DV vs. Mater Dei Excuse Thread

Sammyswordsman

DV lost 5 coaches over the offseason, including their OC.  I don't know what to expect out of their offense with a new coordinator.  Maybe they'll open it up a bit?  They'll have the athletes, but I doubt the teamwork and execution will be there this early.  This probably would have been a better game in week 11 than week 1.  We'll

24 minutes ago, Champa said:

While we're at it, how many fans did Mater Dei have before 2017?

a.10

b.15

c.25

d.30

MD is the #1 most followed HSFB team on Maxpreps. Its loyal fanbase is national and supportive in every way possible. Mater Dei opened 71 years ago in 1950. Its impressive list a notable alumi may be the best of any other high school out there. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

MD is the #1 most followed HSFB team on Maxpreps. Its loyal fanbase is national and supportive in every way possible. Mater Dei opened 71 years ago in 1950. Its impressive list a notable alumi may be the best of any other high school out there. 

Got it.

They were just really, really quiet until here recently.

• 5 weeks later...

Duncanville is a talented public that can attract some talent from their immediate area. 

Mater Dei is a private who can all star stack from San Diego to Bakersfield!!! These teams are built different. 

There won’t be any instance where Duncanville is expected to win. They should be coming in with the underdog shock the world attitude with nothing to lose 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 2:14 PM, Atticus Finch said:

sammy is an annoying fanboy who doesn't know anything about high school football.

But the Texas fans are making every excuse in the book about why Duncanville lose to Mater Dei.

That's annoying too.

Texas fan here... Duncanville should lose this game. Their defense will be very good, but it won't be enough to stop MD. On the other hand, MD's defense will be much better than DV's offense. I expect MD to win by double digits, easily. If, by a miracle, DV manages to win this, it will be considered a massive failure by MD. Having said that, I'd love to see a DV win!

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 2:10 PM, Champa said:

How many years is it gonna take for people to learn the difference between facts and excuses?

a.10

b.20

c.30

d.fucking never.

a.10

b.15

c.25

d.30

Facts can still also be excuses. It all depends on which end of the kaleidoscope we are looking in from. 

Btw.... I'll go with D for both questions. xD

7 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Yeah this should be a somewhat easy dub for Mater Dei unless Duncanville turns out better then expected. I just don't think they will have enough offensively. Defense could give MD trouble early but they won't hold up under the pressure and snap count.

Agree, DV offensively won’t be ready week 1 for this type of team.  I think they’ll keep it close for a while until they stall too many times on O then MD will run away with it in the 2d half.  It is what it is, DV hopefully will be better for it 

• Like 3

On 6/26/2021 at 11:10 AM, Champa said:

How many years is it gonna take for people to learn the difference between facts and excuses?

a.10

b.20

c.30

d.fucking never.

a.10

b.15

c.25

d.30

We had 35k in the stand a bunch of times when I played on the team 20+ years ago…

16 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Agree, DV offensively won’t be ready week 1 for this type of team.  I think they’ll keep it close for a while until they stall too many times on O then MD will run away with it in the 2d half.  It is what it is, DV hopefully will be better for it 

good point

image.png.45b360fc90a691916253f3de3a5b4314.png

Btw I will be posting a lot of “good point” post to up my stats

image.png.57eafeb75bd8fecb14c6e94da4c406c8.png

28 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Yeah this should be a somewhat easy dub for Mater Dei unless Duncanville turns out better then expected. I just don't think they will have enough offensively. Defense could give MD trouble early but they won't hold up under the pressure and snap count.

Good point