We Know One DLS Non-Conference Opponent

PrepGridiron

Just now, Eddyr2 said:

Hoping cen10 gets 10 games next year....real shame that there isn’t a public in the state willing to try to keep logan’s Crew under 50 points

Agreed...just happy for the ones that do step up. Cen10 played MD quite a bit until they moved to the pac5. This upcoming young team needs to get punched in the mouth by a MD in preseason...

Just now, NotBigdaddybloom said:

Agreed...just happy for the ones that do step up. Cen10 played MD quite a bit until they moved to the pac5. This upcoming young team needs to get punched in the mouth by a MD in preseason...

Rollo and Logan have a lot of respect for each and those games were fun...but like you said now that they are both in d1 don’t see that game being scheduled

1 hour ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Folsom and CC would be a great match up!

This is Corona Centenial, not Cathedral Catholic

Folsom doesn’t have the cajones or at least by all historical empirical evidence 

Pittsburg did and they got punched in the mouth but it helped their program make it to their first state game 

SJB has an open date that matches yours — why don’t you just set that game up instead of calling out a program that’s already whipped you twice that doesn’t have an open date that aligns with yours (per your coach)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pops said:

Folsom doesn’t have the cajones or at least by all historical empirical evidence 

Pittsburg did and they got punched in the mouth but it helped their program make it to their first state game 

SJB has an open date that matches yours — why don’t you just set that game up instead of calling out a program that’s already whipped you twice that doesn’t have an open date that aligns with yours (per your coach)

Wait so Folsom can't beat CC and shouldn't schedule them but should schedule SJB?

Stop being a troll and get your team to play the #1 in NorCal next year instead of playing CC of Modesto lol 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pops said:

Sounds like someones jealous of being #1.

Enjoy #2

10 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Wait so Folsom can't beat CC and shouldn't schedule them but should schedule SJB?

Stop being a troll and get your team to play the #1 in NorCal next year instead of playing CC of Modesto lol 

@The Comish

@PrepGridiron

Can we get a commish ruling

its one thing to troll with multiple screen names but liking your own posts is beyond the pale IMHO — it cheapens likes or laughs that anyone else needs to earn 

1 minute ago, Pops said:

@The Comish

@PrepGridiron

its one thing to troll with multiple screen names but liking your own posts is beyond the pale IMHO — it cheapens likes or laughs that anyone else needs to earn 

Not a board violation, but definitely is a breach of etiquette. Shame on those posters. 

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

@The Comish

@PrepGridiron

Shame on you for being a tattle tale, as I have broke no rules and only stated my opinion.

I will work on my etiquette @PrepGridiron

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

@The Comish

@PrepGridiron

Besides- whoever that G65 character is, is NOT me. @PrepGridiron can see IP addresses and confirm.

Let's nip this rumor in the bud now. 

Unlike the Folsom troll above in every thread, I'm actually realistic. @Pops this would be a BAD year for DLS to schedule Folsom and their coaching staff knows it. DLS would have too much to lose to play a squad this talented. No way they would want to risk the Norcal streak and the Open bid... It's a smart move by DLS.  

With that being said, I don't have faith in Folsom scheduling a good enough team to get them the open bid unfortunately. They play it too safe and in order to get the Open bid over DLS, they need an impressive key victory. Like I keep saying, they have nothing to lose by scheduling a top team because even if they lose, they will still win State (d1). Hopefully they surprise everyone on this board with their schedule but I'm not going to hold my breath. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Folsom Prison said:

Unlike the Folsom troll above in every thread, I'm actually realistic. @Pops this would be a BAD year for DLS to schedule Folsom and their coaching staff knows it. DLS would have too much to lose to play a squad this talented. No way they would want to risk the Norcal streak and the Open bid... It's a smart move by DLS.  

With that being said, I don't have faith in Folsom scheduling a good enough team to get them the open bid unfortunately. They play it too safe and in order to get the Open bid over DLS, they need an impressive key victory. Like I keep saying, they have nothing to lose by scheduling a top team because even if they lose, they will still win State (d1). Hopefully they surprise everyone on this board with their schedule but I'm not going to hold my breath. 

Thank you for rational truth based post. Would really like to see Folsom play a CIFSS D1 team. St Mary’s has played Bosco and MD the last years and I think it’s helped their program. 

38 minutes ago, Pops said:

@The Comish

@PrepGridiron

Dear member,

Thank you for bringing our attention to this matter.  The Chief has expressed concern to the executive committee that certain said posters are abusing the open platform that the board provides, by attempting to perpetuate their point of view by creating numerous screen names which all have the identical take as the posters previous screen names.

In addition, those said posters who "like" their own posts ruin the integrity of the "like" button, which lets other members know how many of their counterparts, takes are well received.

Rest assured that the sub committee on bylaws is currently in the process of amending the bylaws with section 45.2.b, which will address this infraction.

Thank you for your diligence in reporting this to the committee.

-The Comish

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Besides- whoever that G65 character is, is NOT me. @PrepGridiron can see IP addresses and confirm.

Let's nip this rumor in the bud now. 

Dear member,

Please address your concerns to the subcommittee on screen names.  We will delegate this to our sub committee on screen name fraud.

The Chief is a busy man and frowns on posters attempting to violate protocol.

Thank you in advance for  your cooperation.

-The Comish

38 minutes ago, Folsom Prison said:

this would be a BAD year for DLS to schedule Folsom and their coaching staff knows it. DLS would have too much to lose to play a squad this talented. No way they would want to risk the Norcal streak and the Open bid... It's a smart move by DLS.  

This is exactly my point! And this is an issue. Everyone rushing to defend DLS and explain why they shouldn't play Folsom and Folsom should just go and play a SoCal team. This is WRONG! DLS is less than 100 miles away. You have two teams which would probably produce the best game of the year, refusing to play. #1 and #2 teams in Norcal. It is absolutely wrong. 

I have brought up your point a few times about the risk. It is a no win for DLS. If they win, they gain nothing. If they lose, they lose EVERYTHING. I agree with that. But I disagree about your point where you say DLS is smart not to schedule Folsom next year. To me, that is the definition of ducking, directly or indirectly. 

8 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

This is exactly my point! And this is an issue. Everyone rushing to defend DLS and explain why they shouldn't play Folsom and Folsom should just go and play a SoCal team. This is WRONG! DLS is less than 100 miles away. You have two teams which would probably produce the best game of the year, refusing to play. #1 and #2 teams in Norcal. It is absolutely wrong. 

I have brought up your point a few times about the risk. It is a no win for DLS. If they win, they gain nothing. If they lose, they lose EVERYTHING. I agree with that. But I disagree about your point where you say DLS is smart not to schedule Folsom next year. To me, that is the definition of ducking, directly or indirectly. 

Of course its exactly your point and anyone with half a brain knows why.

I disagree with the statement that DLS would lose EVERYTHING with a loss to Folsom.  They would lose a game.  Losing a game to a good NorCal team (or even a bad one) would not destroy a 30 year legacy of success.  If anything, Folsom has more to lose.  They don't have the same national reputation as DLS.  A loss sinks them back to relative obscurity.

And to be honest, I'd love to see DLS play Folsom next year.  Hell, I'd love to see it this weekend if for any reason, just to see the reaction if DLS did indeed stomp Folsom.  

1 minute ago, Rippers said:

I disagree with the statement that DLS would lose EVERYTHING with a loss to Folsom.  They would lose a game.  Losing a game to a good NorCal team (or even a bad one) would not destroy a 30 year legacy of success.

Maybe I need to clarify. By everything, I meant the likely top ranking and the open bid. The other stuff has no meaning or matter to me. 

And I think your point about the reaction if Folsom lost is acceptable. But I think the reaction on this board if DLS lost, would be even more priceless. You would see more made up names coming on here within a 24 hour time span than ever! :D

8 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Maybe I need to clarify. By everything, I meant the likely top ranking and the open bid. The other stuff has no meaning or matter to me. 

DLS has lost the open bid before (and they lost the D1 title game that year) and has come out none worse the wear.  That is still hardly "EVERYTHING".  

This is also why people have issue with you and your "buddies".  When DLS was starting to get recognition in the mid to late 90's, they still did not have national or even statewide respect until they started playing and beating top teams across the state and then top teams from out of state.  Even Rollinson admitted before the 1998 game that he had heard of DLS but didn't really know anything about them.  DLS didn't thump their chest and and demanded they deserved to play these teams, they answered the challenge of "Go play the south" and then "go play out of state".  They earned their rep and built their legacy.

The same thing is happening now with Folsom and they are hearing the same challenges.  Fair or not, it is not hate, it is the process.  And until Folsom does it, they will just be another upstart Johnny Come Lately with a couple of good teams.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rippers said:

And until Folsom does it, they will just be another upstart Johnny Come Lately with a couple of good teams.

I agree with much of what you said except the "just another good team."

Good teams are not ranked in the top 20 nationally. Good teams are like 400-500 nationally. Don't dismiss how good they are because they haven't played a team that satisfies some.

But I agree on the notion of playing up. I think it needs to happen and I know they are trying. There have been some widely discussed road blocks that they need to overcome. 

15 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

I agree with much of what you said except the "just another good team."

Except that is not what I said.  You even quoted exactly what said.  I guess I should have added two or three more words...."And until Folsom does it, they will the just be considered by those around the nation as another upstart Johnny Come Lately with a couple of good teams".

Their national ranking after this last season was deserved and that team was recognized for their achievement.  But that does not necessarily mean it will carry over till next year or even the following. They will need to build on that success to get the national recognition and respect that you want.  They got the recognition this year, but the respect still needs to be earned.  

4 minutes ago, Rippers said:

But that does not necessarily mean it will carry over till next year or even the following

It should into next year. They return everybody.

And I always have to remind people that their window is small for greatness. They are a public school and operate under restrictions, that the DLSs. MDs. Boscos of the world do not have to conform to. They may still be "good" but I would doubt "great" like this year and next. They're success will likely by cyclic, like all the other public schools. They have fortunately enjoyed a sustained period of success due to various reasons. It won't always be that way. 

Hence, the big push to get teams to take them for next year. 

4 minutes ago, Rippers said:

Except that is not what I said.  You even quoted exactly what said.  I guess I should have added two or three more words...."And until Folsom does it, they will the just be considered by those around the nation as another upstart Johnny Come Lately with a couple of good teams".

Their national ranking after this last season was deserved and that team was recognized for their achievement.  But that does not necessarily mean it will carry over till next year or even the following. They will need to build on that success to get the national recognition and respect that you want.  They got the recognition this year, but the respect still needs to be earned.  

All I am hearing is excuses. 

#1 in NorCal