St. John Bosco 28 vs. Mater Dei 0 (F)

dntn31

21 hours ago, badrouter said:

This. BUT, I have to think the human rankings will not have either in the top 3. We already know that, due to human bias, design, or some combination of the two, that calpreps is hopelessly biased towards CA. Humans can do better.

The humans have also picked one of these two teams every year since 2018. I think you overestimate their ability to do better. I mean MaxPreps might as well be a wholly-owned subsidiary of St. John Bosco and Mater Dei.

21 hours ago, badrouter said:

And, to be fair, I think even the CA guys would concede this isn't another year where one of the two should win it.

Really?

👇

On 10/14/2023 at 1:05 PM, CaliNorth said:

If Bosco beats MD again, then it should be a clear choice for sjb . Just look at their schedule, Handily beating sta there, Running clock SFA if not for the subs coming in the 3rd qtr, whipping MD. To be able to beat MD twice in a season is off the wall good. BG big win is to barely beat MC at home. I don't think any comparison to what Bosco has achieved, and that goes with any other team in country

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

2 of those 3 losses weren’t to just random top 25 teams they were to the #1teams those years (IMG and MD) context matters 

Yes, the context here is about MNCs and the importance of recent, high level, OOS wins in the modern era of HSFB. If Texas teams ever want to start being taken into serious consideration for MNCs, they are going to need some of those. Having your largest classifications' semi finalists getting running clocked isn't doing them any favors, regardless of context.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Gorman dominated 49-14 with a limited roster and it could have been a lot worse for CM. 

I'm no Chaminade fan but this is clearly a ridiculous rewriting of history. In fact I'd argue that if you played that game 100 more times that Gorman would never win by that much again.

Didn't they score touchdowns on two 4th down plays? And Chaminade fumbled at the goal line on a play? And got stopped on another 4th and goal?

Gorman rolled snake eyes on every 50/50 play for the entire game.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Yes, the context here is about MNCs and the importance of recent, high level, OOS wins in the modern era of HSFB. If Texas teams ever want to start being taken into serious consideration for MNCs, they are going to need some of those. Having your largest classifications' semi finalists getting running clocked isn't doing them any favors, regardless of context.

I go back to my original point, where has GA played the type of teams TX has recently?

TX has recently played top tier, no marginal top 25 teams like others. 

In the years MD, SJB and MD won the MNC, what was their record vs Fla and GA teams? 

Just now, Horsefly said:

Lol so now you change your augment.  Smh 

Nice work missing the forest for the trees. The minutiae may be different, but at heart It's the same argument.

This is my last post on the matter. You can deflect, "whatabout" and be as obtuse as you want until you're blue in the face. Get back to me when Texas does something that's nationally relevant. ✌️

53 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Nice work missing the forest for the trees. The minutiae may be different, but at heart It's the same argument.

This is my last post on the matter. You can deflect, "whatabout" and be as obtuse as you want until you're blue in the face. Get back to me when Texas does something that's nationally relevant. ✌️

Do you actually analyze what you post? We’re talking about the 2023 MNC race and GA hasn’t had a top 25 since ‘19. What’s Fla’s (other than IMG) top 25 OOS win THIS year?  But yet you think they are a factor bcause they had top 25 wins in the past.  Smh 

31 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Can you or can you not dispute the fact that EVERY oos Texas loss and win has been outdone by another Texas team?

Or does that just not matter?

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

It's the year that I have complete data for TheCompPoll. If your argument hinges on a result from 9 seasons ago, you have to question how good that argument actually is. If I really wanted to be petty I could have said 2017 to not include Allen's win over Hoover in 2016 (which, spoiler alert, is Texas' last win over a composite 25 ranked team).

I'll go back to 2016.  

OK

LOL, you really think that post scared me off? Wishful thinking, at best.

Yep, in fact I will do you one better.

List of ALL wins over *OOS* Composite Top 25 teams since 2016:

Grouped By Year:

image.thumb.png.535c346a5e86c03ab817ab90503e3831.png

Grouped By Winning Team's State:

image.thumb.png.689b57cf89129e1006c2eeacd51afe9f.png

Grouped By Losing Team's State:

image.thumb.png.306df6d652644598c9cd6aa24162e91d.png

States With Best Win%

Screenshot2023-10-15134347.png.89ae95be89cb1510877cd44a36096971.png

States With Worst Loss MOV:

Screenshot2023-10-15133648.png.f364dceb1a34c8efadfd426c636bf79c.png

Congrats, Texas has a worse resume than Arizona and DC and is in the mix with states like Hawaii and Pennsylvania (but only because of a single game played by Allen 8 seasons ago - otherwise they would be objectively worse).

Thank you 

& what do you use to make these lists ? 🤦🏻‍♀️ I really need one.

When I had an Abby normal 🧠 power rating idea (after ELO look was way over my pay grade as a one man team)… 

the one sticking point I had in regards to a decision of risk points added to the losing team. 

Just an fyi as the differential in the SJB-MD game was 28 pts. 
My cap in this novelty tool creation was at 28.  
In this ex, certainly MD earned full risk points per my *

IMG_6570.jpeg

22 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

I'm no Chaminade fan but this is clearly a ridiculous rewriting of history. In fact I'd argue that if you played that game 100 more times that Gorman would never win by that much again.

True I agree that every game is unique.

Each contest is a capsule of emotion, available personnel, coaching decisions and opportunities etc. 

@badrouter claimed that Gorman’s main advantage in that game was having a month off prior. I countered by citing the Gaels lack of big time personnel in that game. Also Gorman was unaware of who their opponent would be a week before the game. 

Didn't they score touchdowns on two 4th down plays?

Yes the Gaels lined up in a power I formation several times that day. If the other team cannot stop them and they are averaging 5+ yards per attempt with that formation the coaches will run that play every time. 

And Chaminade fumbled at the goal line on a play?

Their QB was stripped of the ball by two Gorman players.

And got stopped on another 4th and goal?

Gorman had all of the momentum at that point.

Gorman rolled snake eyes on every 50/50 play for the entire game.

Gorman was up 28-0 late into the 2nd qtr. Chaminade was averaging 50 points per game last year. They were held to 14. More stats below. 

IMG_2582.png

IMG_2583.png

On 10/15/2023 at 2:17 PM, Atticus Finch said:

Come on, man. Give me a break.

If either-or both- end up undefeated, I can't see any other team with a claim to be ahead of them. An unbeaten Norland would likely have two wins over Central and a win over American Heritage, to go with a road win at Lakeland and total destruction of the rest of Dade county. (I do think Norland should be on upset alert vs. Columbus, though.)

On 10/15/2023 at 2:45 PM, Horsefly said:

Do you actually analyze what you post? We’re talking about the 2023 MNC race and GA hasn’t had a top 25 since ‘19. What’s Fla’s (other than IMG) top 25 OOS win THIS year?  But yet you think they are a factor bcause they had top 25 wins in the past.  Smh 

Chaminade beat Bergen Catholic 61-21. And Miami Central had BG beaten until the last few seconds before dropping games against Chaminade and Norland.