Tate Martell

Bodysurf

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Believe. There's no denying that Covid was a bitch for many college and high school ballers. 

Wasn’t his Senior season at Gorman in 2016? Indeed COVID is a bitch for all, but this saga goes back way before COVID. He should come full circle and transfer next to San Diego State since that is where he is from originally and started in high school.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Wasn’t his Senior season at Gorman in 2016? Indeed COVID is a bitch for all, but this saga goes back way before COVID. He should come full circle and transfer next to San Diego State since that is where he is from originally and started in high school.

I know that some will disagree, but, this is bullshit being able to transfer every single season. Lol. I mean this guy has almost literally done that since high school.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Tater gonna Tater….

https://scarletandgame.com/2021/07/26/former-ohio-state-football-player-tate-martell-heading-unlv/

I reckon, hope Tater gets it going on the gridiron. 

bgw

The last paragraph is harsh. Not that I disagree with him. But it’s almost as if this reporter is making it personal. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

I too thought the reporter unnecessarily brought opinion into an otherwise well penned piece. 

Also, agree with his opinion, but, it's whatever. 

I think in general, some coaches, parents, fans and shows like QB1, pump these kid's heads full of shit and its really a disservice to them in the long run. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I know that some will disagree, but, this is bullshit being able to transfer every single season. Lol. I mean this guy has almost literally done that since high school.

Is he harming anyone by pursuing his dream of being a starting QB at the Div 1 level? Why is it bullshit? He's a person not a possession.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Is he harming anyone by pursuing his dream of being a starting QB at the Div 1 level? Why is it bullshit? He's a person not a possession.

True…. That’s why I peruse this forum to gain perspective. How much shit is pumped in Tate’s head is debatable, certainly a factor. 

It will certainly be a comeback story if Tate pulls it off, gotta get that “ship” turned around and another factor that’s not discussed are ‘injuries” physical and mental. 

bgw

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SJR 04 said:

This is true.

To me, there have been rules in place that these types of transfers violate the spirit of those rules. Those rules were set to protect kids and people are taking advantage of them. Especially Tate with his mouth or Twitter as it were, calling out Justin Fields and then leaving for the portal again. 

In general, I'm definitely ok with people pursuing their dreams. He's an interesting case though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This is true.

To me, there have been rules in place that these types of transfers violate the spirit of those rules. Those rules were set to protect kids and people are taking advantage of them. Especially Tate with his mouth or Twitter as it were, calling out Justin Fields and then leaving for the portal again. 

In general, I'm definitely ok with people pursuing their dreams. He's an interesting case though.

QB1 was a bad idea

• Like 1