Servite looking for Week 3 opponent - Will travel to Nor cal among other areas

Sammyswordsman

5 hours ago, FriarJoe said:

They signed to play Sierra Canyon already.

Sierra Canyon really stepping up their scheduling.   You gotta give them credit.  If you got the players, let em have a shot at the top teams.  Too bad more coaches don’t think that way,

• Like 3

5 hours ago, FriarJoe said:

Now Servite just needs a game for the weekend of 9/10. They signed to play Sierra Canyon already. The school says they will travel if need be.

PGL is still trying to resuscitate the TL vs The USA event alive that weekend. If Servite drops out, we’ll just concentrate on finding opponents for MD and SM as SJBs opponent is already confirmed. 

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Yes, it appears they pulled out and are trying to secure a separate oppty on their own. 

I call BS unless you can tell me that you had a game lined up for Servite.  You said the event was on pause until 2022.  That is why they pulled out.  You weren’t able to get them a game 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2021 at 1:53 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

Servite Football is still looking for a week 3 (9/10) opponent. We will play anywhere. Arizona / Nevada. SD, NorCal. DM or myself, if you have an opening! #ServiteFootball #BuiltForBattle

GEORGIA?

On 5/14/2021 at 6:07 PM, THEOC89 said:

Pretty soon this thread will have to be renamed “Who Does @HurricaneNick Hate More, Servite, St.Paul or @Sammyswordsman”....🤣🤣

We just need some Amat, Pius X and Loyola Dudes to jump in and post more Articles of MD getting their Asses Kicked on the 70’s and 80’s and really get the MD Dudes Fired up!!!!...🤣🤣🤣

I do agree with @HurricaneNick on Rollo vs MA as the Better Coach in so cal history.... Rollo is a step above the group of Harry Welch, Spongebob and MA... Maybe even throw Bill Riddell and the Loyola Dude in there as well.... Rollo is just better then those dudes

Someone say Loyola? Let’s not forget, the Angelus League disbanded following the 1991 season, which Loyola won the League Crown, after winning the CIF Division 1 Championship in 1990. 

In their first league season returning to the Angelus, Loyola crushed their opponents this past spring (including a 31-0 blowout at St. Paul). 

As for head coaches, “the Loyola Dude” is Steve Grady. He is the only man in California history to ever earn State Player of the Year and State Coach of the Year.

Steve Grady retired in 2004 after 29 years as the head coach of Loyola High. At the time, he had the most wins of any Catholic League Head Football Coach (and 7th on the all-time California Victory List) with an all time record of 269-77-6. 

The record books should probably be altered to attribute the 2005 CIF Division 1 Championship and those 10 additional victories, because we played for Coach Grady’s legacy and the dominance he instilled in us, not the guy who the commissioner handed the plaque.

Under coach Grady, Loyola was rarely the most talented team on the gridiron, but Loyola always competed with superb discipline and unflinching toughness. 

And, no one was better at calling a trick play at the right time than the legend, Steve Grady.

ADD696F3-7F6C-4CCA-8910-32EFD9E8F742.jpeg.d4c48f3935280eafa9983818a465fb81.jpeg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

O I will, @Cossacks I’m pouring a cement patio tonight at da Crib, might have to pick up a few beers for first time in few years , 

Do you and Cossacks have some kind of secret cement bond working on the low? 

Otherwise who gives a shit? My money is on you being right here like every Friday and Saturday night.

• Haha 4