If there were NO Mater Dei and SJB in California who would be Preseason #1 this year and why?

RedZone

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

That's interesting.......how do you really feel about that?

DLS is 0-5 vs Mater Dei and SJB.

Have you just accepted it and the fact that's the way it's probably going to be forever?

Your numbers are wrong. 

And I can't take these questions seriously. 

15 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Your numbers are wrong. 

Well, perhaps I should have said since 2004 per MaxPreps. DLS is actually 0-16 vs these teams since 2004.

East (East, UT) 0-1
  1. 9/16/2016 23-21 (L)
Trinity (Trinity, TX) 0-1
  1. 8/29/2015 26-21 (L)
Lakeland (Lakeland, FL) 0-1
  1. 9/25/2009 31-30 (L)
Canyon (Canyon, CA) 0-1
  1. 12/16/2006 27-13 (L)
Bellevue (Bellevue, WA) 0-1
  1. 9/4/2004 39-20 (L)
St. Thomas Aquinas (St. Thomas Aquinas, FL) 0-2
  1. 8/23/2019 24-14 (L)[+]
Mater Dei (Mater Dei, CA) 0-2
  1. 12/8/2018 35-21 (L)[+]
Don Bosco Prep (Don Bosco Prep, NJ) 0-2
  1. 9/12/2009 30-6 (L)[+]
Clovis West (Clovis West, CA) 0-2
  1. 9/10/2005 7-0 (L)[+]
St. John Bosco (St. John Bosco, CA) 0-3
  1. 12/14/2019 49-28 (L)[+]

And I can't take these questions seriously. 

And..... because you don't want to take a question seriously doesn't mean it's not a serious question.

Lastly, why exactly is DLS the "conservative" choice?

...bolded

3 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Probably put Serra in there this year.

Serra San Mateo, maybe.  The other two Serra’s no way.  

Servite maybe #1 this year in SC if MD and SJB weren’t in existence.

Hard to put either Cen10 or Mission Viejo in there given they both lost a game in Spring ball to normally lesser opponents.  But, we’ll see what fall brings.

If Serra San Mateo is the real deal, then they’ll take DLS.  Otherwise, DLS has to be number 1.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I'm just really not hearing much at all here....."conservative choice DLS, maybe Serra".

Hmmmm, you asked a question, and were given the obvious answer.  Why the charade?  You should have just led with your amazingly insightful suggestion; an 80’s one hit wonder music group would be CA’s preseason #1 HS football team.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Would DLS win a MNC?

I don’t know that they’ve got enough to beat MD or SJB that do exist.  

It comes down to this, DLS hasn’t silpped as far as MD and SJB have advanced.  Maybe DLS has a handful of 3+ star rated players this year?  Mater Dei and SJB are both in the double digits for star rated players.  Good to great coaching, discipline, sound fundamentals, winning pedigree, and putty of intention, can only overcome so much.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Hmmmm, you asked a question, and were given the obvious answer.

If I had been given the obvious answer this thread would not be 3 pages long. 

What's obvious is there really isn't much to choose from evidently.

I think I'll have to accept that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

Serra San Mateo, maybe.  The other two Serra’s no way.  

Servite maybe #1 this year in SC if MD and SJB weren’t in existence.

Hard to put either Cen10 or Mission Viejo in there given they both lost a game in Spring ball to normally lesser opponents.  But, we’ll see what fall brings.

If Serra San Mateo is the real deal, then they’ll take DLS.  Otherwise, DLS has to be number 1.  

Yes San Mateo Serra, figured it was kinda implied with what Serra returns. Unfortunately their schedule is really lackluster minus the Pitt game. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ararar said:

Whoever it is be it DLS,Servite or Sierra Canyon would stomp a mud hole in Louisiana best ....A MUD HOLE!

I'm sure CA's best baseball team would mudhole Barbe, La...who is currently #1 in the nation at Perfect Game. I'm sure CA's best basketball teams would mudhole Louisiana too...oh wait, that didn't happen. St John Bosco (SJB) and Sheldon both tried that a few years back and failed/took losses. I actually miss the CA teams showing up at the Sugar Bowl Basketball Classic. They were competitive. Wonder why they stopped coming, don't matter.

More importantly. NO ONE on the football planet is scared of DLS, Servite and Sierra Canyon in football.........NO ONE!

58 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I'm sure CA's best baseball team would mudhole Barbe, La...who is currently #1 in the nation at Perfect Game. I'm sure CA's best basketball teams would mudhole Louisiana too...oh wait, that didn't happen. St John Bosco (SJB) and Sheldon both tried that a few years back and failed/took losses. I actually miss the CA teams showing up at the Sugar Bowl Basketball Classic. They were competitive. Wonder why they stopped coming, don't matter.

More importantly. NO ONE on the football planet is scared of DLS, Servite and Sierra Canyon in football.........NO ONE!

Lmao Louisiana is a joke, I remember a few years back, Louisiana top Wr in state was a 320 pound OLineman 

9 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Yes San Mateo Serra, figured it was kinda implied with what Serra returns. Unfortunately their schedule is really lackluster minus the Pitt game. 

Still hoping that a game with DLS will materialize, This could be Serra’s best team with their massive, athletic OLine and QB They will put up a lot of points!.... Would Luv to see them make a run at the open game....

It will be a Bummer if they don’t play DLS or Folsom, Surprised to see their light non league schedule so far, but I think they still have 2 dates to fill so there may still be a chance they play DLS, I think Folsom has one open date but from what I hear DLS is expecting to play Folsom so that would fill Folsom’s schedule....

If Serra gets DLS on their schedule and beats them and DLS beats Folsom, Serra would be in The Open... Hopefully these schedules work this out....

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Was at that game, Great Game! Sat on the Bosco side, fans were respectful of DLS and their history. We’re also very gracious with the Bosco win, no shit talking that I heard. DLS won the 1st half, Bosco won the second half and the scoreboard at the end. Bosco’s defense was the difference in the second half, I believe their halftime adjustments were better than DLS’s.

• Like 2