If there were NO Mater Dei and SJB in California who would be Preseason #1 this year and why?

RedZone

Just now, RedZone said:

😂👍

Serra San Mateo might could beat DLS this year though.

PROJECT A MATCHUP
neutral field
[2020] Berkeley Prep (Tampa, FL) 28, [2020] Serra [Junipero] (San Mateo, CA) 27

I don't put much stock in these "project a things", but Berkeley Prep and Serra San Mateo look similar to me on film. 

9 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

4B7546A2-1423-49F5-81C3-D0AE3F566E21.jpeg

6303C05F-3E0E-465B-996A-B173A727CA0C.jpeg

C688303E-5DC2-4D5B-8217-AA7588896DD3.jpeg

Just absolutely embarrassing that they think we’d give up 6 points to a swamp team. Disgusting. 

Obviously NO ONE in California is paying you to be clever. Don't sweat it though, guy. You are what you are and were destined to be..

PROJECT A MATCHUP
neutral field
[2020] Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) 42, [2020] De La Salle (Concord, CA) 7

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Ad hominem! 😂

Louisiana high school teams could maybe compete with the pop warner teams out here. Maybe! 

D0A75319-25D3-47C1-895B-EC7DAB612A43.jpeg

F2BBEE22-6C54-4BE4-8835-904A47D32330.jpeg

6E7DFD77-9B80-4C29-B1F6-1B1E3BCC7333.jpeg

Everyone knows Servite is a "Calpreps Computer Tiger".

neutral field [2019] Servite (Anaheim, CA) 31, [2019] Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas, NV) 28  

Actual score Bishop Gorman 42 Servite 20

You are a silly guy, though....learn how to be silly your senior year of college or high school.

Louisiana never does well with the CA Computer.....that guy rates Louisiana about like Minnesota.

Maybe Servite will live up to the Calpreps hype one year.

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

neutral field [2019] Servite (Anaheim, CA) 31, [2019] Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas, NV) 28  

You are a silly guy, though....learn how to be silly your senior year of college or high school.

Louisiana never does well with the CA Computer.....that guy rates Louisiana about like Minnesota.

The entire state of California has ungodly Calpreps numbers.......😂

They never lose OOS games with Calpreps...well almost never.

Too bad the games have to be played.

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

WTF are you babbling about, ricky.......I don't read 98.9% of your Bullshit.  Why would anyone read it? 

Berkeley Prep right now has 7-8 prospects with D1 offers (you don't even know how to look those up) and only lost 13 seniors from last year. They may be Preseason #1 in 3A this year. 

Berkeley Prep also scheduled Plant this year.......you didn't even know that.

You are such a waste, ricky. 

Berkeley is getting rocked to sleep by garbage ass Wiregrass Rach right now in the spring game. They ain’t gonna win 3A. But 3A being so bad they could change some things and make a run. But they will still beat the hell out of Newman to put the nail in your message board coffin! 

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

Berkeley is getting rocked to sleep by garbage ass Wiregrass Rach right now in the spring game. They ain’t gonna win 3A. But 3A being so bad they could change some things and make a run. But they will still beat the hell out of Newman to put the nail in your message board coffin! 

Sup, ricky?

13 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Well, they have been the closest to beating Thing 1 and Thing 2.

Better than De La Salle

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Well, they have been the closest to beating Thing 1 and Thing 2.

Better than De La Salle

Cal preps historical ratings are “end of year”.

If Caj did his homework he would know that Servite started a lot of Sophs including QB be The Bishop and it was early in the year. 
Cal Preps finishes top 3 every year in the pick em.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

No vote for Long Beach Poly or Mission Viejo?

Mission Viejo didn’t even win their league in the spring. San Clemente won the South Coast. And, Long Beach Poly wasn’t even the most talked about team that traditionally plays their home games at LB Veterans Stadium. That distinction goes to Los Al. 

MaxPreps 2020/21 Spring Rankings

(LA/OC/IE Area)
1. Mater Dei

2. Bosco

3. Servite

4. Sierra Canyon 

5. San Clemente 

6. Loyola

7. Los Alamitos 

8. Mission Viejo

9. Santa Margarita 

10. Orange Lutheran 

11. Long Beach Poly

I would like to see a Loyola-POLY nonleague game in the future. Who knows, maybe even in the fall? 🤞🏽

Maybe Jordan can sponsor the showcase? Loyola is the O.G. Jordan Brand football squad in Cali vs the most recent team to add a Jordan Brand jersey to their ensemble.

Always some historically epic battles between the Loyola Cubs and Long Beach Poly Jackrabbits. 

0DDE1ABA-05D9-4D7D-82D5-40DAF9CAEB0E.jpeg

4D7F8CCD-03AC-4039-8A7C-A610DC457EE7.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

😂👍

Serra San Mateo might could beat DLS this year though.

PROJECT A MATCHUP
neutral field
[2020] Berkeley Prep (Tampa, FL) 28, [2020] Serra [Junipero] (San Mateo, CA) 27

So according to CP Berkeley prep might could beat the 22nd ranked team in California but that’s a huge opponent for Louisiana 😂😂 you just keep making my point for me

10 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Cal preps historical ratings are “end of year”.

If Caj did his homework he would know that Servite started a lot of Sophs including QB be The Bishop and it was early in the year. 
Cal Preps finishes top 3 every year in the pick em.

Servite is 0-6 vs The Bishop.

I guess Servite should be known as the "homework team".

Put that in your "excuse thread". 

Things could change with transfers but as of now Los Al and Cen10 should be the best publics in Cali next season. 
To answer the original question of this post, after the big 2 the next best teams going into next season are Servite and DLS. I would love to see those two play next season.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ararar said:

So according to CP Berkeley prep might could beat the 22nd ranked team in California but that’s a huge opponent for Louisiana 😂😂 you just keep making my point for me

You CA people were the one's pimping that #22 CA team, not me.

And,

The point is you laughed at Berkeley Prep and WE don't know why.

Berkeley Prep lost in the 3A semifinals last year 23-21 to one of Florida's best teams.

It's a good OOS game on the schedule of a very small private school in New Orleans.

Berkeley Prep would be a good game on the DLS schedule as well. 

30 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Things could change with transfers but as of now Los Al and Cen10 should be the best publics in Cali next season. 
To answer the original question of this post, after the big 2 the next best teams going into next season are Servite and DLS. I would love to see those two play next season.

i would like to see DLS play our Preseason #1 team this year...the Acadiana Wreckin' Ram. Acadiana is going for the 3-peat this year in 5A.

Acadiana is a bigger, faster, more athletic version of DLS. They run the veer and have for a 100 years it seems like.

The Wreckin' Ram has some absolute beasts on defense this year. Huge OL and they just plug in fast guys at RB every year.

Anyways, DLS might win, might not. I'd like to see it. I don't think DLS would do anything Acadiana doesn't see in practice every day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

You CA people were the one's pimping that #22 CA team, not me.

And,

The point is you laughed at Berkeley Prep and WE don't know why.

Berkeley Prep lost in the 3A semifinals last year 23-21 to one of Florida's best teams.

It's a good OOS game on the schedule of a very small private school in New Orleans.

Berkeley Prep would be a good game on the DLS schedule as well. 

I’m not laughing at Berkeley Prep I’m laughing at you for bringing up an incredibly insignificant game on a national board and claiming it as a shining beacon for Louisiana 😂

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I know last season was such a funky short season with covid but I have to say that C10 and DLS we're the most disappointing top teams.  That loss to Norco was bad and DLS struggled with some teams they would have stomped in years past. Next season could be a pedestrian DLS team for their standards. 

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

I’m not laughing at Berkeley Prep I’m laughing at you for bringing up an incredibly insignificant game on a national board and claiming it as a shining beacon for Louisiana 😂

It's looks like laughing to everyone else. BUT, that's ok. You don't really know very much about anything and obviously don't know what laughing looks like..

The Newman (NOLA) vs Berkeley Prep (TAMPA) game is not a shining beacon for Louisiana or Florida and no one here said that it was.

The reason the game is "national" though being you injected more "silly" is because it will be on ESPN and there will be over 100 college scouts in attendance and maybe even a handful of NFL scouts, if not more.

The game will feature 10-12 prospects who will possibly commit to SEC schools if they choose that route...which includes the #1 rated QB in the 2023 class, Arch Manning from Newman.

It will be the best small school game on ESPN this year and possibly the most watched game on EPSN this year.

Laughing, right?

bandicam 2021-05-21 11-42-34-430.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

It's looks like laughing to everyone else. BUT, that's ok. You don't really know very much about anything and obviously don't know what laughing looks like..

The Newman (NOLA) vs Berkeley Prep (TAMPA) game is not a shining beacon for Louisiana or Florida and no one here said that it was.

The reason the game is "national" though being you injected more "silly" is because it will be on ESPN and there will be over 100 college scouts in attendance and maybe even a handful of NFL scouts, if not more.

The game will feature 10-12 prospects who will possibly commit to SEC schools if they choose that route...which includes the #1 rated QB in the 2023 class, Arch Manning from Newman.

It will be the best small school game on ESPN this year and possibly the most watched game on EPSN this year.

Laughing, right?

Get a grip, only reason Newman QB is ranked is cause his last name and cause his coach schedules the Bushiest of teams

42 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

I know last season was such a funky short season with covid but I have to say that C10 and DLS we're the most disappointing top teams.  That loss to Norco was bad and DLS struggled with some teams they would have stomped in years past. Next season could be a pedestrian DLS team for their standards. 

DLS was shockingly crap for them . But putting it into perspective, they only had at best 2 weeks to prepare for season , so conditioning and lack of snaps was a huge equalizer against other teams . The coaches approached the games as sort of scrimmages where everyone got in ,  They did just enough to win . The effort was lacksidal . Typically they are not overwhelming early season anyways . When I heard that Servite and other teams had players  playing outside the pandemic shutdowns in some other capacity , I can see where they were more ready for the season than most . To put to much emphasis on this past shortened season might be a mistake . DLS may struggle early next season is my guess , but as usual will be who they usually are down the stretch . The key is that O-line imop .

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Laughing, right?

I'm not going to list them all, but a couple or three Berkeley Prep prospects highlighted.

Xavier Townsend #4 rated APB nationally will be a 4*......yeah, I see see the Mater Dei guy at #1

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=APB

3* CJ Hawkins (TE, Florida Gators commit)

https://247sports.com/player/cj-hawkins-46111840/

4* DE Keon Keeley (will probably commit to Notre Dame)

https://247sports.com/Player/Keon-Keeley-46113382/

Nothing funny about these guys.

14 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I'm not going to list them all, but a couple or three Berkeley Prep prospects highlighted.

Xavier Townsend #4 rated APB nationally will be a 4*......yeah, I see see the Mater Dei guy at #1

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=APB

3* CJ Hawkins (TE, Florida Gators commit)

https://247sports.com/player/cj-hawkins-46111840/

4* DE Keon Keeley (will probably commit to Notre Dame)

https://247sports.com/Player/Keon-Keeley-46113382/

Nothing funny about these guys.

I see Rutgers offered Class of 2024 OL/DL Nikhil Jefferson from Berkeley Prep also....add him to the list. Big boy at 6-2 270 lbs, gonna grow.

https://rutgers.rivals.com/news/rutgers-football-offers-2024-berkeley-prep-fl-ol-dl-nikhil-jefferson

https://rutgers.rivals.com/news/rutgers-football-offers-2024-berkeley-prep-fl-ol-dl-nikhil-jefferson

I think Berkeley Prep is the NEW Florida pipeline to Rutgers......looks like Rutgers has offered 7 or 8 of these kids.

"Since leaving the program, Schiano has convinced five Berkeley Prep alumni to join him at the college level, one to Ohio State and now four to Rutgers.

Schiano said the main reason why he likes to recruit Berkeley Prep so much is cause of the similarities between that program and the one he has ran in the past and the one he runs currently at Rutgers.

“There's a lot of similarities in our programs, I know there is," said Schiano. "Coach Ciao does things the way I do or he does them the way I do, whatever way you want to look at it. I think the players in their program are going to feel very comfortable here because that is what they are accustomed too. They will just be doing it at a higher level now. It's exciting for me because it opens up that area even more. It gives us a great opportunity in that Tampa / St. Pete area."

https://rutgers.rivals.com/news/rutgers-football-forming-strong-pipeline-with-berkeley-prep-in-florida