St. John Bosco 28 vs. Mater Dei 0 (F)

dntn31

8 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Watching this will piss you off. 
I miss Dave Money. 

Brown looked all-world the last 3 years. He has not looked the same this year against Cen10 and especially against SFA and SJB. Do you think the change in OC has made that much of an impact?

Just now, HurricaneNick said:

Everyone knew this was 1 of 2 going into tonight. I bet Bosco doesn’t care that they lost the regular season game last year Lol

We were fortunate that all of the other big names had at least one loss last year and got the unanimous MNC. This year, more than likely you'll have IMG, Gorman and maybe Chaminade/Norland undefeated. A one-loss SJB/MD will have a pretty good shot at least 1 of the polls, but the chances of it being unanimous are now pretty slim, so this loss (and the Kahuku loss) is definitely more impactful.

• Like 2

Just now, Bodysurf said:

Yes. The OC is terrible. Dave Money and Taylor Kelly were great with QBs. 

I’d like to blame it all on the OC, but Elijah has just looked off this year. Not the same kid that threw it all over the yard against some of the best teams in the country. I’m sure when I watch tonight’s game I’ll feel the same way. 

• Like 2

Just now, dntn31 said:

We were fortunate that all of the other big names had at least one loss last year and got the unanimous MNC. This year, more than likely you'll have IMG, Gorman and maybe Chaminade/Norland undefeated. A one-loss SJB/MD will have a pretty good shot at least 1 of the polls, but the chances of it being unanimous are now pretty slim, so this loss (and the Kahuku loss) is definitely more impactful.

St. John Bosco won Gorman the natty tonight 😂

I don’t think either staff will care about a MNC when holding up the state title trophy.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

St. John Bosco won Gorman the natty tonight 😂

I don’t think either staff will care about a MNC when holding up the state title trophy.

Believe me , I  would take Bosco over Gorman or any other team in country . This is a special Bosco team with that loss in Hi throwing every one off as to how goog this Bosco team is . They seem to get better each game . The rematch between MD and Bosco will be epic 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Believe me , I  would take Bosco over Gorman or any other team in country . This is a special Bosco team with that loss in Hi throwing every one off as to how goog this Bosco team is . They seem to get better each game . The rematch between MD and Bosco will be epic 

Very good team and a very good staff. Didn’t see any of their game against kahuku besides some twitter clips. I imagine they came out flat and were happy to be in Hawaii. Still 14-18 year old kids at the end of the day. I expect MD to be much better the next go around.

5 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Very good team and a very good staff. Didn’t see any of their game against kahuku besides some twitter clips. I imagine they came out flat and were happy to be in Hawaii. Still 14-18 year old kids at the end of the day. I expect MD to be much better the next go around.

Just hoping they don't fly any refs in from Hawaii for the playoffs

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

It wasn't unanimous. MC finished #1 in one of the polls. 

https://www.local10.com/sports/local/2022/12/21/miami-central-senior-high-school-celebrates-recognition-as-national-football-champs/

57 minutes ago, alsime1 said:

You mean the Fake poll that was invented to give SFA a “Natty” and has to give out $5k for anyone to even acknowledge them?…. 🤣

You must also think Bishop Sycamore was not a scam…. 🤣🤣

Go back to your own Board and argue with the TX guys…. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

For sure. First year HC and OC, got spanked. It happens. Everyone knew this was 1 of 2 going into tonight. I bet Bosco doesn’t care that they lost the regular season game last year Lol

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Yes. The OC is terrible. Dave Money and Taylor Kelly were great with QBs. 

The Play of the defense is what is lost surprising….  I thought that would be the one thing that would win MD the game….

But at some point, the offense has to step up…. At least MD can avenge in the playoffs….

it could be worse… At least MD can still be a State Champ… unlike SFA and IMG who play for nothing… 🤣🤣