Pray for Tua Tagovailoa

SeaShells21

3 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

They brought up going back to grass for outdoor stadiums…a few ex players were talking about field turf being just a layer above concrete.

anyone see the artificial turf back in the day? Three Rivers…Astrodome…..that was like a bed sheet over a concrete slab….didn’t hear many issues back then. Is it bigger faster stronger now vs then?

btw I’m all for grass fields.

Yeah we didn’t hear many issues back then, but they still existed. Look at the Mike Webster’s, Jim Otto’s and the players from the 60’s, 70s and 80s era today and look at their health and quality of life.

Back then we didn’t hear about as much obviously social media was nothing like today, the players didn’t  have the leverage back then and if you saw a guy speak out they would be worried about repercussions and being blackballed.

Also agree that today’s players are just bigger and faster. Even though technology and safety is better the game is more violent as the athletes are superior.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Reality is, that cat Tua got up, shook his head and wobbled off the field. There is video of it. He never grabbed his back. He wobbled like a drunk. 

That's reality. 

Reality is that two medical doctors cleared him of any concussion.

But you do you, man.

A non-expert couch potato diagnosing a neurological condition from a 5-second clip.

👌

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

What?

You're saying that two doctors who did their job will be fired for no reason?

I also laugh at the totally fallacious idea that because Tua was concussed last night then therefore he was also concussed on Sunday.

It's a total non sequitur.

I kN0w wHaT i SAw!!!

🙄

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Never seen ole atticus be more wrong than in this situation. 

@Atticus Finch I got the feeling you've never played football or any sport for that matter. This isn't even me trying to be a smart ass. Its just some things you can see as a former player or athlete and you completely misses on them.

😄

Yes, all of the Twitter and message board dumbasses who were diagnosing Tua from their couch are really just misunderstood former athletes with great senses of concussion awareness.

You couldn't have embodied the silliness of the mob more if you tried.

18 hours ago, Ga96 said:

The stupid mob will be stupid.

More at 10pm!

NFL-NFLPA Joint Statement on Investigation into the Application of the Concussion Protocol Involving Tua Tagovailoa

The joint NFL-NFLPA investigation into the application of the Concussion Protocol involving Miami Dolphins' quarterback Tua Tagovailoa remains ongoing. Therefore, we have not made any conclusions about medical errors or protocol violations.

The NFL and the NFLPA agree that modifications to the Concussion Protocol are needed to enhance player safety. The NFLPA's Mackey-White Health & Safety Committee and the NFL's Head Neck and Spine Committee have already begun conversations around the use of the term "Gross Motor Instability" and we anticipate changes to the protocol being made in the coming days based on what has been learned thus far in the review process.

The NFL and NFLPA share a strong appreciation for the unaffiliated neurotrauma consultants who contribute their time and expertise to our game solely to advance player safety. This program has made our game safer for the athletes who play it for the past twelve seasons.

18 hours ago, Champa said:

The Dolphins will now try to act completely innocent on this matter and blame everything on that one doctor.

The guy who apparently didn't watch the game is now completely unaware the the independent doctor, hired by the NFLPA, has complete authority in evaluating head injuries and can unilaterally bench a player if they deem it necessary.

The Dolphins have no authority whatsoever over the concussion protocol.

That's the way it was designed by the league and the union.

It helps to actually know what you're talking about.

18 hours ago, Ga96 said:

That 1 doc better make sure he gets paid good for being the scapegoat. 

Dumb people like you sometimes stumble into a true statement.

He's definitely going to be a scapegoat. But not for the Dolphins. He's going to be a scapegoat for the NFL and the NFLPA.

Because there's no evidence that Tua had a concussion on Sunday but the Twitter mob says he did so the NFL and NFLPA have to offer a human sacrifice to placate the masses.

So despite doing his job and following the protocol that the league and union agreed to, he will be fired.

Gotta love the state of our culture right now.

21 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

😄

Yes, all of the Twitter and message board dumbasses who were diagnosing Tua from their couch are really just misunderstood former athletes with great senses of concussion awareness.

You couldn't have embodied the silliness of the mob more if you tried.

I can at least speak for myself,

I’ve seen the affects of a concussed person personally, and unfortunately I have had my own experience with receiving a concussion.

Based on what I’ve seen and what I obviously remember from my own. Tua clearly appeared to be in an unnatural, concussed state.

We’re not trying to pretend to be scholars 🧑🏻‍🏫 or medically cultivated experts; just sharing our own thoughts and opinions as such 😌

Have a safe and blessed day everyone 🎈

• Like 1