Georgia Week 1 Scoreboard

12 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Not sure what the score was when you posted this, but AHP won by 18 points and while CP hasn't added the game yet my guess is they'll earn 60+ on the game.   Maybe Lowndes drops to a 45-46 rating and AHP earns 63-64 for the game as a guesstimate.   Had AHP had one more TD differential, they may have hit 70+ for the game.   

Lowndes rating didn’t budge… 49 + 18 differential nets 67 for AHP.  I figured Lowndes would drop 3-4 points losing by 18 at home, but CP’s pregame prediction had to be quite close to the differential of the actual score.  

10514952-2628-4A96-A739-5D27233FC04D.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Lol. If this game was played in FL it would have been 52-0

Maybe hyperbole but not *that* far off. I think 24-0 becomes 38-0 pretty quick and they likely don't get any late game surge.

But we're kidding ourselves if anybody is going to acknowledge the huge imbalance that exists in these games. Practically all of them are in Georgia.

13 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Maybe hyperbole but not *that* far off. I think 24-0 becomes 38-0 pretty quick and they likely don't get any late game surge.

But we're kidding ourselves if anybody is going to acknowledge the huge imbalance that exists in these games. Practically all of them are in Georgia.

Refs can really dictate games real quick. 1st and 10 turns into 3rd and long with one phantom call. A TD gets called back and with the penalty yards the drive stalls and they punt. 

My sons preseason game was this weekend. They called 2 touchdowns back and another catch down to the 5. All 3 of those drives stalled. The scrimmage ended in a 6-6 tie when realistically it was 24-6 or 28-6. The refs literally changed the entire outcome. 

• Thanks 1

And Georgia has already had the notorious reputation of having the worst refs in the country for an OOS team. This Saturday kept that reputation firmly in place. They did everything they could in their power to keep the score down. I’ve been saying it for years. You have to be exponentially better than the GA team or the refs will decide the game. Good thing Lowndes sucks or AHP would have had the game stolen from them 

13 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

And Georgia has already had the notorious reputation of having the worst refs in the country for an OOS team. This Saturday kept that reputation firmly in place. They did everything they could in their power to keep the score down. I’ve been saying it for years. You have to be exponentially better than the GA team or the refs will decide the game. Good thing Lowndes sucks or AHP would have had the game stolen from them 

What about the refs against Colquitt?

Just saying...

Rufus>>

24 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Refs can really dictate games real quick. 1st and 10 turns into 3rd and long with one phantom call. A TD gets called back and with the penalty yards the drive stalls and they punt. 

My sons preseason game was this weekend. They called 2 touchdowns back and another catch down to the 5. All 3 of those drives stalled. The scrimmage ended in a 6-6 tie when realistically it was 24-6 or 28-6. The refs literally changed the entire outcome. 

Ouch… GL to him.  

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

Are those tears you are tasting?

13 minutes ago, Fred said:

Yea, no.

Yes. I would say the first team in 50 years to win every single game by at least 14 points qualifies as most dominant. (Not including the postseason exhibition game)

Do you have a suggestion? Maybe a team from the highest class with an outrageous point differential? 

Give me the goods 

On 8/21/2022 at 8:42 AM, Nolebull813 said:

Remember AHP finished 6-4 last year, lost their coaching staff and have a head coach who gets a stipend to coach. Same with the assistants. They don’t get paid like they do in GA. They are glorified volunteers. They have some talented individual players but they were what you would expect from a 6-4 team.

Most GA coaches get a stipend.  There are only a relative few that are well paid and they tend to be in the southern part of the state.

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

And Georgia has already had the notorious reputation of having the worst refs in the country for an OOS team. 

In particularly the South Georgia refs.

The fact that Lincoln and Madison County were able to play Valdosta in Georgia and have a winning record overall for over a decade is a minor miracle.

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

DLS goes through that every year in NCAL . They just can't ever get an evenly called game . It is outrageous really. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

DLS goes through that every year in NCAL . They just can't ever get an evenly called game . It is outrageous really. 

I bet. Jealous nobodies with power altering athletics because they can’t stand to see someone else successful. 

in South Georgia where the officiating is at the worst in the entire country. I think it’s because high school football there is ran like a business. They pay the coaches a stupid amount of money. Charge the kids money to be apart of the team. The fan support is high so it’s very lucrative. They usually schedule horrible teams to come up to for guarantee wins because it makes the W/L record look prettier. Plus they can pay some slapdick to come up twice. Rarely do South GA teams play home and home. 

So I think the officials are part of the business model. Just a bunch of good ole boys apart of an old order. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2022 at 10:55 AM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

After going back and watching... 

Yes... 

I dont think AHP was bad... 

By a long shot...

But I think Colquitt could've beaten them... 

Every time AHP comes to Georgia they play a Depleted team... 

When they played Colquitt the Packers where depleted by Graduation....

When they played Lowndes last night same thing but also A depleted Coaching staff.... 

When they played Stephenson.... Same exact thing... 

But I dont think Stephenson would have won regardless... 

But that being said I do think Colquitt could have beaten AHP last night...

I also think Grayson could have... 

Grayson Defense is gonna be a nightmare this year

Colquitt made a lot of mistakes but considering they left 6 players at home for discipline reasons including both their wideouts I think they played well. Lots of stuff to clean up before they beat a contending type team. 

Is there really an argument of a top 10 Fl team beating a Ga team that isn't even to 10 in its classification? 

People are really going overboard into that. Ahp wouldn't beat any of the top teams in Ga. Lowndes isn't a top team this year and i don't believe anyone in Ga said they were except for rufus. Hell some don't have in the top 30 in the entire state. 

Lowndes has a bunch of 10th graders starting and bad coaching. Lowndes should not be a measuring stick for any elite teams or any team that thinks they are elite.

5 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Is there really an argument of a top 10 Fl team beating a Ga team that isn't even to 10 in its classification? 

People are really going overboard into that. Ahp wouldn't beat any of the top teams in Ga. Lowndes isn't a top team this year and i don't believe anyone in Ga said they were except for rufus. Hell some don't have in the top 30 in the entire state. 

Lowndes has a bunch of 10th graders starting and bad coaching. Lowndes should not be a measuring stick for any elite teams or any team that thinks they are elite.

Even after losing to AHP by 18.....Lowndes is still Top Ten in Georgia...cause losing OOS doesn't affect the Georgia rankings.  Get your ass outa the canoe !!!!

Rufus>>