St. John Bosco 28 vs. Mater Dei 0 (F)

dntn31

7 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

No one in their right mind can say CP is unbiased now... 

Because theres no way I'd have MD at #3 after last nights performance or lack there of... 

I wouldnt drop them from the top 10 but #3? No way...

I also wouldn't have SJB #1... 

I would have BG #1 

SJB #2 

Calpreps is broken in a bad way... 

Your top 2 seem right, but MD should only drop to #3 for now. I still think MD would beat C-M and D’ville. 

D-Ville is #4 in CP and if they run the table with marquee wins deeper in the playoffs, look for them possibly to reach Mt Freeman’s peak, depending on how SJB and MD finish.  

Just CP chat, not sure CM has enough ammo left to pass D-Ville… if D-Ville remains undefeated, doubtful.   Especially if there is no post season Geico.  

8 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

In a rational high school football world, a team that lost by 4 touchdowns and was shutout would not be in the running for a national championship. Neither would a team that lost to a team that lost a game by 47 points.

But in this world, those are the *only* two teams that are in the running.

Calpreps is completely broken. I don't know how many more years it's going to take to convince the non-believers.

The national scene is merely an opera staring St. John Bosco and Mater Dei and everybody else are just bit players.

This. BUT, I have to think the human rankings will not have either in the top 3. We already know that, due to human bias, design, or some combination of the two, that calpreps is hopelessly biased towards CA. Humans can do better. And, to be fair, I think even the CA guys would concede this isn't another year where one of the two should win it.

Chaminade and Norland  should "control their own destiny". If both finish unbeaten, I don't know how you pick between the two. If both lose, it's much more open. THIS Gorman team doesn't have a particularly strong resume. If they end up "winning" the MNC, there's no doubt that a game played in a different year, with different teams, will be why they win THIS year. And, that's really weird.

4 hours ago, OldTerrapin said:

You people keep talking about GEICO bowl games.  There is none didn't you hear GEICO pulled out as a sponsor and Paragon lost AXE as a sponsor. No money GEiCO games are not happening 

If we end up with two clear candidates for MNC, it may be possible to find some sponsorship $ to make that one game happen. Particularly if the two schools in question are within 10-20 miles of each other (Chaminade and Norland).

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

Chaminade will beat them in Geico. 

While I concede this is wishful thinking at this point, I also think folks have read too much into the game last year. BG had like a month off to prepare for a home game against a team that was occupied with (an admittedly easy) playoff run. Teenagers aren't the most predictable things in the world. A rematch played a week later could've produced very different results. While I don't think that's a great way to think of game results, clearly others are fine with such an approach when it suits their case...

The book on  SJB vs. Mater Dei in the big picture is that SJB is more favorably located in regards to attracting the best talent in the region. But, MD is the better school with more $ which has tended to mean better coaching. You could argue MD has never actually had the most talented team in the country. But, they've been talented enough that with superior coaching they've been the best team. It might be that the coaching performance is a little down this year. Not so much because Rollo is gone, but just enough of a transition that things are off. I think Matt Leinart transferring his kid mid-season might be revealing.

34 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Your top 2 seem right, but MD should only drop to #3 for now. I still think MD would beat C-M and D’ville. 

Do we ignore recent history?  Is Duncanville soooooo much better than than last year when MD smoked them?  What have they done to even be in the conversation?

43 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Do we ignore recent history?  Is Duncanville soooooo much better than than last year when MD smoked them?  What have they done to even be in the conversation?

CP only, I think D-Ville is in a good spot, with marquee playoff games to come.   Not sure any combo of MD-SJB 2 can allow another #1…

D-Ville would need upset help likely prior to a rematch in CA.   D-Ville of course needs to run the table.  

1 hour ago, Cal 14 said:

I think they are better. Would they beat MD? I doubt it I also have C-M ranked high. If you want to talk recent history, do you really think BG would wipe the floor with them this year like they did last year? 

So, yes, I do think both teams are better this year. 

1 hour ago, Cal 14 said:

Geezus do you all think only your programs are the only ones that can be affected by coaching changes? Since MD, DV has a new OC, a well respected one. Much better QB development and better passing game has improved them offensively 

BG lost to MD in ‘18 42-0 to only come back last year and be competitive.  That’s an ex. Of “recent history”

not saying DV should be MNC, just  arguing teams can improve or get worse over time. 

2 hours ago, badrouter said:

The book on  SJB vs. Mater Dei in the big picture is that SJB is more favorably located in regards to attracting the best talent in the region. But, MD is the better school with more $ which has tended to mean better coaching. You could argue MD has never actually had the most talented team in the country. But, they've been talented enough that with superior coaching they've been the best team. It might be that the coaching performance is a little down this year. Not so much because Rollo is gone, but just enough of a transition that things are off. I think Matt Leinart transferring his kid mid-season might be revealing.

You are correct about the MD coaching. Ever since Dave Money left the offense is not the same. Taylor Kelly is also gone this season which is a big loss. Not having Rollo on the sideline and in the locker room is a loss that is hard to overcome. Frank may be a good coach, but you would have never seen a Rollo team flat in such a big game. Nobody could inspire his players like Rollo. 

I think Cole Leinart left because he saw the writing on the wall. The current Freshman is better. 

2 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

Did we ignore California’s recent history from 2015 when 2017 Mater Dei came along? Yes.

Did we ignore California’s recent history from 2016 when 2018 Mater Dei came along? Yes.

So, should we probably ignore Duncanville from 2021 when they got “smoked”? 

It would probably benefit California to do so.

We’ve all already forgot Thing 2’s Kahuku debacle. [Okay, okay, per GSB they had 7 defensive staters out.]

The point is. A lot happens in two years.

5 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Did we ignore California’s recent history from 2015 when 2017 Mater Dei came along? Yes.

Did we ignore California’s recent history from 2016 when 2018 Mater Dei came along? Yes.

So, should we probably ignore Duncanville from 2021 when they got “smoked”? 

It would probably benefit California to do so.

We’ve all already forgot Thing 2’s Kahuku debacle. [Okay, okay, per GSB they had 7 defensive staters out.]

Name Texas top 10 OOS wins since 2016.

Texas has been exposed in the recent high profile OOS games they have played. I mean if I had that track record I might also stop trying and instead just go "We're really good! Just trust me bro!" You can't expect anyone to take that seriously.

17 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Texas has been exposed in the recent high profile OOS games they have played. I mean if I had that track record I might also stop trying and instead just go "We're really good! Just trust me bro!" You can't expect anyone to take that seriously.

We don’t have any ☺️

18 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Not really 😌

8 hours ago, Gator 82 said:

Gorman played and beat 3 OOS teams in the top 20 and 1 in the top 50. I wouldn’t exactly call that no one and as much as I like SJB, they still lost a game they should have won. 

I think most people would agree, and even if they don't , that SJB is the best team out there, and maybe by a long shot, depending MD responding and tapping into that huge upside potential they have . I don't see Gorman, madonna , any team coming within a couple of td's .  Gorman didn't play any top tier while SJB took on 3 and having to play one of them twice . Plus the travel . Madonna beat SFA and MC so their resume actually is better than Gorman's 

3 hours ago, badrouter said:

And, to be fair, I think even the CA guys would concede this isn't another year where one of the two should win it.

For MD, a-28 goose egg against SJB seals the deal.  For SJB, if they destroy either Cen10 or Sierra Canyon, beat MD convincingly a second time and win state again in convincing fashion, and Kahuku wins Hawaii, then I think they have a claim. 

29 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

"We're really good! Just trust me bro!"

If Denton Guyer didn’t beat Allen (49-7) worse than St. John Bosco did (52-14) in 2022, or

2020’s Southlake Carroll take out Duncanville (34-27) only to get blown out by Westlake (52-34) at State; and that same 2020 Duncanville barely beat a Cedar Hill team (28-14) that 2020 Katy beat by the same margin SJB beat Allen at State (51-14) , then you may have a point about being exposed.

2020 Duncanville and 2022 Allen both looked weak in state after playing IMG (41-14) and St. John Bosco (52-14).

If Duncanville could’ve beaten a down North Shore team in 2021; [Lost (17-10) after losing to Mater Dei (45-3)] , then maybe that’s getting exposed. 2021 North Shore had about 6 teams put up way better offensive performances and scores against them than “The Best” known as Duncanville did. (Klein oak - 34, Westfield - 27 and beat North Shore, Atascocita - 21, Lake Travis - 21, Atascocita - 20, Summer Creek - 16, Tompkins - 20, Dobie - 14, Clear Springs - 13, Duncanville - 10

Duncanville scored 10 on a North Shore team that just graduated all its’ talent from its OIAG team. Katy this time blew out a team, Tompkins that North Shore struggled with in the playoffs. 

North Shore 26 - Tompkins 20

Katy 56 - Tompkins 21

Allen lost to Atascocita (41-20) and Carroll (47-21) in blowout losses the year before they played St. John Bosco (52-14).

The year they played St. John Bosco they lost to Guyer (49-7), Lewisville (43-18), and Prosper (28-23), so did anyone from Texas really get exposed or have OOS teams just been going up against weak Texas teams?

You can ask GSB about that.

2 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

If Denton Guyer didn’t beat Allen (49-7) worse than St. John Bosco did (52-14), or

Southlake Carroll take out Duncanville (34-27) only to get blown out by Westlake (52-34); and that same Duncanville barely beat a Cedar Hill team (28-14) that Katy beat by the same margin SJB beat Allen at State (51-14), then you may have a point about being exposed.

Duncanville and Allen both looked weak in state after playing IMG (41-14 and St. John Bosco (52-14).

If Duncanville could’ve beaten a down North Shore team in 2021 Lost (17-10) after losing to Mater Dei (45-3) , then maybe that’s getting exposed. 2021  North Shore had about 6 teams put up way better offensive performances against them than “The Best” known as Duncanville did. (Klein oak - 34, Westfield - 27, Atascocita - 21, Lake Travis - 21, Atascocita - 20, Summer Creek - 16, Tompkins - 20, Dobie - 14, Clear Springs - 13, Duncanville - 10

Duncanville scored 10 on a North Shore team that just graduated all its’ talent from its OIAG team. Katy this time blew out a team, Tompkins that North Shore struggled with in the playoffs. 

North Shore 26 - Tompkins 20

Katy 56 - Tompkins 21

Allen lost to Atascocita (41-20) and Carroll (47-21) in blowout losses the year before they played St. John Bosco (52-14).

The year they played St. John Bosco they lost to Guyer (49-7), Lewisville (43-18), and Prosper (28-23), so did anyone from Texas really get exposed or have OOS teams just been going up against weak Texas teams?

You can ask GSB about that.

Whatever you wrote, I'm not gonna be bothered to read it. Get back to me when a Texas team does something other than beating up on the slapdicks in their own state.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Whatever you wrote, I'm not gonna be bothered to read it. Get back to me when a Texas team does something other than beating up on the slapdicks in their own state.

As Dorothy said, “there’s no place like home”.   
At the national level in high school football you gotta take the show on the road, and for certain, it’s a double edged sword.  

14 minutes ago, On2whls said:

As Dorothy said, “there’s no place like home”.   
At the national level in high school football you gotta take the show on the road, and for certain, it’s a double edged sword.  

Texas doesn't even need to take the show on the road (we already know they won't). I'm sure if any of the top teams called up SJB, MD, Gorman, Miami Central, etc. they would take them up on it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Texas doesn't even need to take the show on the road (we already know they won't). I'm sure if any of the top teams called up SJB, MD, Gorman, Miami Central, etc. they would take them up on it.

I’m enticing GardenStateBaller to just do it. Schedule every available power and just get it over with.