St. John Bosco 28 vs. Mater Dei 0 (F)

dntn31

On 10/15/2023 at 12:44 PM, Horsefly said:

Did chaminade, IMG challenge “the best” from OOS this year? What about any one from GA? 

Chaminade and Buford both beat SFA (IMG will play them later and beat St Joseph’s). Chaminade may have a chance to play BG. OOS matters as does being undefeated ~ not only because it shows different levels, but also adds credibility to in-state rankings.

Not really sure what your point is. Yes, MNC is polls/people…OOS helps. Md/SJB have been very open about wanting heat. My point is you can’t say you’re #1 without playing OOS or beating someone in-state who has. 

3 hours ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

Chaminade and Buford both beat SFA (IMG will play them later and beat St Joseph’s). Chaminade may have a chance to play BG. OOS matters as does being undefeated ~ not only because it shows different levels, but also adds credibility to in-state rankings.

Not really sure what your point is. Yes, MNC is polls/people…OOS helps. Md/SJB have been very open about wanting heat. My point is you can’t say you’re #1 without playing OOS or beating someone in-state who has. 

it’s a question based on the other poster making it his point that playing a top 25 team in his composite is a critical criteria.  Reality is SFA is not one and Ber Catholic isn’t either. (To your last point though a TX team did beat a team that beat SFA this year) 

My view is MNC are a crap shoot, so I’m not advocating for any team, this is just convo, I’m not that invested in who is given the title. 

now I do think C-M has a strong resume (primarily strengthened by their instate schedule) but I push back that a MNC has to be based on beating composite top 25 OOS teams 

• Like 1

lets say if MD wins the rest of the games for the remainder of this season, wins the possible rematch with Bosco and eventually the state title, can MD still win a Natty, an MNC this year? as in, be similiar to how the 2018 season was for MD? and how the reverse was for Bosco in 2019 and last year?

Or are the circumstances different this time? Is Bishop Gorman the main effect, difference this time, as in, if BG remains undefeated for the remainder of their season, will BG then be the odds on favorite to win the Natty, MNC?

This article right here says it would be extreme difficult for MD to win the Natty, MNC now:

https://usatodayhss.com/2023/st-john-bosco-shuts-out-mater-dei

what it says:

"Even if Mater Dei wins the Southern Section Division 1 championship, in which they may need to face the Braves again, a loss like this will be nearly impossible to recover for national championships consideration."

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Why?  Because of the gauntlet they have to go through in mighty Nevada?  Come on playa.  Maybe someone from a football power state like Florida or Texas.  Maybe OH or the DMV. lol

And before you say it no

Nobody is mentioning any GA team.... 

CM in FL has the best resume if they can run the table.... 

Problem is CalPreps is gonna snub them in favor of MD or SJB when they have their fated and easily foreseen rematch.... 

SJB lost to Kahuku and fell nowhere.... 

MD got absolutely embarassed by SJB and also fell nowhere.... 

But "Unbiased"... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

I have a feeling Luck and Stanford will be just fine!. MD, not so much.

Luckily for Stanford, Andrew Luck read my post and my 29-0 at the half post and had to do something.   

Change of uniform, into the locker room and told the team to wake the F up (in terms used back then  :))

You’re welcome. 😂 

IMG_6642.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2023 at 1:33 AM, HurricaneNick said:

Very good team and a very good staff. Didn’t see any of their game against kahuku besides some twitter clips. I imagine they came out flat and were happy to be in Hawaii. Still 14-18 year old kids at the end of the day. I expect MD to be much better the next go around.

I'm sure there's better stuff out there, but I think this guy did a good job, if you've got 20 minutes and you're interested enough.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

And before you say it no

Nobody is mentioning any GA team.... 

CM in FL has the best resume if they can run the table.... 

Problem is CalPreps is gonna snub them in favor of MD or SJB when they have their fated and easily foreseen rematch.... 

SJB lost to Kahuku and fell nowhere.... 

MD got absolutely embarassed by SJB and also fell nowhere.... 

But "Unbiased"... 

If you had to pick 1 team to go against the top teams in the country, who would it be?

17 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I'm sure there's better stuff out there, but I think this guy did a good job, if you've got 20 minutes and you're interested enough.

Kahuku looked tough in that.  I know there were some controversial calls, but it's hard to tell a lot from that video (they didn't show the calls).  

One question though for those that know.  After Kahuku's last TD, they kicked off from the SJB 45, so I'm assuming some personal foul or something.  The ball goes in the EZ for a touchback and SJB gets the ball on the 10.  What happened there?

42 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

If you had to pick 1 team to go against the top teams in the country, who would it be?

I am taking SJB right now….

BG’s Defense looked suspect against MC who has 3 losses and Cen10 who had like 6 turnovers in the 1st half, otherwise they moved the ball with no problem….

MD’s offense is too inconsistent…. SJB seems to be the most Balanced team and if it wasn’t for bad calls and the players taking the Kuhaku trip as a Hawaiian vacation they would be undefeated….

I would throw IMG in the mix but they don’t play for anything so they don’t count…. 🤣

• Thanks 1