Folsom losing their coach

Rippers

2 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Considering all the coaching movement, I wonder if Folsom's return game against DLS will still happen? You gotta believe whatever chance they had at competing against the Spartans next season just went bye bye. I wonder if both schools might look to cancel?

Why would both look to cancel?  To me, it’s all up to Folsom. If they feel like they would be outmatched and don’t want to suffer the same way many of their opponents do, then fine, beg out but expect a supersized ration of shame.  

If Folsom were to beg out, then I wouldn’t blame DLS if the door was shut forever, no matter how good Folsom may get again.

However, I hope they go on with the game as planned.  I can’t imagine every other team on DLS schedule is a more worthy match next year.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

They've built a program, so I'm sure there are folks in the ranks to fill up, but if they lose all three I have to believe there will be some early growing pains as they adjust.

My guess is that Paul Dougherty, who has a great offensive mind, will be the head coach.  The biggest loss is Defensive Coordinator Sam Cole.  Having known him since his Jr. Bulldog days, I’m happy for him.  They’re coming back with a great new qb, and two 4-5 star skill players, as well as some solid D1AA, mid major type players.  The second teamers played two quarters for most games this year.  They’ll be fine.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, On2whls said:

Why would both look to cancel?  To me, it’s all up to Folsom. If they feel like they would be outmatched and don’t want to suffer the same way many of their opponents do, then fine, beg out but expect a supersized ration of shame.  

If Folsom were to beg out, then I wouldn’t blame DLS if the door was shut forever, no matter how good Folsom may get again.

However, I hope they go on with the game as planned.  I can’t imagine every other team on DLS schedule is a more worthy match next year.

3 hours ago, DogPile said:

My guess is that Paul Dougherty, who has a great offensive mind, will be the head coach.  The biggest loss is Defensive Coordinator Sam Cole.  Having known him since his Jr. Bulldog days, I’m happy for him.  They’re coming back with a great new qb, and two 4-5 star skill players, as well as some solid D1AA, mid major type players.  The second teamers played two quarters for most games this year.  They’ll be fine.

Exactly 

I don’t think any of those coaches played a down last year 

8 hours ago, On2whls said:

Why would both look to cancel? 

Folsom will be turning over nearly their entire coaching staff and essentially starting anew. DLS pretty much only seeks out games against what they expect to be top level competition in a given season. Folsom qualified as that this season. And with Ngata, Badger, some other starters and a full coaching staff returning, would likely still be considered as such.

But now it can't possibly be the same. I could see both schools wanting out for that reason. DLS wanting a stronger opponent and Folsom's new staff not wanting to start out with an opponent at DLS level.

I'm not saying it will happen but rather spit-balling and posing an honest question.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

what's currently on the every 3* & 4* Folsom player's phone...

1 hour ago, NorCalRuss said:

The need to go about 35 more miles south. CC Modesto is better than St Mary’s... 😂

56 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Capital Christian and Jesuit are my guesses for the beneficiaries of this change

I think Prep is on the right track. Not so much Jesuit, who still plays home games on Saturdays, but Capital Christian.

With Casey Taylor leading the program, I already felt that he'd start drawing talent away from Folsom over time regardless of the coaching movement. But I think that timeline just got accelerated. Capital had a great 2nd season under Taylor nearly advancing to State and are on the rise. Their admin dept. wants to build the best football program in the area and are committed to it. IMO it's only a matter of time.

I think Oak Ridge could benefit too. Maybe even Del Oro.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

I think Prep is on the right track. Not so much Jesuit, who still plays home games on Saturdays, but Capital Christian.

With Casey Taylor leading the program, I already felt that he'd start drawing talent away from Folsom over time regardless of the coaching movement. But I think that timeline just got accelerated. Capital had a great 2nd season under Taylor nearly advancing to State and are on the rise. Their admin dept. wants to build the best football program in the area and are committed to it. IMO it's only a matter of time.

I think Oak Ridge could benefit too. Maybe even Del Oro.

With the right hire Christian Brothers could position themselves and benefit as well.

• Like 1