GOW: No. 3 SJB, 3 vs. No. 5 STA, 9 F OT

PrepGridiron

Who Will Win?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins when SJB travels to STA on 8/25.

• St. John Bosco Braves
    • St. Thomas Aquinas Raiders
    • S. Florida Rain

Just now, HSFBfan said:

BG, IMG would more then likely put up some points on both squads. Everyone talking about how good MD is.

BG and IMG are already up there.  Look at the teams you're mentioning.  These are two legit teams that will likely beat the snot out of everyone they play the rest of the way.

Just now, steeler01 said:

I agree. 

SJB IMO is more of a complete team, but penalties have hampered them in the 1st half.

You know, just based off camps and what I've seen and heard DJ should be the starter. However, I'm not the SJB staff so I'm not going to hold off the judgement.

But SJB is known for playing seniors who aren't as good just because they're seniors than more able underclassmen.

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

No they couldn't. 

They struggled to put up 20 points on Manatee(Needed Special teams miscues from Manatee)

in the playoffs that year DBP scored 40 plus points in every game. put up 35 on mission viejo. ok maybe not exactly 40 on average but they could certainly put up points

Just now, HSFBfan said:

in the playoffs that year DBP scored 40 plus points in every game. put up 35 on mission viejo. ok maybe not exactly 40 on average but they could certainly put up points

Jersey was all DBP back then as well.

They put up 35 on Mission Viejo, but those points were mostly because of the way they stymied MV offense and gave their offense excellent field position.

Man, both defenses getting at it.   SJB's D isn't getting talked about enough but they have been shutting it down.   Every play you have to worry about Mitchell tucking the ball.   Hoping STA can get some offense and at least get good field position, because MItchell's ability to extend the play and look deep is scary.  

Could you guys imagine how shitty the O would be right now if it were storming?!  Anyways I'm a defense first guy, so this has been a treat so far.  STA qb has zero seconds to get a throw off, I do like him TRYING to extend plays and keep his head up field, but nada so far.  

• Like 1

Just now, steeler01 said:

Jersey was all DBP back then as well.

They put up 35 on Mission Viejo, but those points were mostly because of the way they stymied MV offense and gave their offense excellent field position.

i did the math dbp averaged 45 pts a game in the regular season that year