Rush Tapes

Ga96

Rush is an EASY target.  

You got the LSU people screaming and yelling..."have you guys heard what Rush did?"

You got the Grayson people smiling and chanting..."go get'um Rush cause there's nothing to see here".

You got the New England Patriots exuding shock by tweeting..."Damn Rush" 

You got Trumpy The Ass Clown saying..."somebody get me Rush's number and I mean the secret one"

You got Cuomo up in New York leaking..."I didn't do anything bad compared to Rush".

Rush is polarizing.  Rush is dedicated.   Rush doesn't see lines.

And no matter what happens in Valdosta...if it's worst case scenario...somebody will hire him to coach their team.  And if you think I'm crazy...just pay attention.  He took Valdosta to the Final Four in his 1st year.  It took him till his 2nd year to take Colquitt to the Final Four.  Valdosta knew Rush when they hired him.  It's about winning.  It always has been.  It always will be.

Rufus>>

48 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

Wheres The Money GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Allegedly 700 dollars of it was in his personal bank account. That Winn Dixie money 💰 but, it was just a simple honest mistake that was quickly corrected upon the discovery of the clerical error. 

It's a good thing that Winn Dixie manager was paying attention for his advertising banner or that clerical error may have never been caught.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Allegedly 700 dollars of it was in his personal bank account. That Winn Dixie money 💰 but, it was just a simple honest mistake that was quickly corrected upon the discovery of the clerical error. 

It's a good thing that Winn Dixie manager was paying attention for his advertising banner or that clerical error may have never been caught.

Winn Dixie manager thinks he should keep his job even after stealing his money. Tight knit community over there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Woodchopper said:

Winn Dixie manager thinks he should keep his job even after stealing his money. Tight knit community over there.

Yeah I was down in the neighborhood talking to a few business owner/managers yesterday. They are all forgive and forget Christians now and days. 

Nub said *cough*That's  BULLSHIT *cough* 

But the First Baptist girls sang... Doo do doo do doo doo..  

xD

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Rush is an EASY target.  

You got the LSU people screaming and yelling..."have you guys heard what Rush did?"

LSU people have nothing to do with rush being a scumbag.......he was a scumbag when he was hired and everyone knew it.

All men paddle their own boats.....rush is paddling his right now. He's in the boat by himself.

I understand you have to ease the pain though.

• Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah I was down in the neighborhood talking to a few business owner/managers yesterday. They are all forgive and forget Christians now and days. 

Nub said *cough*That's  BULLSHIT *cough* 

But the First Baptist girls sang... Doo do doo do doo doo..  

xD

Looks like they told Rush this morning to take some time off for some R/R. We will see what the next step is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I know for a fact that at least one SEC school offered a BNU star recruit a duffle bag full of hundred dollar bills during his recruiting visit. This has been happening for decades. Comes with the territory. Time to move on. 

It's all good as long as you don't get caught, right? Lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rush is an EASY target.  

You got the Grayson people smiling and chanting..."go get'um Rush cause there's nothing to see here".

You got the New England Patriots exuding shock by tweeting..."Damn Rush" 

You got Trumpy The Ass Clown saying..."somebody get me Rush's number and I mean the secret one"

You got Cuomo up in New York leaking..."I didn't do anything bad compared to Rush".

Rush is polarizing.  Rush is dedicated.   Rush doesn't see lines.

And no matter what happens in Valdosta...if it's worst case scenario...somebody will hire him to coach their team.  And if you think I'm crazy...just pay attention.  He took Valdosta to the Final Four in his 1st year.  It took him till his 2nd year to take Colquitt to the Final Four.  Valdosta knew Rush when they hired him.  It's about winning.  It always has been.  It always will be.

Rufus>>

You know what’s funny, at least from my perspective, I have never given two shits about all of his illegal bullshit. Not at hooville. Not at cc. Not at valdosta. My issue has always been the hypocrites with the “we do it the right way’ and yadi yada. 

Everybody knows it’s bullshit. Own it. He admitted it. Now some former supporters wanna say he’s a liar (while others insist he was an angel at their schools) amd there’s no doubt he is, but there’s a lot of truth in his conversation as well. 

A couple of numerical cc’ers are on the vent fighting off those who dare utter a bad word. “I’ve seen him do so much good for the kids with my own eyes!” And? Has shit to do with his cheating.. but they love to justify. 

I hope the whole fucking thing blows up! 

9 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

You know what’s funny, at least from my perspective, I have never given two shits about all of his illegal bullshit. Not at hooville. Not at cc. Not at valdosta. My issue has always been the hypocrites with the “we do it the right way’ and yadi yada. 

Everybody knows it’s bullshit. Own it. He admitted it. Now some former supporters wanna say he’s a liar (while others insist he was an angel at their schools) amd there’s no doubt he is, but there’s a lot of truth in his conversation as well. 

A couple of numerical cc’ers are on the vent fighting off those who dare utter a bad word. “I’ve seen him do so much good for the kids with my own eyes!” And? Has shit to do with his cheating.. but they love to justify. 

I hope the whole fucking thing blows up! 

A few points...and I'm only speaking about Colquitt....

1.  Rush had a very tight window at Colquitt for recruiting.  There was a short period of time between when Leonard McCoy left the Superintendent position (he hired Rush) to when Tick took over as the Colquitt AD.   During this time...it is possible that Rush contacted players and "suggested" they come to Colquitt to play.  There's no way he did it when Leonard was our Super and there's absolutely no fucking way he did it when Tick was our AD.  I'll even go as far to say...if Colquitt had transfers when Tick was our AD...then every single box was checked off TWICE.  I cannot say that for the time between Leonard's leaving and Tick's hiring.  I simply do not know.

2.  Colquitt has had a very strong Touchdown Club for many, many years.  But there is no way any of the PTC President's paid for Rush's expenses out of PTC funds.  Now did Packer boosters pay for certain expenses?  I have been told that YES...they have.  I personally have not.  But...Rush has a house in Moultrie...and he has electricity at that house.  I'm sure Rush made some of the payments required to keep that house and the utilities on.

3.  In my opine, Rush is an embellisher.  There might be a basis of fact in a lot of his comments...but I for one, do not take all he says as 100% Gospel.  I'm sure there are many others who share my sentiment.  And I'll tell you...it's easier to believe that Rush asked Colquitt Boosters to pay for things than it is to believe he had $10k-$15k of funny money in his desk for "emergencies".  I simply DO NOT believe that.

4.  I supported Rush up and until he was terminated at Colquitt.  I have no ill feelings towards him.  Actually, I hope he survives this mess in Valdosta...albeit, I don't think he will.  Rush did what we paid him to do.  He rebuilt our program.  Anybody that tells you differently...is lying.  From strictly a business point...we got our money's worth.

5.  I realize you don't want to hear it cause it doesn't support your narrative...but Rush DID do a lot of good for the kids in our Packer program.  At lot of Packers were given a chance to succeed and further their education due to him and his staff.  A LOT of kids.  That's simply the truth.  But then...

We never secretly taped him....

Rufus>>

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

1.  Rush had a very tight window at Colquitt for recruiting.  There was a short period of time between when Leonard McCoy left the Superintendent position (he hired Rush) to when Tick took over as the Colquitt AD.   During this time...it is possible that Rush contacted players and "suggested" they come to Colquitt to play.  There's no way he did it when Leonard was our Super and there's absolutely no fucking way he did it when Tick was our AD.  I'll even go as far to say...if Colquitt had transfers when Tick was our AD...then every single box was checked off TWICE.  I cannot say that for the time between Leonard's leaving and Tick's hiring.  I simply do not know.

2.  Colquitt has had a very strong Touchdown Club for many, many years.  But there is no way any of the PTC President's paid for Rush's expenses out of PTC funds.  Now did Packer boosters pay for certain expenses?  I have been told that YES...they have.  I personally have not.  But...Rush has a house in Moultrie...and he has electricity at that house.  I'm sure Rush made some of the payments required to keep that house and the utilities on.

3.  In my opine, Rush is an embellisher.  There might be a basis of fact in a lot of his comments...but I for one, do not take all he says as 100% Gospel.  I'm sure there are many others who share my sentiment.  And I'll tell you...it's easier to believe that Rush asked Colquitt Boosters to pay for things than it is to believe he had $10k-$15k of funny money in his desk for "emergencies".  I simply DO NOT believe that.

4.  I supported Rush up and until he was terminated at Colquitt.  I have no ill feelings towards him.  Actually, I hope he survives this mess in Valdosta...albeit, I don't think he will.  Rush did what we paid him to do.  He rebuilt our program.  Anybody that tells you differently...is lying.  From strictly a business point...we got our money's worth.

5.  I realize you don't want to hear it cause it doesn't support your narrative...but Rush DID do a lot of good for the kids in our Packer program.  At lot of Packers were given a chance to succeed and further their education due to him and his staff.  A LOT of kids.  That's simply the truth.  But then...

Rufus>>

IKMXExz.gif.f77cf2f719b8b67202674555c84fe3f8.gif

The only kids that we had come here to Colquitt that I ever had any off thoughts about was the ones that got too old for Alabama. I never liked them finding their way to Moultrie. It didn't matter then or now what I think or thought about that though. 

I agree about Dr. McCoy. Our AD during that time now works at the GHSA offices in Thomaston. AD Giddens wasn't likely a rubber stamp in between Dr. McCoy and Tick although I have no real knowledge on that. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

Yeah, well...that's nice.

BUT, it doesn't change the fact that rush's Wikipedia is getting overloaded.....and much much more to be added very soon.

Controversy[edit]

During his tenure at Hoover, Propst was a frequent target of critics. But in June 2007, the criticism became more vocal and more formal when HHS athletic director Jerry Browning, Propst's immediate superior, resigned over numerous differences between himself and principal Richard Bishop, who was a teammate of Propst on the football team at Jacksonville State University. Browning expressed concerns over reports that grades for certain athletes had been altered to make them eligible for college play, and made those concerns known to Hoover City Schools Superintendent Andy Craig in a meeting in April.[20] Bishop originally announced that there was nothing to be concerned about, but Craig overruled Bishop and announced that a full investigation would be carried out, to be headed by former federal judge Sam C. Pointer, Jr.[21][22]

Propst also faced charges having to do with his personal life, specifically that he engaged in extramarital affairs. The topic was the focus of considerable discussion on the Paul Finebaum syndicated sports talk radio show, where Hunter Ford, a reporter for The Hoover Gazette newspaper, reported the rumors. During those discussions, Ford was fired, live and on the air, by Gazette general manager John Junkin. (Ironically, Ford had previously advocated in a Gazette column that Propst be hired to fill the then-vacant head coach position at the University of Alabama at Birmingham). The Gazette went out of business about five weeks later.

Ford, was then hired by editor Dale Jones of The Western Star in nearby Bessemer, after his firing from The Hoover Gazette. In his column in the edition of July 4, 2007 of The Western Star, Ford reported that a number of sources, none of which would allow their name to be used, said that Propst's alleged affairs also included three children born out of wedlock. The following week, Tribble Publications in Warm Springs, Ga, the parent companty who owns The Western Star, printed an apology for allowing Ford to print these allegations in their paper, though it did not specifically retract the charges. Jones insisted that the apology was unwarranted, saying that Ford's story was solid and that the evidence was irrefutable. Propst continued to deny the allegations.

But on July 28, 2007, The Birmingham News went public with the allegations when it published a letter from attorneys for Bishop to the Hoover Board of Education.[23] The letter was a result of the board voting to not renew Bishop's contract as principal, an act which garnered widespread coverage by local news media. In the letter by Bishop's attorneys, which The News obtained through a public-records request, the attorneys state that Browning told Bishop that Propst "had a separate family and led a completely separate life," and that Bishop was told by Craig not to investigate the matter. The letter further alleges that Propst, "while on a school site visit in Houston, Texas, slept with a young teacher from Hoover High School," and also that Propst had carried on a separate affair with an official at Hoover High. Propst's attorney denied the allegations.[24]

Pointer completed his investigation in late September, and after considerable debate over several sessions (and public pressure from numerous public figures, including Hoover Mayor Tony Petelos), the Hoover Board of Education voted 4-1 to release the report through several sources, including the board's website.[25] Among the findings were that Propst's bank records indicated support for a "second family" in Pell City, Alabama, but the incidents regarding grade-changing were largely caused by an assistant principal (with whom, the report indicated, Propst had an affair) and an administrator.[26]

Propst came under further scrutiny when Hanceville High School complained to the Alabama High School Athletic Association that a former player of theirs, Tristan Purifoy, did not transfer properly to Hoover High and was therefore ineligible. On October 23, 2007, the AHSAA ruled that Purifoy was indeed ineligible, and that the Bucs would have to forfeit all games in which Purifoy played. The investigation resulted in the forfeiture of four games, including a 1-0 loss to crosstown rival Spain Park High School, the first loss to the Jaguars in the history of the teams' rivalry.[27][28] Despite the forfeits, the Bucs finished the regular season with a 4-5 record and qualified for the AHSAA 6A playoffs. However, in Propst's last game as Hoover's head coach, they lost in the third round to another crosstown rival Vestavia Hills 21-17, a game considered by many Alabama sportswriters to be the biggest rivalry in the state. His team finished the season with an on-field record of 10-2 (6-6 including the four forfeit losses).[29]

Resignation from Hoover High School[edit]

At a special meeting of the Hoover Board of Education on October 30, 2007, Propst announced that he would resign, but would continue to coach the team as far as they progress in the 2007 playoffs. In a 30-minute address to the board and a large crowd inside the board chambers, Propst tearfully admitted to a relationship outside his marriage and a child as a result of that relationship, but no other wrongdoing. "I am remorseful for what I have done. I have failed you as a community. I have failed you as a board, and especially I have failed you (Superintendent) Andy (Craig)," Propst said. "I made mistakes. I could have done things differently, but I don't admit wrongdoing inside the walls of Hoover High School."[30][31]

Head-butting player[edit]

In June 2016, the Georgia Professional Standards Commission announced that Propst would be suspended for the entire 2016 season after head-butting one of his players (and bloodying himself) during a December 4, 2015 playoff game.[32] He appealed [33] and was instead given a reprimand.[34]

Dismissal from Colquitt County High School[edit]

On March 14, 2019, Propst was relieved of his duties as the high school's head football coach in a unanimous vote by the Colquitt County Board of Education.[35] His dismissal followed an investigation that determined he had violated the Code of Ethics for Educators for (1) legal compliance, (2) conduct with students, (3) honesty, and (4) public funds and property, including giving pills to students “on more than one occasion” and owing nearly $450,000 in delinquent federal and state taxes.[36] The PSC investigation into Propst (case 19-2-1025) was settled with a 131 day suspension.[37]

6 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Yeah, well...that's nice.

BUT, it doesn't change the fact that rush's Wikipedia is getting overloaded.....and much much more to be added very soon.

Controversy[edit]

During his tenure at Hoover, Propst was a frequent target of critics. But in June 2007, the criticism became more vocal and more formal when HHS athletic director Jerry Browning, Propst's immediate superior, resigned over numerous differences between himself and principal Richard Bishop, who was a teammate of Propst on the football team at Jacksonville State University. Browning expressed concerns over reports that grades for certain athletes had been altered to make them eligible for college play, and made those concerns known to Hoover City Schools Superintendent Andy Craig in a meeting in April.[20] Bishop originally announced that there was nothing to be concerned about, but Craig overruled Bishop and announced that a full investigation would be carried out, to be headed by former federal judge Sam C. Pointer, Jr.[21][22]

Propst also faced charges having to do with his personal life, specifically that he engaged in extramarital affairs. The topic was the focus of considerable discussion on the Paul Finebaum syndicated sports talk radio show, where Hunter Ford, a reporter for The Hoover Gazette newspaper, reported the rumors. During those discussions, Ford was fired, live and on the air, by Gazette general manager John Junkin. (Ironically, Ford had previously advocated in a Gazette column that Propst be hired to fill the then-vacant head coach position at the University of Alabama at Birmingham). The Gazette went out of business about five weeks later.

Ford, was then hired by editor Dale Jones of The Western Star in nearby Bessemer, after his firing from The Hoover Gazette. In his column in the edition of July 4, 2007 of The Western Star, Ford reported that a number of sources, none of which would allow their name to be used, said that Propst's alleged affairs also included three children born out of wedlock. The following week, Tribble Publications in Warm Springs, Ga, the parent companty who owns The Western Star, printed an apology for allowing Ford to print these allegations in their paper, though it did not specifically retract the charges. Jones insisted that the apology was unwarranted, saying that Ford's story was solid and that the evidence was irrefutable. Propst continued to deny the allegations.

But on July 28, 2007, The Birmingham News went public with the allegations when it published a letter from attorneys for Bishop to the Hoover Board of Education.[23] The letter was a result of the board voting to not renew Bishop's contract as principal, an act which garnered widespread coverage by local news media. In the letter by Bishop's attorneys, which The News obtained through a public-records request, the attorneys state that Browning told Bishop that Propst "had a separate family and led a completely separate life," and that Bishop was told by Craig not to investigate the matter. The letter further alleges that Propst, "while on a school site visit in Houston, Texas, slept with a young teacher from Hoover High School," and also that Propst had carried on a separate affair with an official at Hoover High. Propst's attorney denied the allegations.[24]

Pointer completed his investigation in late September, and after considerable debate over several sessions (and public pressure from numerous public figures, including Hoover Mayor Tony Petelos), the Hoover Board of Education voted 4-1 to release the report through several sources, including the board's website.[25] Among the findings were that Propst's bank records indicated support for a "second family" in Pell City, Alabama, but the incidents regarding grade-changing were largely caused by an assistant principal (with whom, the report indicated, Propst had an affair) and an administrator.[26]

Propst came under further scrutiny when Hanceville High School complained to the Alabama High School Athletic Association that a former player of theirs, Tristan Purifoy, did not transfer properly to Hoover High and was therefore ineligible. On October 23, 2007, the AHSAA ruled that Purifoy was indeed ineligible, and that the Bucs would have to forfeit all games in which Purifoy played. The investigation resulted in the forfeiture of four games, including a 1-0 loss to crosstown rival Spain Park High School, the first loss to the Jaguars in the history of the teams' rivalry.[27][28] Despite the forfeits, the Bucs finished the regular season with a 4-5 record and qualified for the AHSAA 6A playoffs. However, in Propst's last game as Hoover's head coach, they lost in the third round to another crosstown rival Vestavia Hills 21-17, a game considered by many Alabama sportswriters to be the biggest rivalry in the state. His team finished the season with an on-field record of 10-2 (6-6 including the four forfeit losses).[29]

Resignation from Hoover High School[edit]

At a special meeting of the Hoover Board of Education on October 30, 2007, Propst announced that he would resign, but would continue to coach the team as far as they progress in the 2007 playoffs. In a 30-minute address to the board and a large crowd inside the board chambers, Propst tearfully admitted to a relationship outside his marriage and a child as a result of that relationship, but no other wrongdoing. "I am remorseful for what I have done. I have failed you as a community. I have failed you as a board, and especially I have failed you (Superintendent) Andy (Craig)," Propst said. "I made mistakes. I could have done things differently, but I don't admit wrongdoing inside the walls of Hoover High School."[30][31]

Head-butting player[edit]

In June 2016, the Georgia Professional Standards Commission announced that Propst would be suspended for the entire 2016 season after head-butting one of his players (and bloodying himself) during a December 4, 2015 playoff game.[32] He appealed [33] and was instead given a reprimand.[34]

Dismissal from Colquitt County High School[edit]

On March 14, 2019, Propst was relieved of his duties as the high school's head football coach in a unanimous vote by the Colquitt County Board of Education.[35] His dismissal followed an investigation that determined he had violated the Code of Ethics for Educators for (1) legal compliance, (2) conduct with students, (3) honesty, and (4) public funds and property, including giving pills to students “on more than one occasion” and owing nearly $450,000 in delinquent federal and state taxes.[36] The PSC investigation into Propst (case 19-2-1025) was settled with a 131 day suspension.[37]

Go fuck your self , real men are talking right now

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

This isn’t “our narrative “ this is his own words and if it’s only 50% true that’s enough. All the good he did for the kids is bullshit if you teach them it’s ok to cheat, lie and steal to accomplish their goals. The ends DON’T justify the means.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

This isn’t “our narrative “ this is his own words and if it’s only 50% true that’s enough. All the good he did for the kids is bullshit if you teach them it’s ok to cheat, lie and steal to accomplish their goals. The ends DON’T justify the means.

I just don't get it.

I haven't really tried to get it though because rush has been bad news for more than a decade.

If that hurts some people's feeling's.....I can't help that.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

IKMXExz.gif.f77cf2f719b8b67202674555c84fe3f8.gif

The only kids that we had come here to Colquitt that I ever had any off thoughts about was the ones that got too old for Alabama. I never liked them finding their way to Moultrie. It didn't matter then or now what I think or thought about that though. 

I agree about Dr. McCoy. Our AD during that time now works at the GHSA offices in Thomaston. AD Giddens wasn't likely a rubber stamp in between Dr. McCoy and Tick although I have no real knowledge on that. 

I know you are an Uncle Lou fan, Hawg.....you've posted several of his videos.

I like him too....good stuff!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1