St. John Bosco 28 vs. Mater Dei 0 (F)

dntn31

8 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

I’m enticing GardenStateBaller to just do it. Schedule every available power and just get it over with.

The thing is, Texas doesn't even need to do it. I think Texas football is great as it is. The Friday Night Lights culture is special.

It's just, if you want to get in a pissing contest, at some point you're gonna have to pull your d*ck out. (Trust me bro, it's huge!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Name Texas top 10 OOS wins since 2016.

Texas has been exposed in the recent high profile OOS games they have played. I mean if I had that track record I might also stop trying and instead just go "We're really good! Just trust me bro!" You can't expect anyone to take that seriously.

What’s so magical about 2016, happens to be the year after DLS lost to trinity?  Lol

I can only think of 5 over ranked teams in MP since’16:  

#35 Allen over #32 hoover 2016

#35 Allen over #48 ECA 2016

#6 Duncanville over # 50 SJC 2019

# 55 in Texas Longview over #72 Bryant 2021

#32 Atascocita over #71 ESL 2023

10 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Texas has been exposed in the recent high profile OOS games they have played. I mean if I had that track record I might also stop trying and instead just go "We're really good! Just trust me bro!" You can't expect anyone to take that seriously.

This is a dangerous statement to make when all your states recent top wins come from 2 teams... 

On 10/13/2023 at 11:34 PM, dntn31 said:

Brown looked all-world the last 3 years. He has not looked the same this year against Cen10 and especially against SFA and SJB. Do you think the change in OC has made that much of an impact?

This was my one and only fear ~ if run game shut down EB having to make plays against elite coverage. What I didn’t count on was JD going down, O-line getting outplayed and OC not adapting. Like, short-yardage routes to get receivers rolling, disguise runs and use play-action to setup deep ball. 

Even the BEST defense is gonna have issues if time of possession is 25/75 or whatever it was. MD secondary is elite, but if you can’t stop the Run or get to the QB consistently, eventually you’re gonna get burned. This is exactly what MD game plan was supposed to be, Sanchez executed better and MD couldn’t shut run which setup the pass  

Hats off to SJB…call it whatever you want and no excuses, Braves were by far the better team; all 3 phases. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

And whats even crazier is the fact that MD-SJB will meet again and the winner will get the MNC... 

No other school in any other state would ever be given such a luxurious cushion to fall on... 

IMO - natty this year should go to one of the Top 3 remaining undefeated teams and not MD or SJB. The point spread on Kahku game (borderline robbery to SJB) just doesn’t make sense and an no team with a 28-0 loss should be MNC. Gotta be perfect, dominate OOS and if you do have 1 loss,  reds to be avenged.

For these reasons, I’d say BG, Chaminade, IMG and pickem TX team more deserving this year if undefeated. BG dodged a bullet this year ducking. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Feel like this topic has been covered multiple times and would like make a few pts (btw ~ agree w/ all of above)

1. Texas doesn’t need nor care about MNC - it’s a big state with a super deep playoffs and winning State is bigger to them than MNC

2. $$$ - they make more money by playing in-state rivals (I saw DV/MD game, sold out 10k, but the big in-state games draw 30k-50k)

Two reasons above make playing an OOS risky. Texas fans should be honest about this and it’s OK — stay out of MNC convos or man up and play OOS top dogs. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

Feel like this topic has been covered multiple times and would like make a few pts (btw ~ agree w/ all of above)

1. Texas doesn’t need nor care about MNC - it’s a big state with a super deep playoffs and winning State is bigger to them than MNC

2. $$$ - they make more money by playing in-state rivals (I saw DV/MD game, sold out 10k, but the big in-state games draw 30k-50k)

Two reasons above make playing an OOS risky. Texas fans should be honest about this and it’s OK — stay out of MNC convos or man up and play OOS top dogs. 

lol  How do fans man up on who plays who? 
The problem is too many of you take these MNC titles personally as if you’re out there winning them. 

At the end of the day its the pollsters ranking teams. (Just so happens Duncanville is in the top 5 of several so a contender for MNC)  And this year, more than other years,  the MNC is not clear cut. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

This is a dangerous statement to make when all your states recent top wins come from 2 teams... 

37 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

yeah that’s an odd statement for sure seeing 2 of their state’s top 10 (Cen10 and LBP) were whipped by BG this year by a total of 73 points

The 2 CA teams in the MNC conversation each year have the best OOS resumes over the past decade and it's really not close. Bringing up Cen10 and LBP is a strawman.

Even if you remove CA (SJB and MD) from the equation, other power states like FL and GA have much better OOS resumes compared to Texas over the past decade.

Complain, bitch and deflect all you want, but if Texas wants to be taken seriously on a national scale they are going to have to start winning meaningful OOS games.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

The 2 CA teams in the MNC conversation each year have the best OOS resumes over the past decade and it's really not close. Bringing up Cen10 and LBP is a strawman.

Even if you remove CA (SJB and MD) from the equation, other power states like FL and GA have much better OOS resumes compared to Texas over the past decade.

Complain, bitch and deflect all you want, but if Texas wants to be taken seriously on a national scale they are going to have to start winning meaningful OOS games.

Bringing up cn10 and LBP is relevant when talking about being “exposed”. They’re comparable to Duncanville when DV lost to MD and IMG. DV was never in discussion for MNC in 2020/2021 (they didn’t win state in TX either year, finished #7 and #3 in TX respectively according to MP) 

Going back a decade (2013/2014) list the GA top OOS wins.

15 hours ago, badrouter said:

While I concede this is wishful thinking at this point, I also think folks have read too much into the game last year. BG had like a month off to prepare for a home game against a team that was occupied with (an admittedly easy) playoff run.

I’m not sure if you are aware of this but in last years game (Gorman vs Chaminade) the Gaels did not play several of their star players. Including 5* WR Zach Branch who enrolled early into USC. Gorman dominated 49-14 with a limited roster and it could have been a lot worse for CM. 

16 hours ago, badrouter said:

While I concede this is wishful thinking at this point, I also think folks have read too much into the game last year. BG had like a month off to prepare for a home game against a team that was occupied with (an admittedly easy) playoff run. Teenagers aren't the most predictable things in the world. A rematch played a week later could've produced very different results. While I don't think that's a great way to think of game results, clearly others are fine with such an approach when it suits their case...

Do you understand in geico bowl 

Zachariah branch usc Commit 

Jeremiah hughes lsu Commit 

Justyn Rhett Georgia Commit 

Kodi Oregon Commit 

All didn't play you basically play this years team Madonna just not built like that but they are building something

gorman,mater dei,Bosco We been doing this for year's catch up before you put yourself in the convo this is year's of winning NATTY TALK 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

lol  How do fans man up on who plays who? 
The problem is too many of you take these MNC titles personally as if you’re out there winning them. 

At the end of the day its the pollsters ranking teams. (Just so happens Duncanville is in the top 5 of several so a contender for MNC)  And this year, more than other years,  the MNC is not clear cut. 

Please….think we can all agree DV is aTop 5-10 team. That said, resume matters and if you don’t play the best, that’s OK too, you’re just gonna have a tougher case against the Top Dogs who did play OOS. 

That…and this a BIG one…knock off 1 top 5 OOS team every few years as a State. Doesn’t help cause when your best teams (NS or Austin) NEVER challenge the best OOS. DV/Allen ~ no need to rehash.

Honestly, prob never understand the saying ‘walk the talk’, that’s purpose of MNC and OOS. 

13 minutes ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

Please….think we can all agree DV is aTop 5-10 team. That said, resume matters and if you don’t play the best, that’s OK too, you’re just gonna have a tougher case against the Top Dogs who did play OOS. 

That…and this a BIG one…knock off 1 top 5 OOS team every few years as a State. Doesn’t help cause when your best teams (NS or Austin) NEVER challenge the best OOS. DV/Allen ~ no need to rehash.

Honestly, prob never understand the saying ‘walk the talk’, that’s purpose of MNC and OOS. 

Did chaminade, IMG challenge “the best” from OOS this year? What about any one from GA? 

3 hours ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

What. Makes. Them. Top. Dogs?

I would expect an OOS top dog to hand Texas teams their worst losses in program history. 

2 hours ago, dntn31 said:

I have Florida’s OOS resume; you can list Georgia’s.

12 hours ago, dntn31 said:

The thing is, Texas doesn't even need to do it. I think Texas football is great as it is. The Friday Night Lights culture is special.

It's just, if you want to get in a pissing contest, at some point you're gonna have to pull your d*ck out. (Trust me bro, it's huge!)

Can you list California’s resume?

If not, I’ll do it.

17 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

In all fairness no one expected SFA or DF to be Ass this year... 

but that happens more often than not. (Maybe not to the SFA, DF extreme) Teams rarely live up to their hype. 

it’s real difficult to get a legit OOS top 5-10 game where the rankings withstand the entire season 

At the end of the day, GAs beat wins this year are in state (by far!!) 

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

but that happens more often than not. (Maybe not to the SFA, DF extreme) Teams rarely live up to their hype. 

it’s real difficult to get a legit OOS top 5-10 game where the rankings withstand the entire season 

So far our best OOS win right now IMO is South Carolina Powerhouse Fort Dorchester,SC 

Grayson went over to FD and beat them 41-0 

FD is 5-2 currently and on their way to claiming the overall #1 seed for the SC 5A playoffs.... 

Grayson is 5-2 and looking at #3 seed currently... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

So far for Georgia heres some OOS wins:  

7A GA 5-2 Grayson (Loganville,GA) 41 @ 5A SC 5-2 Fort Dorchester (SC) 

4A GA 8-0 Benedictine (Savannah,GA) 42 @ 5A NC 6-2 Julius Chambers (Charlotte,NC) 0 Final

7A FL 6-1 Lincoln (Tallahassee,FL) 16 @ 7A 8-0 Colquitt County (Moultrie,GA) 56 FINAL 

@Nolebull813 said they where trash and honestly I dont expect Lincoln to do much they could very well lose the last 3 games and miss the playoffs bu right now they are 6-1 with a lone loss to Colquitt and they've been beating their FL competition.... 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Horsefly said:

What’s so magical about 2016, happens to be the year after DLS lost to trinity?  Lol

It's the year that I have complete data for TheCompPoll. If your argument hinges on a result from 9 seasons ago, you have to question how good that argument actually is. If I really wanted to be petty I could have said 2017 to not include Allen's win over Hoover in 2016 (which, spoiler alert, is Texas' last win over a composite 25 ranked team).

5 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Going back a decade (2013/2014) list the GA top OOS wins.

I'll go back to 2016.  

2 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

I have Florida’s OOS resume; you can list Georgia’s.

OK

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

He’s been very quiet since I asked the same thing. Lol

LOL, you really think that post scared me off? Wishful thinking, at best.

2 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

Can you list California’s resume?

Yep, in fact I will do you one better.

List of ALL wins over *OOS* Composite Top 25 teams since 2016:

Grouped By Year:

image.thumb.png.535c346a5e86c03ab817ab90503e3831.png

Grouped By Winning Team's State:

image.thumb.png.689b57cf89129e1006c2eeacd51afe9f.png

Grouped By Losing Team's State:

image.thumb.png.306df6d652644598c9cd6aa24162e91d.png

States With Best Win%

Screenshot2023-10-15134347.png.89ae95be89cb1510877cd44a36096971.png

States With Worst Loss MOV:

Screenshot2023-10-15133648.png.f364dceb1a34c8efadfd426c636bf79c.png

Congrats, Texas has a worse resume than Arizona and DC and is in the mix with states like Hawaii and Pennsylvania (but only because of a single game played by Allen 8 seasons ago - otherwise they would be objectively worse).

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

It's the year that I have complete data for TheCompPoll. If your argument hinges on a result from 9 seasons ago, you have to question how good that argument actually is. If I really wanted to be petty I could have said 2017 to not include Allen's win over Hoover in 2016 (which, spoiler alert, is Texas' last win over a composite 25 ranked team).

I'll go back to 2016.  

OK

Grouped By Year:

States With Best Win%

Congrats, Texas has a worse resume than Arizona and DC and is in the mix with states like Hawaii and Pennsylvania (but only because of a single game played by Allen 8 seasons ago - otherwise they would be objectively worse). 

2 of those 3 losses weren’t to just random top 25 teams they were to the #1teams those years (IMG and MD) context matters 

👇🏿you said the past decade not since  2016. 

5 hours ago, dntn31 said:

23 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

I'll go back to 2016.  

OK

Grouped By Year:

States With Best Win%

A vocal like for having IMG as its own state.  :) 

• Haha 2