Some California news

Ararar

52 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Their rb got to us in the second half.  The low numbers have hurt Carmel this year.  We had a lead in the first half and were about to get another score when the football Gods said no td for you.  Salinas should be a much easier game at home. 

☺️

How 'bout a friendly bet?  If Salinas wins, you change your avatar to the Salinas logo of my choice for 2 weeks.  If Carmel wins, I'll change my avatar to the Carmel logo of your choice for 3 weeks (sort of a money line, since the Cowboys are the favorites). 

56 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Their rb got to us in the second half.  The low numbers have hurt Carmel this year.  We had a lead in the first half and were about to get another score when the football Gods said no td for you.  Salinas should be a much easier game at home. 

That Palma RB is quite good, though.  He almost got us a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cal 14 said:

☺️

How 'bout a friendly bet?  If Salinas wins, you change your avatar to the Salinas logo of my choice for 2 weeks.  If Carmel wins, I'll change my avatar to the Carmel logo of your choice for 3 weeks (sort of a money line, since the Cowboys are the favorites). 

How many points do I get?

17 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

How many points do I get?

Wow.  You went from "Salinas will be the easier game" to "How many points do I get?" in about 5 seconds flat.  That's gotta be a record of some sort.

You don't like my money line?  3 weeks to 2?  Your concern isn't whether or not Carmel might lose, but rather by how much?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Any news on Trillian Harris? Where did he vanish to?

He is at Colony HS in Ontario.... Someone was posting about him on the OC Board about how he is Better the Costelli at MV and was Never Beaten out by Costelli at MV and posted some of his numbers...

Looks like he finally found a Starting Spot on a Lower Level Team... :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just now, THEOC89 said:

He is at Colony HS in Ontario.... Someone was posting about him on the OC Board about how he is Better the Costelli at MV and was Never Beaten out by Costelli at MV and posted some of his numbers...

Looks like he finally found a Starting Spot on a Lower Level Team... :) 

Thanks for the correction.  Canyon/Colony it’s all the same LOL

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

I think there formula is pretty interesting but still good. They should give a more points to winning league. Also playing good out of area teams doesn’t really factor in. Cen10 beating LBP is more valuable then MD beating St. Francis lol. 

Yeah that makes no sense. They must consider in some ways the first half of the season. 

31 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

I think there formula is pretty interesting but still good. They should give a more points to winning league. Also playing good out of area teams doesn’t really factor in. Cen10 beating LBP is more valuable then MD beating St. Francis lol. 

Ya, agreed. The good thing for MD/SJB/JSerra/Servite is that all 6 Trinity teams are D1/2 whereas most of the other leagues only have 2 or at most (only Mission has more teams with 4).

Not counting quality non-D1/2 wins seems... crazy. I would say this might impact scheduling for future years, but I believe they are trying to move to a model where D1/2 teams aren't determined until after the regular season concludes, at which point it might be challenging for them count "D1/2" wins as a prerequisite... lol.

SDCC is up 35-14 over St. Augustine with 3:33 left.... SDCC’s RB Watson has 4 TD’s...

Tight game at half with Both teams looking good but SDCC just took over in the 2nd Half... They are Big and Physical and remind me of a Southern Section Team...

Even with the loss to Helix, this is one of the most impressive teams I have ever seen from San Diego....

4 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Cen10 up 61-21 over Norco in the 3rd. Sam Farber & Greg Biggins just said Cen10 has had 9 drives and 9 TDs. 3 QBs have each had 3 drives each and each has led 3 drives ending in TDs. LOL, that's absurd.

Have Been watching this game as well tonight, Cen10 Looks really good and #90 has been playing on D and Cen10 has like 6 Sacks on Defense.... 

Norco’s Defense is Bad Though.... Corona Del Mar Could easily put up 40 points on them... They are not very Athletic on Defense is don’t see them Getting past the Quarter Finals in D2....

D1/2 scoores:

Servite 34 - JSerra 21
Calabasas 66 - Newbury Park 7
Murrieta Valley 35 - Great Oak 14
Notre Dame 29 - Loyola 23
San Clemente 36 - Capistrano Valley 14
Rancho Verde 28 - Valley View 14
Sierra Canyon 40 - San Pedro 7
St. John Bosco 63 - Orange Lutheran 6
Long Beach Poly 55 - Compton 6
Rancho Cucamonga 46 - Damien 14
Bishop Amat 20 - Serra 13
Mater Dei 45 - Santa Margarita 0
Temecula Valley 20 - Vista Murrieta 17
Valencia 34 - Golden Valley 0
Upland 42 - Etiwanda 10
Alemany 35 - Chaminade 28 (OT)
Centennial 61 - Norco 23

Oaks Christian - St. Bonaventure (Sat 10/19)

Bonus D3:

Corona del Mar 42 - Fountain Valley 7
Grace Brethren 42 - Thousand Oaks 0

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Have Been watching this game as well tonight, Cen10 Looks really good and #90 has been playing on D and Cen10 has like 6 Sacks on Defense.... 

Norco’s Defense is Bad Though.... Corona Del Mar Could easily put up 40 points on them... They are not very Athletic on Defense is don’t see them Getting past the Quarter Finals in D2....

Yeah, Norco defense is pretty porous.  You could see a big difference in overall team speed between them and Cen10.  

Foreman looked pretty good in his first game back from MCL issue suffered against Cathedral.  

Norco offense only good against bad defenses.  Illingsworth looked pretty average for as highly rated as I’ve seen him by some services.

I expected a closer game.

• Like 1