Rush Tapes

Ga96

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

A few points...and I'm only speaking about Colquitt....

1.  Rush had a very tight window at Colquitt for recruiting.  There was a short period of time between when Leonard McCoy left the Superintendent position (he hired Rush) to when Tick took over as the Colquitt AD.   During this time...it is possible that Rush contacted players and "suggested" they come to Colquitt to play.  There's no way he did it when Leonard was our Super and there's absolutely no fucking way he did it when Tick was our AD.  I'll even go as far to say...if Colquitt had transfers when Tick was our AD...then every single box was checked off TWICE.  I cannot say that for the time between Leonard's leaving and Tick's hiring.  I simply do not know.

2.  Colquitt has had a very strong Touchdown Club for many, many years.  But there is no way any of the PTC President's paid for Rush's expenses out of PTC funds.  Now did Packer boosters pay for certain expenses?  I have been told that YES...they have.  I personally have not.  But...Rush has a house in Moultrie...and he has electricity at that house.  I'm sure Rush made some of the payments required to keep that house and the utilities on.

3.  In my opine, Rush is an embellisher.  There might be a basis of fact in a lot of his comments...but I for one, do not take all he says as 100% Gospel.  I'm sure there are many others who share my sentiment.  And I'll tell you...it's easier to believe that Rush asked Colquitt Boosters to pay for things than it is to believe he had $10k-$15k of funny money in his desk for "emergencies".  I simply DO NOT believe that.

4.  I supported Rush up and until he was terminated at Colquitt.  I have no ill feelings towards him.  Actually, I hope he survives this mess in Valdosta...albeit, I don't think he will.  Rush did what we paid him to do.  He rebuilt our program.  Anybody that tells you differently...is lying.  From strictly a business point...we got our money's worth.

5.  I realize you don't want to hear it cause it doesn't support your narrative...but Rush DID do a lot of good for the kids in our Packer program.  At lot of Packers were given a chance to succeed and further their education due to him and his staff.  A LOT of kids.  That's simply the truth.  But then...

We never secretly taped him....

Rufus>>

I respect your opinion and believe you believe what you’re saying. Whether or not it’s all as you say is different. 

Without going to deep into it I’ll say this.......I am 50 years old and has seen a lot more than most. Dealt with a lot of people light years beyond my pay grade. I am pretty good myownself at reading folks and knowing who is good. Who is bad. Who is full of shit. Who embellishes. Who is who. That’s why I respect you. I don’t think you lie, for the sake of lying. 

There’s no doubt in my mind some of what rush said is 100% false. He is the epitome of somebody who would make mountain out of a molehill in any situation. Make his role in any situation bigger than it is. No. Fucking. Doubt. He is also somebody who is pretty good at reading folks and quickly assessing what he needs to do to get what he wants from them. A master at it. 

There’s no doubt in my mind what some of rush said is 100% true. I know he’s right about teams paying players because I know people who’ve made payments to kids. Hell,  I know kids (men now) that received payments. I don’t care. I don’t care that rush talked about it. Don’t care that saban, kirby, O or anybody pays anybody (indirectly of course). Don’t care that rush recruited in HS. He did. He did at hoover, cc and valdosta. He is who he is. He isn’t changing for you, me, his wife and kids, his employers, nobody. Again, I don’t care that he did. What’s annoying is people denying (while throwing stones) that he didn’t. People who enabled him (and now act shocked). People who want to think the leopard changes his spots when he was their guy. It happened because he does not possess the ability to not cheat or color inside the lines. 

As far as him helping kids, it’s nice. Noble. Whatever adjective you wanna add. But it doesn’t justify his actions nor change anything that’s happened. Honestly, and this is just me, when people say that about him it is purely to defend him and justify the actions. Which are unjustifiable. A lot of shitty human beings have done a lot more than rush for people, but it doesn’t erase their wrongs, just as pointing out what rush did doesn’t erase his. 

He is who he is and that’s who most thought he was. Even some (not all) of his staunchest supporters have waved the white flag and admitted they were wrong after this latest debacle.

Lastly, I don’t wish him any ill either. I think it’s sad that he’s so narcissistic and that narcissism has cost him a ton of money, jobs and a lot of people who would love to see him use his abilities to their peak. 

He only has himself to blame, with a slight nod in the direction of countless enablers over at least the past few decades. 

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

IKMXExz.gif.f77cf2f719b8b67202674555c84fe3f8.gif

The only kids that we had come here to Colquitt that I ever had any off thoughts about was the ones that got too old for Alabama. I never liked them finding their way to Moultrie. It didn't matter then or now what I think or thought about that though. 

I agree about Dr. McCoy. Our AD during that time now works at the GHSA offices in Thomaston. AD Giddens wasn't likely a rubber stamp in between Dr. McCoy and Tick although I have no real knowledge on that. 

Like rufus, I respect you and believe you believe what you say to be fact. There’s just nothing about rush that would ever make me think of giving him the benefit of the doubt. 

He is just too narcissistic to think he’s doing wrong and that’s why he will never change. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

This isn’t “our narrative “ this is his own words and if it’s only 50% true that’s enough. All the good he did for the kids is bullshit if you teach them it’s ok to cheat, lie and steal to accomplish their goals. The ends DON’T justify the means.

"The ends DON'T justify the means"

What a wonderful fairy tale.

I'm not sure what world you live in or how long you've been living in it...but you need to try to climb into the 21st century.  That little mantra went away YEARS ago.  Hell, I think the movement started in Cali.

Rufus>>

12 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

I respect your opinion and believe you believe what you’re saying. Whether or not it’s all as you say is different. 

Without going to deep into it I’ll say this.......I am 50 years old and has seen a lot more than most. Dealt with a lot of people light years beyond my pay grade. I am pretty good myownself at reading folks and knowing who is good. Who is bad. Who is full of shit. Who embellishes. Who is who. That’s why I respect you. I don’t think you lie, for the sake of lying. 

There’s no doubt in my mind some of what rush said is 100% false. He is the epitome of somebody who would make mountain out of a molehill in any situation. Make his role in any situation bigger than it is. No. Fucking. Doubt. He is also somebody who is pretty good at reading folks and quickly assessing what he needs to do to get what he wants from them. A master at it. 

There’s no doubt in my mind what some of rush said is 100% true. I know he’s right about teams paying players because I know people who’ve made payments to kids. Hell,  I know kids (men now) that received payments. I don’t care. I don’t care that rush talked about it. Don’t care that saban, kirby, O or anybody pays anybody (indirectly of course). Don’t care that rush recruited in HS. He did. He did at hoover, cc and valdosta. He is who he is. He isn’t changing for you, me, his wife and kids, his employers, nobody. Again, I don’t care that he did. What’s annoying is people denying (while throwing stones) that he didn’t. People who enabled him (and now act shocked). People who want to think the leopard changes his spots when he was their guy. It happened because he does not possess the ability to not cheat or color inside the lines. 

As far as him helping kids, it’s nice. Noble. Whatever adjective you wanna add. But it doesn’t justify his actions nor change anything that’s happened. Honestly, and this is just me, when people say that about him it is purely to defend him and justify the actions. Which are unjustifiable. A lot of shitty human beings have done a lot more than rush for people, but it doesn’t erase their wrongs, just as pointing out what rush did doesn’t erase his. 

He is who he is and that’s who most thought he was. Even some (not all) of his staunchest supporters have waved the white flag and admitted they were wrong after this latest debacle.

Lastly, I don’t wish him any ill either. I think it’s sad that he’s so narcissistic and that narcissism has cost him a ton of money, jobs and a lot of people who would love to see him use his abilities to their peak. 

He only has himself to blame, with a slight nod in the direction of countless enablers over at least the past few decades. 

We're not gonna completely agree.  I don't have a problem with Rush...except when he actively tries (and succeeds) to entice Colquitt players to come to Valdosta and play for him.  He can go after anybody else's players for all I care...but when he comes after Colquitt...it's WAR.

I bleed Flat Black and Old Gold.  I always will till the day I transition to the next dimension.  Like I said...we hired and paid Rush to rebuild our program.  We paid him well to do so.  I make no apologies cause he provided the results we wanted.  And then some.  But those results came with negative aspects as well.  And when the negative aspects outweighed the positive...we terminated his employment.  Again, I make no apologies.

In a community like Colquitt County...sports can provide an opportunity for young people to advance their lives.  In our case, it also provided food for their bellies.  Food that many of them simply wouldn't have gotten without football.  Without Rush.  He started the Nutritional Program.  Now I realize he had ulterior motives...but to me it doesn't matter.  The end result is...the kids got to eat.   And anyway you cut it...over 90 kids signed scholarships to continue their education at the next level.  All were not successful...but they damn sure received the chance.

I just don't like telling a person to get the job done...he does so in spades...and then complain about HOW he got the job done.  It goes against my grain.  Rush is not associated with Colquitt anymore.  And as long as he leaves our players alone...he has no worries about me.  Now like I posted earlier...if he comes after Colquitt players....

Rufus>>

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

"The ends DON'T justify the means"

What a wonderful fairy tale.

I'm not sure what world you live in or how long you've been living in it...but you need to try to climb into the 21st century.  That little mantra went away YEARS ago.  Hell, I think the movement started in Cali.

Rufus>>

What does this even mean?

Just stop already....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

I am not a Professor...albeit I play one of the message boards.  

Alas, explanations are extra...and costly.

If you honestly don't know what it means...then...

Rufus>>

I'm pretty educated when I want to be... I play a dumb person here at this forum.

Explain it to me and I will try real real hard to get it........

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

We're not gonna completely agree.  I don't have a problem with Rush...except when he actively tries (and succeeds) to entice Colquitt players to come to Valdosta and play for him.  He can go after anybody else's players for all I care...but when he comes after Colquitt...it's WAR.

I bleed Flat Black and Old Gold.  I always will till the day I transition to the next dimension.  Like I said...we hired and paid Rush to rebuild our program.  We paid him well to do so.  I make no apologies cause he provided the results we wanted.  And then some.  But those results came with negative aspects as well.  And when the negative aspects outweighed the positive...we terminated his employment.  Again, I make no apologies.

In a community like Colquitt County...sports can provide an opportunity for young people to advance their lives.  In our case, it also provided food for their bellies.  Food that many of them simply wouldn't have gotten without football.  Without Rush.  He started the Nutritional Program.  Now I realize he had ulterior motives...but to me it doesn't matter.  The end result is...the kids got to eat.   And anyway you cut it...over 90 kids signed scholarships to continue their education at the next level.  All were not successful...but they damn sure received the chance.

I just don't like telling a person to get the job done...he does so in spades...and then complain about HOW he got the job done.  It goes against my grain.  Rush is not associated with Colquitt anymore.  And as long as he leaves our players alone...he has no worries about me.  Now like I posted earlier...if he comes after Colquitt players....

Rufus>>

Fair points. No need for a back and forth. We ain’t gonna agree on everything. 

My issue is and always has been with the people who championed him (some enablers, some fans) and now that he has accidentally fallen of the sword they lash out at those calling it. I don’t think anybody is surprised inside or outside of cc football who has followed rush in any ways, shape or form. Kind of like the drunk uncle nobody talks about. He is and always has been this dude. He wouldn’t change for anybody and I don’t think he could. He took shortcuts, like we all do. His were just illegal in many cases and unscrupulous in many more. 

He’s not your problem anymore. Unless folks make a big deal about his admissions and the GHSA sacs up and does something about it, cc will be a footnote in the valdosta saga. 

Thanks again for the Macon info. We are staying at the Marriott and will eat from the list you offered. I am going to try reverse psychology to see if I can get the wife and kids to choose where I want, but can’t see it working. 

11 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Fair points. No need for a back and forth. We ain’t gonna agree on everything. 

My issue is and always has been with the people who championed him (some enablers, some fans) and now that he has accidentally fallen of the sword they lash out at those calling it. I don’t think anybody is surprised inside or outside of cc football who has followed rush in any ways, shape or form. Kind of like the drunk uncle nobody talks about. He is and always has been this dude. He wouldn’t change for anybody and I don’t think he could. He took shortcuts, like we all do. His were just illegal in many cases and unscrupulous in many more. 

He’s not your problem anymore. Unless folks make a big deal about his admissions and the GHSA sacs up and does something about it, cc will be a footnote in the valdosta saga. 

Thanks again for the Macon info. We are staying at the Marriott and will eat from the list you offered. I am going to try reverse psychology to see if I can get the wife and kids to choose where I want, but can’t see it working. 

Macon can be a fun place and it can be a dangerous place.  The Marriott area is fine.  A lot of downtown is fine.  The Mercer area is...mostly fine...LOL.   I spent a LOT of time in Macon both on business and pleasure (when Little Alphonze was at Mercer).   I mean it ain't South Berlin or North Morven...but it's not that bad.

Rufus>>

7 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Macon can be a fun place and it can be a dangerous place.  The Marriott area is fine.  A lot of downtown is fine.  The Mercer area is...mostly fine...LOL.   I spent a LOT of time in Macon both on business and pleasure (when Little Alphonze was at Mercer).   I mean it ain't South Berlin or North Morven...but it's not that bad.

Rufus>>

Doesn’t @ORabidOnelive in Macon

27 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Do you have access to bitcoin?

Rufus>>

I need access to yet another of your secretly coded messages that maybe only "Get Smart" can crack. Doesn't matter though.

All fairy tales end lovely. I hope yours does also, oh wait.....evidently it already has.

It's all good.

16 hours ago, RedZone said:

I know you are an Uncle Lou fan, Hawg.....you've posted several of his videos.

I like him too....good stuff!

Can't hate on his take. Clearly Rush was trying to sell Nub on doing some shady shit. Time was of the essence for Rush at Valdosta due to his age and the situation he came into with a beloved coach getting the shaft. It wasn't a lot unlike the thing Rogers came into behind Rush at Colquitt. Last coach still dabbling around in the soup there and all like that. At least Rodemaker wasn't actively communicating to get Valdosta studs to Moultrie though.

I, like a lot of other Moultrie folks felt like Rush was reinventing himself and his reputation while at Colquitt. I truly believe he was for the first several years. Moultrie is just a different game than is Hoover or Valdosta or metro atl. The game here was to build state of the art facilities and start an arms race that way rather than pay players or actively contact and recruit them. The administration here just wasn't ever going to be on board with the crap we're hearing on tapes and seeing go on down there at Valdosta. The "homegrown" attitude you all have seen from some of us runs deep in the community and, would have sent him packing well before he did get sent had he done much of it here. At the end of his time in Moultrie, his narcissistic behavior was showing up more and more and his financial issues are fairly well covered, and the apparent stuff with superiors at work added up to his firing. 

I know folks are going to believe whatever they want, because they mostly have preconceived ideas about the guy due to his past and that's fine. I don't care to defend the guy anymore than I have in the past.

He may have been dirty as hell the entire time at Moultrie, but, I never saw it or heard it. Not many secrets get kept in a town like Moultrie, just sayin. 

Anyway, seems like he's likely spent his wad around these here parts in Region 1. Likely become a pariah to college recruiting circles as well. That doesn't bode super well for attracting major talent and all, so, I guess we'll see how Teflon he is now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He may have been dirty as hell the entire time at Moultrie, but, I never saw it or heard it. Not many secrets get kept in a town like Moultrie, just sayin. 

Tough situation for friends of the program to be in, for sure. But he was fired from Colquitt County.....not many knew anything about that till it exploded.

..this guy kept a 2nd family secret/on the low for how many years? It would still be on the low had he not got busted. How crazy is that?

My own opinion is a simple one.

Anyone that thinks they know rush propst and what this guy is capable of is kidding themselves and the people around them. NO ONE knows this guy!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Tough situation for friends of the program to be in, for sure. But he was fired from Colquitt County.....not many knew anything about that till it exploded.

Some of us knew the politics were getting pretty squirelly the year before shit hit the proverbial fan. Maybe even tried to warn the guy.