"The Game" this week, MD vs. SJB for National Champs

jserralions

15 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Your "freshman" QB is the same age as most of SJBs juniors. No reason to celebrate that much if favored MD wins. 

He’s 15. Nice try. SJB is the king of having kids repeat 8th grade before they enroll so there’s another miss. As @jserralions says, come correct when you speak, son. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Your "freshman" QB is the same age as most of SJBs juniors. No reason to celebrate that much if favored MD wins. 

I wouldn’t say MD is favored. More people say Bosco is favored, as they should be. I’m a MD homer but I too would not argue with Bosco being favored. MD played their best game this weekend against SM so hopefully they continue that trajectory. 
Even though Bosco is ranked above MD I expect a close game. I know it’s a cliche but the game could be decided by special teams and whoever gets flagged the least.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I wouldn’t say MD is favored. More people say Bosco is favored, as they should be. I’m a MD homer but I too would not argue with Bosco being favored. MD played their best game this weekend against SM so hopefully they continue that trajectory. 
Even though Bosco is ranked above MD I expect a close game. I know it’s a cliche but the game could be decided by special teams and whoever gets flagged the least.

The Excuse Thread will be open 10 min before kick off.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Where is bosco ranked ahead of MD? maxpreps/la times have MD ahead. Bosco is the favorite but our defense will win us this game. They rotate quarterbacks every series and our D will make it hard for either QB to get comfortable. Bailey and Sidney are back, narayan is out. We need to take shots down the field early in the game. Our wideouts against their secondary is the biggest mismatch in this game.  Have to put some faith in the freshman this week, nothing to lose. Have to protect the QB and limit the home run play. And feed Raleek brown. If we do that we win. The game will be similar to the cifsscg in ‘18. 27-21 MD. Both defenses are too good for it to become a blowout unless there are significant turnovers from one team. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Where is bosco ranked ahead of MD? maxpreps/la times have MD ahead. 

CalHi sports has Bosco #1. It’s irrelevant anyway because it will be settled on the field. I expect Bosco to force the freshman QB to beat them by committing the front 7 to stop the run. Dave Money needs to come up with something special. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

CalHi sports has Bosco #1. It’s irrelevant anyway because it will be settled on the field. I expect Bosco to force the freshman QB to beat them by committing the front 7 to stop the run. Dave Money needs to come up with something special. 

That plays into our advantage IMO. Our quick game is very good and I do believe our receivers have the clear advantage over their secondary. Elijah has to make the plays but he looked a bunch more confident against SM. The Servite environment did wonders for Elijah and the entire OL. It looked like a different offense on the field against the eagles. SM’s defensive front is no joke either. 3 dudes with P5 offers and Elijah nearly tossed for 300 yards. 
https://247sports.com/Player/Hero-Kanu-46114765/
https://247sports.com/Player/Derek-Wilkins-46058683/ https://247sports.com/Player/Maurice-Heims-46083192/

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Where is bosco ranked ahead of MD? maxpreps/la times have MD ahead. Bosco is the favorite but our defense will win us this game. They rotate quarterbacks every series and our D will make it hard for either QB to get comfortable. Bailey and Sidney are back, narayan is out. We need to take shots down the field early in the game. Our wideouts against their secondary is the biggest mismatch in this game.  Have to put some faith in the freshman this week, nothing to lose. Have to protect the QB and limit the home run play. And feed Raleek brown. If we do that we win. The game will be similar to the cifsscg in ‘18. 27-21 MD. Both defenses are too good for it to become a blowout unless there are significant turnovers from one team. 

Tell us how good Domani Jackson is, Nick. 😝