Folsom losing their coach

Rippers

32 minutes ago, LT4Spartan06 said:

Looks like they are also losing their OC and DC

24 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Definitely will be tough to lose the HC. DC and OC.

If course, depending on the HC hire, that coach may have wanted to replace them anyway.

Aside from Taylor, who was obviously already gone, Folsom is losing 4 more coaches. Not just 3.

They are losing Richardson (HC), Fresques (OC), Cole (DC) and Chris Parry, the RB coach. Parry will be a a recruiting coordinator for Sac State.

I, for one, am a bit surprised by the amount of movement. I thought all along that Taylor would bring over Bobby Fresques, a former Sac State QB and part of Taylor's passing academy. But I thought he'd largely go with more experienced coaches out of the gate. I'm really surprised he gave Richardson the title of assistant head coach, even though I know they are good, good friends. It's going to be interesting to see how this all plays out. As a local hoping for decades for Sac State to develop into a winning program, I'll be rooting for them to succeed.

As for Folsom, the early speculation is that Paul Doherty, the current strength and conditioning coach, might get the gig. Doherty is an experienced head coach that did well at Sac High and Whitney until having to step down due to repeated practice violations several years ago. But he's known around the area as a very talented coach and spent the past year or so in Folsom's system.

Considering all the coaching movement, I wonder if Folsom's return game against DLS will still happen? You gotta believe whatever chance they had at competing against the Spartans next season just went bye bye. I wonder if both schools might look to cancel?

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Aside from Taylor, who was obviously already gone, Folsom is losing 4 more coaches. Not just 3.

They are losing Richardson (HC), Fresques (OC), Cole (DC) and Chris Parry, the RB coach. Parry will be a a recruiting coordinator for Sac State.

I, for one, am a bit surprised by the amount of movement. I thought all along that Taylor would bring over Bobby Fresques, a former Sac State QB and part of Taylor's passing academy. But I thought he'd largely go with more experienced coaches out of the gate. I'm really surprised he gave Richardson the title of assistant head coach, even though I know they are good, good friends. It's going to be interesting to see how this all plays out. As a local hoping for decades for Sac State to develop into a winning program, I'll be rooting for them to succeed.

As for Folsom, the early speculation is that Paul Doherty, the current strength and conditioning coach, might get the gig. Doherty is an experienced head coach that did well at Sac High and Whitney until having to step down due to repeated practice violations several years ago. But he's known around the area as a very talented coach and spent the past year or so in Folsom's system.

Considering all the coaching movement, I wonder if Folsom's return game against DLS will still happen? You gotta believe whatever chance they had at competing against the Spartans next season just went bye bye. I wonder if both schools might look to cancel?

Dip shit block, a good time to hide instead comment. LOL!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

I'll vouch for you on this.  You did.

Kind of a bummer if you ask me.  While I find Sammy funny, I like what they built and what they do at Folsom, and it will be a shame if it backslides...

Right?  It's not as if NorCal is overflowing with great teams.  As much grief we give Folsom on here It was good that there was more than DLS from the north.  

Hey brother, have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and all that.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

And the Reno transfer pipeline will be shut down soon. 

Reed High School was the dominant public school in northern Nevada when coach Ernie Howren was at the helm. He moved to Bishop Manogue in 2017 and led the Miners to the state title game in 2018. Being at a private school now and bringing a winning culture to this campus will attract more talent. 

• Like 1