Cen10 vs IMG

Sammyswordsman

3 hours ago, Ararar said:

Had them last year to and were still fortunate to come out with a win 

You are not going to like my response.  Fact is due to the hurricane that hit S Florida that week -- IMG had zero practice field time for CC -  My bet is that CC will see a motivated much more prepared IMG this year!

6 minutes ago, Texasball said:

You are not going to like my response.  Fact is due to the hurricane that hit S Florida that week -- IMG had zero practice field time for CC -  My bet is that CC will see a motivated much more prepared IMG this year!

This is a complete myth Probably started by GA folk who were so sure Grayson would do better than CC.Scattered showers on Monday and Tuesday in Bradenton that game week.The rain picked up on Wednesday but they still got practice.Thursday they couldn't practice.Hey look it up like I did and don't believe the sour grapes 

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

This is a complete myth Probably started by GA folk who were so sure Grayson would do better than CC.Scattered showers on Monday and Tuesday in Bradenton that game week.The rain picked up on Wednesday but they still got practice.Thursday they couldn't practice.Hey look it up like I did and don't believe the sour grapes 

Lol... you looked up and saw where they practiced?  No you didnt.

And started by me? Are you dumb... this is you arguing to argue again.

They were going to fly out  Wednesday, no practice was scheduled and no practice occured.

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

IMG had been practicing for Cen10 over the summer.  IMG offense was very vanilla in week 1 vs. Grayson.  Had about 75 QB runs and minimal passing

In Week 2 IMG unleashed a sophisticated passing attack, that must have taken months to practice.  The Fla storm myth has been debunked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

IMG had been practicing for Cen10 over the summer.  IMG offense was very vanilla in week 1 vs. Grayson.  Had about 75 QB runs and minimal passing

In Week 2 IMG unleashed a sophisticated passing attack, that must have taken months to practice.  The Fla storm myth has been debunked.

A sophicated passing attack? Cen10 couldnt have guarded IMGs WRs if theyd told them the route they were gonna run.

IMG did what they did vs Grayson because Grayson actually has a defense. They went with the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense until Graysons D wore down through that and a combo of Grayson turnovers and Graysons inept hybrid offense they tried running that game.

Even McEachern shut down Graysons offense the next week, when Grayson managed 13 points, by way of a TD and 2 FGs. 

Grayson, end of year, gives IMG all they want and probably wins. That game was 10-7 end of the 3rd/start of 4th... and Grayson was much better end of year... quite probable they beat IMG. 

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Lol... you looked up and saw where they practiced?  No you didnt.

And started by me? Are you dumb... this is you arguing to argue again.

They were going to fly out  Wednesday, no practice was scheduled and no practice occured.

lol making more things up.They were practicing Wednesday or Thursday when the weather got bad and they had to stop

https://www.google.com/amp/usatodayhss.com/2016/no-3-img-faces-twin-foes-in-weather-no-14-centennial/amp

7 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Stumbled upon this article looking for the IMG QB results of the spring game.... and didn't feel like giving IMG a new thread lol.  So pardon the threadjack.  

Poor kid, but he's a tough cookie... good for him. 

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/meet-kid-just-played-unfair-spring-game-high-school-football-history/

Haha.  At least he will have a great story to tell his kids and grand kids. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ararar said:

Hahaha.  Haters gonna hate homie.  Let them hate all they want. 

26 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

A sophicated passing attack? Cen10 couldnt have guarded IMGs WRs if theyd told them the route they were gonna run.

IMG did what they did vs Grayson because Grayson actually has a defense. They went with the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense until Graysons D wore down through that and a combo of Grayson turnovers and Graysons inept hybrid offense they tried running that game.

Even McEachern shut down Graysons offense the next week, when Grayson managed 13 points, by way of a TD and 2 FGs. 

Grayson, end of year, gives IMG all they want and probably wins. That game was 10-7 end of the 3rd/start of 4th... and Grayson was much better end of year... quite probable they beat IMG. 

LOL!!!!!!!!  So Grayson did better against IMG because they actually play D?  So getting curb stomped = Great D?  Got it. 

14 minutes ago, Ararar said:

lol making more things up.They were practicing Wednesday or Thursday when the weather got bad and they had to stop

https://www.google.com/amp/usatodayhss.com/2016/no-3-img-faces-twin-foes-in-weather-no-14-centennial/amp

That was Wednesday... so they had no practice Wednesday or Thursday.

The word last year was they didnt practice the day before either, Tuesday. I have no idea about Monday... but their game vs Grayson was Saturday... so they mightve had 1 day of Practice at most 2 days after a game vs Grayson

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

That was Wednesday... so they had no practice Wednesday or Thursday.

The word last year was they didnt practice the day before either, Tuesday. I have no idea about Monday... but their game vs Grayson was Saturday... so they mightve had 1 day of Practice at most 2 days after a game vs Grayson

Ok now that we have established they did practice I will concede it wasn't a whole lot and probably not enough to put in a full game plan.Just stop with they had no practice I will concede it was minimal 

7 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

LOL!!!!!!!!  So Grayson did better against IMG because they actually play D?  So getting curb stomped = Great D?  Got it. 

Curb stomped, eh...

The game was 10-7 end of 3rd/start of 4th. IMG didnt pull away til the end... Grayson was in position to take the lead in the 3rd at IMGs 25 yard line when Graysons new center snapped the ball over Graysons QBs head.

Graysons D held IMG to their lowest total yard mark of the season.... and 2nd lowest point output aside from their final game vs BS...Grayson had IMG pinned down literally all game, where they could run nothing but QB draw after QB draw...

The more time that passes, the bigger the exaggeration from the Cali crew. Reality becomes meaningless almost instantly until its completely forgotten. You guys dont even care if what they say is true or not.... which is probably from living with so many other liars around.

Ive not met a single honest person from California. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ararar said:

Ok now that we have established they did practice I will concede it wasn't a whole lot and probably not enough to put in a full game plan.Just stop with they had no practice I will concede it was minimal 

1 day of practice isnt enough to put in any sort of game plan. 

Y'all trippin lol. The season is almost here, so no need to bring up old news. Both teams took the L to IMG. Yes, Cen10 played better offensively against IMG. Grayson played better defensively against IMG. Who wins out of Cen10 and Grayson? Toss up in my opinion. Other than that, let's revisit this whole img/cen10 convo after the game concludes. Comprende? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, old_e said:

The defense wasn't so tough. They allowed their team to lose by 3 scores. A tough defense is regarded as a bend but don't break defense.  Regardless the score going into the 4th qtr. They broke.

CC's offense was as good as advertised.

So if a defense that allows 4 scores is weak, what is a defense that allows 8 or 9 scores?  Pathetic?

15 minutes ago, Fred said:

So if a defense that allows 4 scores is weak, what is a defense that allows 8 or 9 scores?  Pathetic?

I don't think you've been following along. The consensus prior to these games was A -  good defense is played in jawjaw. A good defense will keep their team in the game regardless of the circumstances.

B - Corona Centennial offense is a juggernaut because defense is not played in Cali. Well they put up 49 on a top 5 nationally ranked team.

Please keep up. 

• Like 1

On July 19, 2017 at 6:04 AM, Fred said:

True.  But then CC also allowed almost twice as many points as Grayson did.  Do they even play defense on the west coast or do they just try to be the last one that scores?  :ph34r:

The best defense is a good offense, especially when you don't have a defense. xD

1 hour ago, old_e said:

I don't think you've been following along. The consensus prior to these games was A -  good defense is played in jawjaw. A good defense will keep their team in the game regardless of the circumstances.

B - Corona Centennial offense is a juggernaut because defense is not played in Cali. Well they put up 49 on a top 5 nationally ranked team.

Please keep up. 

Yes, I remember ECHS telling us before the CC game that we would all be surprised by IMG's defense. 

In a way, I was surprised. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, old_e said:

Please keep up. 

Perhaps it is you that hasn't been keeping up.  *I* said the Grayson defense was much better than Corona's and asked if defense was played in California.  Others chose to say Grayson's defense wasn't any good.  Clearly Grayson's defense was/is substantially better than Corona's against the same team one week apart.  Thank you for confirming that California doesn't play defense and the team with the ball/scores last wins.  It is equally obvious than Corona would struggle against Grayson since our defense is significantly better than their's.

Who knows, maybe someday we will have the opportunity to find out.  Enjoy your evening.

14 minutes ago, Fred said:

Perhaps it is you that hasn't been keeping up.  *I* said the Grayson defense was much better than Corona's and asked if defense was played in California.  Others chose to say Grayson's defense wasn't any good.  Clearly Grayson's defense was/is substantially better than Corona's against the same team one week apart.  Thank you for confirming that California doesn't play defense and the team with the ball/scores last wins.  It is equally obvious than Corona would struggle against Grayson since our defense is significantly better than their's.

Who knows, maybe someday we will have the opportunity to find out.  Enjoy your evening.

So your going to take the Cen10 vs. IMG game and extrapolate to the point of asking if "defense is played in Calif"?   I submit that we could send the Calif Top 10 to Ga to play anyone and the ave. Ga. point total would be under 20.