If there were NO Mater Dei and SJB in California who would be Preseason #1 this year and why?

RedZone

32 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

DLS was shockingly crap for them . But putting it into perspective, they only had at best 2 weeks to prepare for season , so conditioning and lack of snaps was a huge equalizer against other teams . The coaches approached the games as sort of scrimmages where everyone got in ,  They did just enough to win . The effort was lacksidal . Typically they are not overwhelming early season anyways . When I heard that Servite and other teams had players  playing outside the pandemic shutdowns in some other capacity , I can see where they were more ready for the season than most . To put to much emphasis on this past shortened season might be a mistake . DLS may struggle early next season is my guess , but as usual will be who they usually are down the stretch . The key is that O-line imop .

Agreed. They are always better later in the season but they didn't have a single one of their players go off to college early like many of the tops teams. This was the team that was supposed to compete for the Open? They got lucky their games against SJB and Cathedral Catholic were cancelled. I still think they are number 1 in Norcal next year but I won't be surprised if Serra or Folsom scraps out a win  (assuming they play both). 

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

It's looks like laughing to everyone else. BUT, that's ok. You don't really know very much about anything and obviously don't know what laughing looks like..

The Newman (NOLA) vs Berkeley Prep (TAMPA) game is not a shining beacon for Louisiana or Florida and no one here said that it was.

The reason the game is "national" though being you injected more "silly" is because it will be on ESPN and there will be over 100 college scouts in attendance and maybe even a handful of NFL scouts, if not more.

The game will feature 10-12 prospects who will possibly commit to SEC schools if they choose that route...which includes the #1 rated QB in the 2023 class, Arch Manning from Newman.

It will be the best small school game on ESPN this year and possibly the most watched game on EPSN this year.

Laughing, right?

bandicam 2021-05-21 11-42-34-430.jpg

That a lot of typing to say absolutely nothing 😂but hey that’s expected from you 😂

ESPN rarely shows relevant games of the elite teams but they do pander to their  recruits ratings thus we get horrible matchups with irrelevant teams

10 minutes ago, Ararar said:

ESPN rarely shows relevant games of the elite teams but they do pander to their  recruits ratings thus we get horrible matchups with irrelevant teams

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I remember watching DLS vs Antioch a few years back....doesn't get more irrelevant than that.

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

Agreed. They are always better later in the season but they didn't have a single one of their players go off to college early like many of the tops teams. This was the team that was supposed to compete for the Open? They got lucky their games against SJB and Cathedral Catholic were cancelled. I still think they are number 1 in Norcal next year but I won't be surprised if Serra or Folsom scraps out a win  (assuming they play both). 

Yeah I think Serra’s schedule is done. I think St. Francis is the WCAL team DLS plays this year. I’m not sure if DLS plays Folsom or not. I would say coin flip game maybe even favor Folsom. Same would go for Serra. Ironically this could be the year the Folsom Rule with no Open play in game actually bites Folsom if they don’t have DLS in pre season. Could be their chance at the Open.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RedZone said:

We also agree 99.1% of California is irrelevant....

ESPN could pick any two CA teams not named Mater Dei or SJB and the game would be a dud and irrelevant.

Good lord 😆

now you’re just trying to pick a fight 

it’s not my fault your state is irrelevant and void of elite teams 

good day to you 🤦🏽‍♂️

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Good lord 😆

now you’re just trying to pick a fight 

it’s not my fault your state is irrelevant and void of elite teams 

good day to you 🤦🏽‍♂️

Well, pick 2 CA teams not named Mater Dei and SJB and tell us ALL why we should watch or care?

That's what I thought.

Red Flag is a jealous pussy. He is mad because he has to watch subpar football, like Archbishop Crummel get butt drilled by garbage panhandle Florida teams, so his natural reaction is to lash out at other people and states to fill the void. 

He has been nominated for the Lifetime Achievement Award for being a pussy. I can say there is no better time, and no better person to win the award. 

congrats Red Flag. It’s the 1st thing you ever won in your pathetic life. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

Yeah I think Serra’s schedule is done. I think St. Francis is the WCAL team DLS plays this year. I’m not sure if DLS plays Folsom or not. I would say coin flip game maybe even favor Folsom. Same would go for Serra. Ironically this could be the year the Folsom Rule with no Open play in game actually bites Folsom if they don’t have DLS in pre season. Could be their chance at the Open.

I just saw Serra's rumored schedule.... sigh. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Well, pick 2 CA teams not named Mater Dei and SJB and tell us ALL why we should watch or care?

That's what I thought.

DLS.  Because DLS.

Cen10, the most highly ranked public school in the nation the past 10 years.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MD87 said:

DLS.  Because DLS.

Cen10, the most highly ranked public school in the nation the past 10 years.

..in 2019 Cen10 lost to Mater Dei 42-14 and SJB 52-14.

.2018 Cen10 lost to Mater Dei 48-14 and didn't play SJB.

.2017 Cen10 lost to SJB 62-34 and didn't play Mater Dei

I guess the CA people would be highly interested in that game. The game itself wouldn't mean very much though, couple spots here or there in a Top 100 poll. The gap between California and Mater Dei/SJB is growing and growing every year. There were a couple years Cen10 had some success vs those 2, but those years are gone obviously.

That said I would watch the game if it came on early enough.

4 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

I've seen Serra  3 times where they almost got the spartans early on . What seems to really fast track the spartans pre season in conditioning , is scheduling a top opponent and motivating them for fear of losing . By top opponent I mean out of State , or Folsom in 2018 . Playing Serras or Clayton Valley's just doesn't seem to get them motivated because in the back of their minds they know they are going to win . But that can back fire . They knew they weren't going to play SJB , Servite , etc. this season , and it showed . Didn't we hear on the board  that Dela opens this upcoming season with  St. Francis from Baltimore ?  If that don't motivate them to get ready , I don't know what will

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

PGL is working on MD at DV on 8/27. LFG!! 

Game hinges on MD raising the funds to travel. Time to put your money where youth mouth is @HurricaneNick #ponyup 

Say less! Good shit GSB, we’ll get it done on our end. 

I will also be looking into renting a billboard promoting MD near the venue.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/21/2021 at 3:17 PM, RedZone said:

We also agree 99.1% of California is irrelevant....

ESPN could pick any two CA teams not named Mater Dei or SJB and the game would be a dud and irrelevant.

Bro 120% of Louisiana football is dog shit, how u coming at Ca like that when every team in LilWeezyAna is absolute pathetic 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Bro 120% of Louisiana football is dog shit, how u coming at Ca like that when every team in LilWeezyAna is absolute pathetic 

If the Top 10 teams from CA and LA were to play each other in 2021, CA wins every game. 

MD, SJB, DLS, Servite, Cen10, MV, SC, CDM, CC and Folsom all are victorious IMO. 

• Like 3

Louisiana High School Football is like FIJI Water......

It's NOT contaminated with greed, egos, headlines and free-for-all transfer rules that benefit the rich.

Simply put.... other states have to contaminate their product/football just to look like Louisiana and what we put out on the field.

We hold no ill will towards these states and fully understand.

Simply Earth's Purest Football...

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Louisiana High School Football is like FIJI Water......

It's NOT contaminated with greed, egos, headlines and free-for-all transfer rules that benefit the rich.

Simply put.... other states have to contaminate their product/football just to look like Louisiana and what we put out on the field.

We hold no ill will to these states and fully understand.

Simply Earth's Purest Football...

Right 😂

https://crescentcitysports.com/brother-martin-fined-lhsaa-recruiting-violation/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wdsu.com/amp/article/hahnville-high-school-hit-with-football-recruiting-sanctions/22815566

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If the Top 10 teams from CA and LA were to play each other in 2021, CA wins every game. 

MD, SJB, DLS, Servite, Cen10, MV, SC, CDM, CC and Folsom all are victorious IMO. 

That’s what I’m saying, ok if Ga or Texas was saying that but someone from Louisiana talking shit, now that’s Rich 🤑 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ararar said:

That's right....you follow the rules here or pay the price. Those 2 mild cases are nothing like what's going on in Southern California and other places.

California had rules at one time..

California is now cheap water...