St. John Bosco 28 vs. Mater Dei 0 (F)

dntn31

In a rational high school football world, a team that lost by 4 touchdowns and was shutout would not be in the running for a national championship. Neither would a team that lost to a team that lost a game by 47 points.

But in this world, those are the *only* two teams that are in the running.

Calpreps is completely broken. I don't know how many more years it's going to take to convince the non-believers.

The national scene is merely an opera staring St. John Bosco and Mater Dei and everybody else are just bit players.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I would feel like this if the game was competitive.  I hate to say it but the staff was exposed. We have played against 2 good defenses this season and both times our offensive has been pathetic. I sure hope something changes. I do believe we would play better in a rematch, but I am not confident in our offense under Rescigno. 

O has to do something in the next game. Frank will be forced to make a change at OC. Throwing all 215 of JD at them for 48 minutes would’ve helped. Going 3 and out and sputtering on O only puts stress on the defense. Defense was on the field a lot last night. I also heard there was a score on a trick play. Got our ass kicked, but I know MD’s best ball game can beat Bosco. Whether they can put a game like that together is still tbd.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

In a rational high school football world, a team that lost by 4 touchdowns and was shutout would not be in the running for a national championship. Neither would a team that lost to a team that lost a game by 47 points.

Calpreps is completely broken. I don't know how many more years it's going to take to convince the non-believers.

The national scene is merely an opera staring St. John Bosco and Mater Dei and everybody else are just bit players.

High School football and rational have never gone together, how could it?

But calpreps is a total joke.

There is just NO other way around that fact.

17 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Agreed. If Chaminade runs the table, they should play Gorman in the Geico bowl and that winner should be the MNC. Problem for Gorman is that their SOS for in-state just destroys their Calpreps ranking. Gorman can’t control who they have to play locally. It is a huge flaw in Calpreps and why it lacks credibility. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Agreed. If Chaminade runs the table, they should play Gorman in the Geico bowl and that winner should be the MNC. Problem for Gorman is that their SOS for in-state just destroys their Calpreps ranking. Gorman can’t control who they have to play locally. It is a huge flaw in Calpreps and why it lacks credibility. 

If Bosco beats MD again, then it should be a clear choice for sjb . Just look at their schedule, Handily beating sta there, Running clock SFA if not for the subs coming in the 3rd qtr, whipping MD. To be able to beat MD twice in a season is off the wall good. BG big win is to barely beat MC at home. I don't think any comparison to what Bosco has achieved, and that goes with any other team in country

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

If Bosco beats MD again, then it should be a clear choice for sjb . Just look at their schedule, Handily beating sta there, Running clock SFA if not for the subs coming in the 3rd qtr, whipping MD. To be able to beat MD twice in a season is off the wall good. BG big win is to barely beat MC at home. I don't think any comparison to what Bosco has achieved, and that goes with any other team in country

If Bosco wins out and beats MD again they will be number 1 by a large margin in the computers. I think other polls will be more apt to give it to an undefeated team.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

If Bosco wins out and beats MD again they will be number 1 by a large margin in the computers. I think other polls will be more apt to give it to an undefeated team.

I would love to see Duncanville run the tables and wind up being ranked number 1 just to see GSB go complete bonkers after badmouthing them on his site all year 😌 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

Problem for Gorman is that their SOS for in-state just destroys their Calpreps ranking. Gorman can’t control who they have to play locally. It is a huge flaw in Calpreps and why it lacks credibility. 

Fundamental misunderstanding of how Calpreps works. 

The majority of the in-state games will not have any significant impact on their rating.  What hurts them right now is that they only beat Shadow Ridge by 25 (30+ renders the game somewhat meaningless when there is a huge gap in teams’ ratings).  That game is an anchor for them.  The fewer significant games a team plays, the more impact the significant ones have.

That said, yes, Gorman deserves to be #1.

20 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Fundamental misunderstanding of how Calpreps works. 

The majority of the in-state games will not have any significant impact on their rating.  What hurts them right now is that they only beat Shadow Ridge by 25 (30+ renders the game somewhat meaningless when there is a huge gap in teams’ ratings).  That game is an anchor for them.  The fewer significant games a team plays, the more impact the significant ones have.

That said, yes, Gorman deserves to be #1.

something wrong when gorman goes out of their way to avoid scheduling sjb or MD, then gets awarded a NC by virtually playing no one except for MC

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

something wrong when gorman goes out of their way to avoid scheduling sjb or MD, then gets awarded a NC by virtually playing no one except for MC

Without knowing all the facts, the optics are that Gorman ducked MD this year after losing to them last year at home. On paper, MD was supposed to be better this year since they returned 19-20 starters and the game also would have been played in CA not NV.

The Gaels and their supporters could have averted any doubt or criticism by completing the home and home series this year.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Agree

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

Without knowing all the facts, the optics are that Gorman ducked MD this year after losing to them last year at home. On paper, MD was supposed to be better this year since they returned 19-20 starters and the game also would have been played in CA not NV.

The Gaels and their supporters could have averted any doubt or criticism by completing the home and home series this year.

Thank you amazing victory lovvvvvvvvvvve Bosco 

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

Gorman played and beat 3 OOS teams in the top 20 and 1 in the top 50. I wouldn’t exactly call that no one and as much as I like SJB, they still lost a game they should have won. 

• Like 1