Some California news

Ararar

1 minute ago, HurricaneNick said:

He’s not smart. Desperately trying to fit in on here while pimping two dog shit teams and institutions. Cries about the playoffs being too difficult. 100% bitch made. 

Btw, kicking myself for not reaching out to you at the Battle at the Beach.  Didn't think I was going to make it, but we ended up being back in town to visit my family (we live in NC), so had time to go last-minute.  My 13 y/o plays for one of the best 7v7 squads in NC and he was on cloud nine watching some of his heroes in person.  Next time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MD87 said:

I'm friends with the AD at Charlotte Vance HS (changed to Julius Chambers HS starting this year) and he said there was some money available from MD to play at MD, but it wasn't enough.  Yes, they would get crushed, but they did finish #27 in HSFA this past season.  Stingy D and a tough, young RB.

Yup. Flying cross-country without national TV dollars ain't easy. Vance is playing at Highland Springs VA on 8/28. Myers Park is also visiting Buford. 

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

Good point. MOV is a great way to compensate for a lack of game totals. If they go undefeated and beat every opponent by 21+points, that'll strengthen their overall resume. 

IMG’s schedule is pretty mediocre, especially since the AHP game doesn’t count.  SFA’s is very impressive. If they run the table and MD/SJB run the table out here it’ll be a close call with good arguments for both teams. As long as we beat the poverty program, SJB, and DLS we’ll be happy over here. 

3 minutes ago, MD87 said:

Btw, kicking myself for not reaching out to you at the Battle at the Beach.  Didn't think I was going to make it, but we ended up being back in town to visit my family (we live in NC), so had time to go last-minute.  My 13 y/o plays for one of the best 7v7 squads in NC and he was on cloud nine watching some of his heroes in person.  Next time.

Yes sir! Looks like you’ll have to move back out here to have your son prep under Rollo! 

Just now, HurricaneNick said:

IMG’s schedule is pretty mediocre, especially since the AHP game doesn’t count.  SFA’s is very impressive. If they run the table and MD/SJB run the table out here it’ll be a close call with good arguments for both teams. As long as we beat the poverty program, SJB, and DLS we’ll be happy over here. 

A #2 finish in the TL will certianly silence the Servite haters here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

All spot on.  IMG only has ONE top 30 (THIRTY!) (SFA #10) game that counts.  MD has SIX: SJB #3 (twice), DVille #15, DLS #17, Servite #21, and Cen10 #29.  And potentially #26 Cathedral Catholic, #42 Sierra Canyon, #51 Alemany, #54 MV  or #57 LosAl in the playoffs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Yes sir! Looks like you’ll have to move back out here to have your son prep under Rollo! 

I wish.  Not sure he's got those kind of chops, though.  There's talent out here, to be sure, but my boy's not MD talent.  (At least not yet.)

• Like 1

Just now, MD87 said:

All spot on.  IMG only has ONE top 30 (THIRTY!) (SFA #10) game that counts.  MD has SIX: SJB #3 (twice), DVille #15, DLS #17, Servite #21, and Cen10 #29.  And potentially #26 Cathedral Catholic, #42 Sierra Canyon, #51 Alemany, #54 MV  or #57 LosAl in the playoffs.

Aquinas schedule is average at best too, SFA is the only real game for them. If Frances runs the table they have an argument for getting the MNC over an undefeated CA state champ. Just don’t see them running the table. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Outside Of a couple MD guys who haven’t developed emotionally or intellectually since 12th grade, most everyone else would like to see Servite finish 2nd.

I mean, y'all have come close to beating SJB a couple times in a row now, so anything's possible.  Not beating MD, though.

3 minutes ago, MD87 said:

You've seen IMGs final 2021 schedule? 

18 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Post it. The one they have on maxpreps is underwhelming. 

You're crazy. It's not that bad! 

Team/Final CP ranking#:

AHP* 44

Verot #843 

Jones #127

SC #295

GC #11

ESL #72 

Auburn #61

SFA #3

Those last four games are awesome! Throw in BS with its 28 D1 recruits on 8/29 (ESPN) and it's a legit schedule by far. 

56 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You're crazy. It's not that bad! 

Team/Final CP ranking#:

AHP* 44

Verot #843 

Jones #127

SC #295

GC #11

ESL #72 

Auburn #61

SFA #3

Those last four games are awesome! Throw in BS with its 28 D1 recruits on 8/29 (ESPN) and it's a legit schedule by far. 

Sfa is not #3 in anyone’s poll. They finished 3 in 2019, it’s 2021 and they’re a completely different team with all the turnover and 5th year seniors(LOL) they’ve added. Frances could have multiple losses by the time the IMG game rolls around. & the AHP game does not count towards IMG’s record. Glorified scrimmage that means nothing. Pretty much a 2 game schedule. I understand it’s tough for them to fill a schedule so no blame on them. Or the promoter 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Sfa is not #3 in anyone’s poll. They finished 3 in 2019, it’s 2021 and they’re a completely different team with all the turnover and 5th year seniors(LOL) they’ve added. Frances could have multiple losses by the time the IMG game rolls around. & the AHP game does not count towards IMG’s record. Glorified scrimmage that means nothing. Pretty much a 2 game schedule. I understand it’s tough for them to fill a schedule so no blame on them. Or the promoter 😉

SFA didn't play in 2020 so I used their 2019 final ranking. We all know they're an elite team annually regardless. 

The * next to AHP means scrimmage. 

IMGs 2021 schedule is one of its best ever. There's no denything this. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SFA didn't play in 2020 so I used their 2019 final ranking. We all know they're an elite team annually regardless. 

Did they not play the number #1 team in the nation in 2018?

Never mind… I just looked at the rest of their 2018 schedule; 2021 is much better.

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

With all due respect, IMG's playing those teams this year, not last year or the year before.  THIS year's IMG schedule has one Top 30 team - one - vs MD's SIX (plus at least one more in the SoCal playoffs).  Does SFA have six Top 30 opponents?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Can happen too, especially if DLS delays the kick-off to say 8:30-9pm PST like MD and MV did. 

There was no kick off delay in the MD game. Another lie from you. Panthers would’ve still gotten dismantled even if the game happened to be in Baltimore. JSerra kicked at 4, MD kicked at 7:30. Just the facts. I was at both games. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1