll even give you a slogan. Lol

“We won’t cease and desist until they cease to exist!!!!!” 😂

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Columbus FL at Benedictine GA 8/27/21 #PGL 

Sounds like an interesting matchup...Benedictine (9-3 ranked #53 in Ga) is home vs Columbus (8-0 and #50 in Florida). No idea who has what coming back but based on this past season I’ll take Columbus.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1