Is ESPN boardcasting Colquitt vs Valdosta this year?

HooverOutlaw

14 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Would be shocking.  True Colquitt fans want to play Valdosta.

You are correct to some extent...but...the Cat/Packer rivalry is NOT what it used to be.  Lowndes has pretty much taken over as Colquitt's main opponent.  

A lot of us "old timers" continue to cling to the tradition...but a lot of the "younger crowd" are more into the present day.  And present day means...Colquitt is in AAAAAAA and Valdosta is in AAAAAA.  They are not Region foes....and haven't been for several years.

Shoot, some of us have been around long enough to remember back when the Albany Indians were Satan's Child.  But...time changes everything.  Unless Valdosta makes the move back into AAAAAAA (which could happen)...I think you'll continue to see apathy grow towards the heralded Cat/Packer matchup.  It might even "slip-slide away".

Rufus>>

18 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

No way Colquitt is gonna agree to put Rush on TV.

Rufus>>

Why? He never was a packer. Let him go’on.

Allow your’n to get the exposure they deserve that could provide them with more opportunities rather than let an outside influence dictate what y’all do. 

Then kick his ass again and embarrass him on national tv. I said when he left, perhaps the best HS program builder in the south if not America. Game day coach? Nothing to write home about. JMO 

2 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Then kick his ass again and embarrass him on national tv. I said when he left, perhaps the best HS program builder in the south if not America. Game day coach? Nothing to write home about. JMO 

It seems as if his game day decisions making started taking a downward trend in maybe 2016 or 2017.  He had it before then or the Packers wouldn't have done as well as they did prior to that.

3 hours ago, Fred said:

It seems as if his game day decisions making started taking a downward trend in maybe 2016 or 2017.  He had it before then or the Packers wouldn't have done as well as they did prior to that.

He has very few titles in jawja for constantly hearing about his great coaching. I mean, he isn't Marv Levy but he isn’t Chuck Noll either. 

Helluva program builder, but I watched his arrogance piss away two straight titles and I seriously doubt those were the only two. 

8 hours ago, Fred said:

A lot of his magic was in his staff. Offensively, he had an excellent staff for the two years we won back to back ships. Was pretty good defensively and s&c as well. With the fraying of that staff with the exodus of Sean Calhoun, suddenly the offense was more human. I think the writing was on the wall at that point. After his leave, Grage left his defensive coaching position for a head coaching job, and that area was really not the same again either. Then Sutton left for a job in Alabama and the special teams and s&c took a step back. 

His magic was in being able to keep great assistants and stay out of their way because he trusted them. 

Some of those guys were virtually irreplaceable. Hammond was no Calhoun for instance. Not by a long way. Defensively we had some strange situations after Grage left. Something was never the same in there either. 

Sutton leaving the assistant head coach spot and losing his organization skills also hurt. Troy Hobbs I thought did a good job, but Sutton had some magic that few have. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

A lot of his magic was in his staff. Offensively, he had an excellent staff for the two years we won back to back ships. Was pretty good defensively and s&c as well. With the fraying of that staff with the exodus of Sean Calhoun, suddenly the offense was more human. I think the writing was on the wall at that point. After his leave, Grage left his defensive coaching position for a head coaching job, and that area was really not the same again either. Then Sutton left for a job in Alabama and the special teams and s&c took a step back. 

His magic was in being able to keep great assistants and stay out of their way because he trusted them. 

Some of those guys were virtually irreplaceable. Hammond was no Calhoun for instance. Not by a long way. Defensively we had some strange situations after Grage left. Something was never the same in there either. 

Sutton leaving the assistant head coach spot and losing his organization skills also hurt. Troy Hobbs I thought did a good job, but Sutton had some magic that few have. 

Behind every great coach is often times  a staff of better coaches. Surround yourself with talented coaches and trust them to do their thing is a proven strategy. Unfortunately It’s usually the ego that ruins this formula.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't think I've ever heard it put more accurately.

Total and Complete...Gospel.

Rufus>>

10 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That is one of the biggest keys to being a great coach! Hire great people and get the hell outta their way!

When I coached for an older cousin back home he told me he trusted me to do my job, so do it. I’ll never forget the conversation. Five cousins and an uncle all coached together. Kicked ass and won a few state titles (five) though I wasn’t on all of them. 

As a HC, Once you start meddling in everything you’re bound to blow it somewhere. This is why kirby sans title in athens. That may change, as the Princess is leaning towards jawja. 

Good luck charm! 😂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

You talking bout Jimmy and Jerry?

Yeah....

bgw

One of the greatest things ever for Redskins fans like myself! Jerrah’s big mouth and ego messing up the dynasty Jimmuh was building. 

They’d have 10+ Super Bowls by now if Jerrah had kept his yap shut! Thank the Lord for dudes with small peepees, big money and bigger egos! The end of many a good thing! 😂 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

One of the greatest things ever for Redskins fans like myself! Jerrah’s big mouth and ego messing up the dynasty Jimmuh was building. 

They’d have 10+ Super Bowls by now if Jerrah had kept his yap shut! Thank the Lord for dudes with small peepees, big money and bigger egos! The end of many a good thing! 😂 

Have you seen Jerry's boat....??? Damn.... it's 350' long!!!😲

bgw

On 2/12/2021 at 11:56 AM, Sweetlarry said:

If Jimmy Stayed at Dallas for 20 years say 1989-2009. They would be saying now that Tom Brady has 7 he only needs 2 more to catch Troy Aikman. 

Jerry Jones is just lucky the cowboys make money no matter how bad of a owner he is.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2021 at 5:30 PM, ngdawg said:

One Colquitt player told me this game may not even happen next year, breaking a long tradition

Colquitt and Valdosta have been playing for over 100 years...  

It would be disheartening but unsurprising.... 

Reclassification and population growth has hurt alot of the bigger South GA schools.... 

And Valdosta-Colquitt not happening again would hurt but not be surprising.... 

Reclassification has already hurt the Tift-Coffee rivalry... 

Camden-Glynn Academy/Brunswick. 

Tbh it wouldn't surprise me if we started seeing the Warner Robins schools start moving up classes again though...  that area is BOOOMING Coffee will probably be thrown into 6A next cycle... And Richmond Hills,Brunswick and Glynn Academy.... Bottom dollar they get put in 7A.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Colquitt and Valdosta have been playing for over 100 years...  

It would be disheartening but unsurprising.... 

Reclassification and population growth has hurt alot of the bigger South GA schools.... 

And Valdosta-Colquitt not happening again would hurt but not be surprising.... 

Reclassification has already hurt the Tift-Coffee rivalry... 

Camden-Glynn Academy/Brunswick. 

Tbh it wouldn't surprise me if we started seeing the Warner Robins schools start moving up classes again though...  that area is BOOOMING Coffee will probably be thrown into 6A next cycle... And Richmond Hills,Brunswick and Glynn Academy.... Bottom dollar they get put in 7A.   

Whiny adult douchebags with personal axes to grand ruining things?!? Stop!

Waiting for the prodigal son to return and they’d be coming outta pocket and lapping him up again.