We Know One DLS Non-Conference Opponent

PrepGridiron

1 hour ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

@PrepGridiron can we confirm IP addresses on this one. This is clearly a troll account made by @DLS_Spartan who has mysteriously gone missing after his identity was outed. 

I'm not PrepGridiron, but, I will say the answer is... No. 

Pretty much goes back to my earlier post in a different place about allowing users to remain anonymous if they so wish. Until someone is violating some specific rules there is not much chance that we are going to be doxxing accounts for anyone and even then, we probably aren't going to be making public announcements about it if we do need to take administrative action against them. 

We take people's privacy seriously here. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Less creepers=less trouble

If that's the name of the game, I will oblige. Let the games begin. 

No doubt about that. 

Adhering to the guidelines and being substantive is key. We are pretty loose here, but, I'm getting the feel that we are going to need to start cracking down a little more on direct trolling and we have started trying to curtail it somewhat. 

Keep it light and keep it moving. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

No doubt about that. 

Adhering to the guidelines and being substantive is key. We are pretty loose here, but, I'm getting the feel that we are going to need to start cracking down a little more on direct trolling and we have started trying to curtail it somewhat. 

Keep it light and keep it moving. 

I agree. Thanks for the clarification. I enjoy posting on here.

5 hours ago, Folsom Prison said:

Unlike the Folsom troll above in every thread, I'm actually realistic. @Pops this would be a BAD year for DLS to schedule Folsom and their coaching staff knows it. DLS would have too much to lose to play a squad this talented. No way they would want to risk the Norcal streak and the Open bid... It's a smart move by DLS.  

With that being said, I don't have faith in Folsom scheduling a good enough team to get them the open bid unfortunately. They play it too safe and in order to get the Open bid over DLS, they need an impressive key victory. Like I keep saying, they have nothing to lose by scheduling a top team because even if they lose, they will still win State (d1). Hopefully they surprise everyone on this board with their schedule but I'm not going to hold my breath. 

Actually your wrong about it being a bad year. Spartans will be better next season. The whole issue of scheduling Folsom first game of season is ludicrous. For Folsom, they have nothing to lose playing Spartans at their weakest point in the season. It's no secret that if you have a chance to beat Spartans in Norcal, you have to play them early like Bellermine  or Serra. The question is, why do the Spartans have to accommodate Folsom and change their planning in how they want to prepare the team, getting ready for two opponents  that could be significantly better than Folsom. Dls can play like shit early on, as they are breaking in new qb, line etc.  They have learned that they need at least one warmup game to get cylinders rolling. Why do they need to risk anything first game of season. What Folsom and their fans should be doing, is demanding a Norcal Open playin game, so that they could meet Spartans in a true championship of North. I think everyone wants that. Folsom had their chance to keep it that way a few years ago, but they  vehemently protested at having to play Spartans at end of yr., denying them a chance to play in an sbg. As you stated above, Folsom can go out an accept SJB first game of season if they have the nerve. I suspect Folsom wants only to play in a Win, Win situation against Spartans, while the Spartans have everything to lose, meaning, even if they win the first game of season against Folsom, they may spread themselves out to thin with their ensuing schedule of playing  probably two,  way superior opponents then Folsom. Last year Spartans had a tough early schedule with no bye weeks and it hurt them, especially when they played Central of Fresno at the end of it. They were really beat up by the time that game was played, and only beat them by 3 td's, a team they would have utterly destroyed at any other time. It was that point differential in that game that gave all the Folsom bandwagoners a bone to think that because Folsom beat Central in D-1 playin game by the same amount ( 3 td's ), that they should now consider themselves the equal to Dela. Rediculous. Two different games entirely. But that is the insanity that exists around , at least on the boards, and we have to hear this nonsense over  and over by fanatics such as you fellow G-6, or whatever name he is going by at the moment. Please,  put all that energy into demanding the reinstatement of the Open playin game, which every one wants anyhow. I think Spartan fans would accept not getting a chance to play in an sbg game, if they did lose to a Folsom or whomever in the Open playin. In fact, that is all they care about in regards to SBG. Open or bust. A SBG D-1 title means nothing to Spartans as of now.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Actually your wrong about it being a bad year. Spartans will be better next season. The whole issue of scheduling Folsom first game of season is ludicrous.

For Folsom, they have nothing to lose playing Spartans at their weakest point in the season. It's no secret that if you have a chance to beat Spartans in Norcal, you have to play them early like Bellermine  or Serra.

The question is, why do the Spartans have to accommodate Folsom and change their planning in how they want to prepare the team, getting ready for two opponents  that could be significantly better than Folsom. Dls can play like shit early on, as they are breaking in new qb, line etc.  T

hey have learned that they need at least one warmup game to get cylinders rolling. Why do they need to risk anything first game of season. What Folsom and their fans should be doing, is demanding a Norcal Open playin game, so that they could meet Spartans in a true championship of North.

I think everyone wants that. Folsom had their chance to keep it that way a few years ago, but they  vehemently protested at having to play Spartans at end of yr., denying them a chance to play in an sbg. As you stated above, Folsom can go out an accept SJB first game of season if they have the nerve.

I suspect Folsom wants only to play in a Win, Win situation against Spartans, while the Spartans have everything to lose, meaning, even if they win the first game of season against Folsom, they may spread themselves out to thin with their ensuing schedule of playing  probably two,  way superior opponents then Folsom.

Last year Spartans had a tough early schedule with no bye weeks and it hurt them, especially when they played Central of Fresno at the end of it. They were really beat up by the time that game was played, and only beat them by 3 td's, a team they would have utterly destroyed at any other time. It was that point differential in that game that gave all the Folsom bandwagoners a bone to think that because Folsom beat Central in D-1 playin game by the same amount ( 3 td's ), that they should now consider themselves the equal to Dela. Rediculous.

Two different games entirely. But that is the insanity that exists around , at least on the boards, and we have to hear this nonsense over  and over by fanatics such as you fellow G-6, or whatever name he is going by at the moment.

Please,  put all that energy into demanding the reinstatement of the Open playin game, which every one wants anyhow. I think Spartan fans would accept not getting a chance to play in an sbg game, if they did lose to a Folsom or whomever in the Open playin. In fact, that is all they care about in regards to SBG. Open or bust. A SBG D-1 title means nothing to Spartans as of now.

Dear member,

Please never again write in block paragraphs.  The above was just brutal to read, so as a courtesy I fixed it for you.

Thank you for your future attention and cooperation in this matter.

-The Comish

PS.  Get an avatar.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

Actually your wrong about it being a bad year. Spartans will be better next season. The whole issue of scheduling Folsom first game of season is ludicrous. For Folsom, they have nothing to lose playing Spartans at their weakest point in the season. It's no secret that if you have a chance to beat Spartans in Norcal, you have to play them early like Bellermine  or Serra. The question is, why do the Spartans have to accommodate Folsom and change their planning in how they want to prepare the team, getting ready for two opponents  that could be significantly better than Folsom. Dls can play like shit early on, as they are breaking in new qb, line etc.  They have learned that they need at least one warmup game to get cylinders rolling. Why do they need to risk anything first game of season. What Folsom and their fans should be doing, is demanding a Norcal Open playin game, so that they could meet Spartans in a true championship of North. I think everyone wants that. Folsom had their chance to keep it that way a few years ago, but they  vehemently protested at having to play Spartans at end of yr., denying them a chance to play in an sbg. As you stated above, Folsom can go out an accept SJB first game of season if they have the nerve. I suspect Folsom wants only to play in a Win, Win situation against Spartans, while the Spartans have everything to lose, meaning, even if they win the first game of season against Folsom, they may spread themselves out to thin with their ensuing schedule of playing  probably two,  way superior opponents then Folsom. Last year Spartans had a tough early schedule with no bye weeks and it hurt them, especially when they played Central of Fresno at the end of it. They were really beat up by the time that game was played, and only beat them by 3 td's, a team they would have utterly destroyed at any other time. It was that point differential in that game that gave all the Folsom bandwagoners a bone to think that because Folsom beat Central in D-1 playin game by the same amount ( 3 td's ), that they should now consider themselves the equal to Dela. Rediculous. Two different games entirely. But that is the insanity that exists around , at least on the boards, and we have to hear this nonsense over  and over by fanatics such as you fellow G-6, or whatever name he is going by at the moment. Please,  put all that energy into demanding the reinstatement of the Open playin game, which every one wants anyhow. I think Spartan fans would accept not getting a chance to play in an sbg game, if they did lose to a Folsom or whomever in the Open playin. In fact, that is all they care about in regards to SBG. Open or bust. A SBG D-1 title means nothing to Spartans as of now.

You really think I read that hideous wall of text? Learn how to use paragraphs next time chief.

18 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

You'll get it. To much truth in there not to read it. Or would rather read your fellow Folsom troll's post that just nauseate everyone ?

Putting paragraph structure aside, it was a good post.  One thing about DLS the past two years is that they have been 1 dimensional and the one dimension has been inconsistent.  

When they played Central, beat up or not, they were as predictable as a team could be.  Central played a great game imo and maybe played above what they normally play and maybe DLS played below but if they played 10x I think this is what we would see.  I think the point difference for DLS and Folsom point difference is a decent indicator +-7 pts or so.  

Imho DLS would have won last year and would beat them next year too if they play.  I think DLS will be much better the next few years.  

• Like 1

On 1/10/2018 at 12:12 PM, ECHS05 said:

DLS goes OOS to play... St. Johns DC & Bishop Gorman NV...

Folsom goes OOS to play.... Coeur d'Alene ID

That should tell you all you need to know about the level these teams are at...

I'm not reading whatever shit show of thread happened past here.

Got dang, if ECH is taking sides with DLS you know you you have no alibi.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, The Comish said:

Dear member,

Please never again write in block paragraphs.  The above was just brutal to read, so as a courtesy I fixed it for you.

Thank you for your future attention and cooperation in this matter.

-The Comish

PS.  Get an avatar.

Totally agree, nice post, but tough read when it's just one paragraph lol

6 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Good points in this post, just hard to see them surrounded by a wall of words lol. Sorry, had to throw a jab in there about the lack of paragraphs. 

Although, I agree that DLS has nothing to gain and everything to lose by taking a game with Folsom, I don't believe DLS refused to switch their schedule to try and protect the NorCal streak or Open bid, but I believe that unless DLS needed the game against Folsom, which they don't, than there is no justifiable reason to switch their schedule around. Folsom on the other hand needs a team like DLS or better on their schedule if they ever want to be considered for an open bowl game. If Folsom got to DLS first than I believe DLS would have taken the game.

DLS is the poster child of a team who will play anyone rather in a good year or bad. I think it's ridiculous to think, (as some poster/s have tried to elude to,) that DLS purposely didn't switch their schedule around to accomadate the date Folsom wanted simply to preserve the NorCal streak or get an open bid.

With all that said, I'm dying to know who Folsom gets on their schedule this year. The suspense is killing me lol :D

• Haha 1

Looks like we know most of the DLS opponents for 2018...

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01/04/de-la-salle-football-no-more-automatic-playoff-berth/

Based on the read and what we know about Central Catholic, DLS has all but one game filled. 

Central Catholic, Bishop Gorman, St. Francis, Bishop O'Dowd, Amador Valley, California, San Ramon Valley, Monte Vista and Foothill 

1 hour ago, PrepGridiron said:

Looks like we know most of the DLS opponents for 2018...

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01/04/de-la-salle-football-no-more-automatic-playoff-berth/

Based on the read and what we know about Central Catholic, DLS has all but one game filled. 

Central Catholic, Bishop Gorman, St. Francis, Bishop O'Dowd, Amador Valley, California, San Ramon Valley, Monte Vista and Foothill 

Outside of BG, that schedule is pretty week. I am assuming they are waiting to announce their OOS game. But without that, DLS homers don't have much to brag about. 

Just now, Pops said:

Says the guy who can claim Couer d’Alene

🙄 

Don't divert the attention @Pops. For all the criticizing you and your cronies do, you guys are fair game too. And that schedule is not as high and mighty as people predicted at all. 

Still puzzling you passed on Folsom to take on mediocre CC. Have fun with that though.