Some California news

Ararar

3 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

I see 10-0 maybe 9-1 with an L to Sierra Canyon. MV is servite’s dad recently.

28 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

No way they beat Servite this year.  Friars by3 scores 

Agree with Sammy on this, Yes MV beat Servite in a Great Game in 2019 in the playoffs but MV lost alot to graduation and Servite will be at the top of their game…

Really glad this game is happening, it’s great for OC HSFB, but I have Servite by at least 17…🤣

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Agree with Sammy on this, Yes MV beat Servite in a Great Game in 2019 in the playoffs but MV lost alot to graduation and Servite will be at the top of their game…

Really glad this game is happening, it’s great for OC HSFB, but I have Servite by at least 17…🤣

They’ll win but you know I can’t pick them. Chad Johnson is one of the best in the country, he’s going to put up points. I wouldn’t mind if he took over at MD when Rollo retires. Negro and Johnson have bad blood now so it’d be nice to get a little animosity going in the rivalry. Rollo & Negro respect each other or whatever. Smh. If I had to guess now I’d go servite 38 mission viejo 31. Now of course I have no idea how MV is in the trenches so I could be wrong. If it’s a typical MV team I don’t think they lose by more than 10 points. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

They’ll win but you know I can’t pick them. Chad Johnson is one of the best in the country, he’s going to put up points. I wouldn’t mind if he took over at MD when Rollo retires. Negro and Johnson have bad blood now so it’d be nice to get a little animosity going in the rivalry. Rollo & Negro respect each other or whatever. Smh. If I had to guess now I’d go servite 38 mission viejo 31. Now of course I have no idea how MV is in the trenches so I could be wrong. If it’s a typical MV team I don’t think they lose by more than 10 points. 

HA!!!… Wouldn’t expect you feeling any other way about Servite my man, so I totally get that!!!….

Interesting comment on Chad Johnson though and the only reason I say that is I have always expected that Rollie’s Successor would be Dave Money or Logan….

Do you really think that Chad Johnson could be the dude to Succeed  Rollo even though he is not an MD Alum?… The last time they went that way was their “Dark Years”…. 

No doubt a great coach and luv what he is doing at MV , Would MD really go with an “Outsider”….

32 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

HA!!!… Wouldn’t expect you feeling any other way about Servite my man, so I totally get that!!!….

Interesting comment on Chad Johnson though and the only reason I say that is I have always expected that Rollie’s Successor would be Dave Money or Logan….

Do you really think that Chad Johnson could be the dude to Succeed  Rollo even though he is not an MD Alum?… The last time they went that way was their “Dark Years”…. 

No doubt a great coach and luv what he is doing at MV , Would MD really go with an “Outsider”….

Tough call. Chad is phenomenal and is certainly a TL caliber head coach but don’t think he has much of a chance taking over at MD. Wouldn’t mind it but don’t see it happening. He gave MD plenty of headaches while he was the OC at bosco. (We won’t forget) I spent basically every day for 3 years with Money & I don’t know if he’d want the “CEO” role of MD football that comes with being the HC. He eat, sleeps, & breathes the O. Rollo deals with a ton of stuff that isn’t related to the X’s & O’s. Money is 125% invested in the offense and is the best in the biz, but don’t know if he’d be willing to take on the extra headache. I’ll ask him Saturday at Battle at the beach Lol. I could see it going to Logan. He’s proven and coached under Rollo briefly. Lenny vandermade would also be on the short list if he wanted it. He’s an alum, has TL coaching experience, and is on the USC staff now. The Trojans would love to have Lenny feeding them studs from MD. Thankfully we don’t have to worry about this for another 3-4 years. We definitely have to keep key assistants on the staff like Taylor Kelly, Money, & Pat Dubar. (Don’t think EJ will be around much longer when Rollo walks away) Those guys are crucial to the program & that will definitely be in consideration when MD hires somebody else. 

• Like 1

We will definitely know how good some teams are this upcoming season. There are a lot of good matchups between the top 7-8 teams in SoCal 

MD plays 3 teams in top 7 

Bosco plays 2 teams in top 7 

Servite plays 3 teams in top 7 

MV plays 3 teams in top 7 

Cen10 plays 3 teams in top 7 

SC plays 3 teams in the top 7 

LB Poly plays 2 teams in top 7

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Lenny vandermade would also be on the short list if he wanted it. 

Current thinking is that Lenny is at the top of the list. I totally agree that the head coach is the CEO but what matters is the cumulative staff. I don't see EJ coaching much longer either. Who knows whether Money hangs it up also when Rollo retires. We need to retain and hire young and innovative coaches that relate to today's kids. 

• Like 1

There are some great matchups between the top 7-8 teams in SoCal 

Can’t wait for season in a month or so! 

23 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

Servite schedule?

Reported in a few places:

8/20 @ Amat

8/27 vs Mission Viejo

9/3 Crespi

9/10 Bye

9/17 @ Sierra Canyon

9/24 Helix

10/1 vs Orange Lutheran

10/8 vs. Santa Margarita

10/15 vs. J Serra

10/22 @ Mater Dei

10/29 @ SJ Bosco

I don't know if the Crespi and Helix games are home or away.

Crespi home, Helix road

8 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Thank you...that was my guess also.

9 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Servite schedule?

8/20 @ Amat

8/27 vs Mission Viejo

9/3 Crespi

9/10 Bye

9/17 @ Sierra Canyon

9/24 Helix

10/1 vs Orange Lutheran

10/8 vs. Santa Margarita

10/15 vs. J Serra

10/22 @ Mater Dei

10/29 @ SJ Bosco

Fortunately or unfortunately,  During this process a lot of teams in the Western US got exposed as being the pu$$use they are. 

After all is said and done this is still most likely  a good (Top 20) Tier 1/2 schedule.

40% of opponents will start the season in the National Top 100  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

There are some great matchups between the top 7-8 teams in SoCal 

Can’t wait for season in a month or so! 

Hopefully we get a good Prep Zone schedule out of those games. 

Which squads are the Top 7 teams?  Going by the “MaxPreps Preseason Top 100”, the SoCal Rankings from that list would look like this...

1. Mater Dei
  2. Bosco
  3. Servite
  4. Corona Centennial (Lost to Norco in Spring)
  5. Sierra Canyon
  6. Alemany (Lost to Chaminade in Spring)
  7. Mission Viejo (Lost to San Clemente in Spring)
  8. Los Al
  9. Long Beach Poly

Next in line would be...San Clemente? Loyola? Serra? Chaminade? Oaks Christian? 

Looking at Calpreps Rankings...

1. Mater Dei
  2. Bosco
  3. Servite 
  4. Sierra Canyon 
  5. Los Al
  6. Loyola
  7. Mission Viejo
  8. Oaks Christian 
  9. Alemany 
  10. Orange Lutheran 

Feels like we just wrapped up a season and now we’re one month out from helmets and pads again. Football really is nonstop this year. 

Not that there is anything wrong with that!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Servite schedule?

8/20 @ Amat

8/27 vs Mission Viejo

9/3 Crespi

9/10 Bye

9/17 @ Sierra Canyon

9/24 Helix

10/1 vs Orange Lutheran

10/8 vs. Santa Margarita

10/15 vs. J Serra

10/22 @ Mater Dei

10/29 @ SJ Bosco

Good looking schedule for Servite. Glad Amat stepped up to fill in the 10th game. 

Hopefully Troy Thomas takes it easy on his Crespi Celts. That score could get ugly fast.

Only entertaining part...The Celts should come out of the locker room with Bag Pipes, just so folks remember which school started the tradition. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/3/2021 at 10:11 AM, 1901VeniceCub said:

Good looking schedule for Servite. Glad Amat stepped up to fill in the 10th game. 

Hopefully Troy Thomas takes it easy on his Crespi Celts. That score could get ugly fast.

Only entertaining part...The Celts should come out of the locker room with Bag Pipes, just so folks remember which school started the tradition. 

Next season TT will win as many game against Crespi and he coaching Crespi his last year there…

1-10

On 2/12/2018 at 8:55 PM, Ararar said:

ISB was filled up with GA best 🤷🏽‍♂️

Hey BOZO, we played ISB as a last minute fill in, when NATIONALLY RANKED COCOA BACKED OUT! SAME as when East St. Louis at the last minute after we'd blown out one of their opponents, Trinity Catholic! The ONLY Northern team to EVER trek to the DEEP SOUTH!

On 2/14/2018 at 11:52 PM, Gospeeder said:

The money is starting to take over hs football at the higher levels and it is slowly eroding any emotional attachment ( at least for me ). This was the first year I did not "give a damm" about the CIF finals as the open result was pretty much a given.

THAT'S what's happened at Marietta and Grayson, where they are LUCKY to draw 1500 fans on the home side!

• Thanks 1

On 7/3/2021 at 12:53 PM, 1901VeniceCub said:

Hopefully we get a good Prep Zone schedule out of those games. 

Which squads are the Top 7 teams?  Going by the “MaxPreps Preseason Top 100”, the SoCal Rankings from that list would look like this...

1. Mater Dei
  2. Bosco
  3. Servite
  4. Corona Centennial (Lost to Norco in Spring)
  5. Sierra Canyon
  6. Alemany (Lost to Chaminade in Spring)
  7. Mission Viejo (Lost to San Clemente in Spring)
  8. Los Al
  9. Long Beach Poly

Next in line would be...San Clemente? Loyola? Serra? Chaminade? Oaks Christian? 

Looking at Calpreps Rankings...

1. Mater Dei
  2. Bosco
  3. Servite 
  4. Sierra Canyon 
  5. Los Al
  6. Loyola
  7. Mission Viejo
  8. Oaks Christian 
  9. Alemany 
  10. Orange Lutheran 

Feels like we just wrapped up a season and now we’re one month out from helmets and pads again. Football really is nonstop this year. 

Not that there is anything wrong with that!

OH WAIT, didn't that REALLY HAPPEN?😂

1 hour ago, Old Rabid One said:

Hey BOZO, we played ISB as a last minute fill in, when NATIONALLY RANKED COCOA BACKED OUT! SAME as when East St. Louis at the last minute after we'd blown out one of their opponents, Trinity Catholic! The ONLY Northern team to EVER trek to the DEEP SOUTH!

Did somebody just wake you up grandpa 😂 good lord you commented on something from 3 and half years ago😂

• Haha 6

USC is hot on the recruiting trail, especially OOS. Things are looking shaky with the top in state talent. If signing day were today CJ Williams signs with ND & Tmac goes to Zona. SC has to keep those guys here, and fight off Nick Saban for Domani. Anybody else really missing the Pete Carroll days? 😂

D26B6AAB-2E41-45B2-B4D5-607B56DC95F1.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2