Mater Dei 24 Servite 17 Refs 0 F

HurricaneNick

31 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Fifita is actually garbage. Dude is not good, not accurate, and has miserable pocket presence. Couldn’t out duel a 15 year old that had 8 quarters of varsity football under his belt. 

Totally Disagree with this.... MD’s Defense is So Much Better Then Servites, No QB has any chance against them, SJB will be lucky to score 17 like Servite did....

Servite’s Defense played Terrific Tonight, but they are by no means as talented as MD.... The Servile QB is not at all Trash Because he lost to MD by 7.... Plus the kid almost beat SJB last year....

I mean come on, didn’t you think MD was going to Blow their Doors off?.... You just sound Bitter... 🤣🍻

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

I now think the Servants of Mary can keep the game with in 4 scores....

2 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

It was a good game...I had the line at MD -10.5...the Servants (and refs) covered.

What kind of math they teaching over there on Bristol and Edinger?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Totally Disagree with this.... MD’s Defense is So Much Better Then Servites, No QB has any chance against them, SJB will be lucky to score 17 like Servite did....

Servite’s Defense played Terrific Tonight, but they are by no means as talented as MD.... The Servile QB is not at all Trash Because he lost to MD by 7.... Plus the kid almost beat SJB last year....

I mean come on, didn’t you think MD was going to Blow their Doors off?.... You just sound Bitter... 🤣🍻

I am bitter!!!! My redzone fund donations are way too high for us to be playing Servite within a TD! Kid is very good, just was not impressed with how he played those last few possessions. Kid can definitely throw it with some juice on it though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

What kind of math they teaching over there on Bristol and Edinger?

They have lost the last 8 games by an average of 27 points (4 scores)...after the first half I said:

I now think the Servants of Mary can keep the game with in 4 scores....

And they did...

I don’t think they teach reading comprehension in Bellflower 

On 3/30/2021 at 10:57 PM, Eddyr2 said:

Yeah I don’t think will be able to get to 300 after Rollo pulls the starters in the 3rd...won’t if t-Bone will pull his kids after they get running clocked again...

29 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

I had the line at MD -10.5

🤔

7 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

You should take this win with some "poise" and stop trying to retcon your wildly inaccurate predictions. Not a great look.

Yeah...I have always admitted that I have a HUGE bias when it comes to Servite...again I was not make a bet I was ish talking...I really don’t like  Servite and take not pleasure in them ever winning...I hope they lose every game by 35...that being said...I thought MD was going to win by 17 but wouldn’t have giving up more then 11 in a bet...Servite played over their skies (with the help of the back judge)...go for them. I also hope they lose to SM again...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Yeah...I have always admitted that I have a HUGE bias when it comes to Servite...again I was not make a bet I was ish talking...I really don’t like  Servite and take not pleasure in them ever winning...I hope they lose every game by 35...that being said...I thought MD was going to win by 17 but wouldn’t have giving up more then 11 in a bet...Servite played over their skies (with the help of the back judge)...go for them. I also hope they lose to SM again...

Perfectly said. Hard to understand the animosity without being a part of it. Rollo embedded those feelings in every single player that came through the program.  Hope those guys lose every game. 

We gave Servite 205 free yards in penalties. After watching it on prepzone I’d say 75% of those penalties were actual penalties. Got to clean it up for sure, but there was no reason for that much laundry to be thrown on the field tonight. Tough to beat a really good team and the refs with a freshman QB but of course we got the job done Lol. Should’ve thrown the ball much more than we did, especially on first down. Hindsight is always 20/20. Our defense is the best it’s been in a while. I really don’t think anyone else holds Servite to 17 points while giving them 200+ free yards. Bosco is going to be a war. If we find more balance on offense and let the kid throw the ball down the field I love our chances. One thing for sure is that this team is going to be scary good in the fall. TL will have a three headed monster. 3-0 in the TL vs USA event is a lock. 

It’s been a while since I have been nervous in the 4th quarter while watching MD play Servite. The game was ugly to watch but both teams played with great intensity which is what a rivalry is all about. This is definitely the best Servite team in a while and they gave MD all they could handle. Unlike the Bosco game, Servite played 4 quarters of football last night.

MD will need to clean things up in the secondary. It got to the ridiculous point where Fifita was just throwing the ball up for grabs trying to get the PI call. Domani Jackson must get better in coverage as he was actually a liability last night.

As for the MD offense, teams are forcing the Freshman QB to beat them by playing 7 in the box on most plays. On many of the runs the linebackers end up in the backfield since MD runs from the shotgun and they are slow developing plays. Occasionally they will bust through the front 7 like Yetts did for the long run. I guess this is to be expected and hopefully the playbook will open up more. 

The MD defense was outstanding despite the penalties. David Bailey is an absolute stud. It looks like Tyler Narayan had a bad injury which is a tough break as he is their best defensive lineman.

• Like 3

Servite is getting better but honestly I believe there will always be a ceiling with these strict military type discipline high school coaches. Jim Kanua former Air Force coach from OLU, Jim Hartigan/Pat Harlow from JSerra, Troy Thomas Servite because kids are kids. They like loud music, like to play, joke around but when its game times they show up. SJB is a perfect example of this and MD got so much better after they let in transfers

34 minutes ago, jserralions said:

Servite is getting better but honestly I believe there will always be a ceiling with these strict military type discipline high school coaches. Jim Kanua former Air Force coach from OLU, Jim Hartigan/Pat Harlow from JSerra, Troy Thomas Servite because kids are kids. They like loud music, like to play, joke around but when its game times they show up. SJB is a perfect example of this and MD got so much better after they let in transfers

Never thought I would see the day block became a Trinity league expert. I like this side of you. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3