Playoff Potential

TheMaximumHornetSting

I still have my doubts about TCU being in.  Undefeated - no argument.  Losing to K. St?  Cannot spin that as a good loss.  Close, yes.  But not good.  Unless you are consensus #1, losing late is very risky.  Alabama is clearly not one of the 2 best teams in the country.  But on a good day, with their Jimmies and Joes, they can beat anyone.

26 minutes ago, Bormio said:

I still have my doubts about TCU being in.  Undefeated - no argument.  Losing to K. St?  Cannot spin that as a good loss.  Close, yes.  But not good.  Unless you are consensus #1, losing late is very risky.  Alabama is clearly not one of the 2 best teams in the country.  But on a good day, with their Jimmies and Joes, they can beat anyone.

They have 2 losses to also-rans.  They’re done.  TCU lost in OT in their conference title game to now a Top-10 team, and OSU’s only loss was to the undefeated #2 team.

Bama doesn’t deserve jack this year.

8 minutes ago, Bormio said:

How many different SEC teams have won NC with the playoff?  How many big 12?

Who cares?   We’re talking about this year.  

Check out all these SEC trash teams that were somehow ranked in or near the Top 10 this year and where they ended up:

Texas A&M - 7 losses

Arkansas - 6 losses

Florida - 6 losses

Kentucky - 5 losses

Ole Miss - 4 losses

Miss St. - 4 losses

LSU - about to be 4 losses

Other than GA, the whole conference was a complete dumpster fire of vastly over-ranked trash this year. 

Bama doesn’t deserve jack.

Just now, reggid said:

Who cares?   We’re talking about this year.  

Check out all these SEC trash teams that were somehow ranked in or near the Top 10 this year and where they ended up:

Texas A&M - 7 losses

Arkansas - 6 losses

Florida - 6 losses

Kentucky - 5 losses

Ole Miss - 4 losses

Miss St. - 4 losses

LSU - about to be 4 losses

Other than GA, the whole conference was a complete dumpster fire of vastly over-ranked trash this year. 

Bama doesn’t deserve jack.

No Bama doesn’t deserve jack.  But unless you are undefeated, nobody deserves a spot (and some undefeated teams don’t).  Now it is the question of the 4 best teams.  A matter of opinion, but I bet Georgia is hoping for TCU

19 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

Camera angle behind the ball always makes the ball look further up. Look where the ball is touching the ksu player under him in relation to where his hip and rear is on the ground. Plus we don't have a view of when his knee hit and where the ball is then 

I think the real reason TCU lost is because they put their names on their helmets during fall camp so they are not a true football team!!

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Vs Marino and the Dolphins right?  I think.  

No this was actually in ‘82 pre Marino. Going off memory, David Woodley started, shit the bed. Shula pulled him and Don Strock came in and got hot. Hook and ladder right at half to Tony Nathan got the fins back into it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

No this was actually in ‘82 pre Marino. Going off memory, David Woodley started, shit the bed. Shula pulled him and Don Strock came in and got hot. Hook and ladder right at half to Tony Nathan got the fins back into it.

Aha.  Thx for the info.  
Looking at the photo, I thought Dolphins, Marino and a 41-34 Chargers final.  41 yes, 34 no.  Forgot it went OT.  Winslow needing help to leave the field was something.  He gave his all.