Folsom losing their coach

Rippers

6 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Folsom will be turning over nearly their entire coaching staff and essentially starting anew. DLS pretty much only seeks out games against what they expect to be top level competition in a given season. Folsom qualified as that this season. And with Ngata, Badger, some other starters and a full coaching staff returning, would likely still be considered as such.

But now it can't possibly be the same. I could see both schools wanting out for that reason. DLS wanting a stronger opponent and Folsom's new staff not wanting to start out with an opponent at DLS level.

I'm not saying it will happen but rather spit-balling and posing an honest question.

Everyone wondered the same sentiments when Lad stepped down. Folsom  will be really good again. Why would anyone think the game should be canceled, except  if they  go back to the SBG Open playin game.

17 hours ago, On2whls said:

I thought I remembered someone posting that Block may have graduated from or have some other affiliation with Sac State such as as a stat boy or something like that.  

According to CR’s, I mean Blockheads twitter page, he’s the “officals replay review tech” at Sac State.. Blockhead thinks he’s anonymous on here and other forums but he’s not.  

• Haha 1

This thread is being blown a little out of proportion. Yes this is a huge loss for Folsom and congrats to all of their coaches for the promotion. But if Folsom’s star players decide to stay, they’re still going to be the 2nd best team in NorCal next season. If Ngata or Badger transfer, then I see the wheels falling off with others following. 

I agree with prep that Cap Christian has the ability to make some moves right now. Should be an interesting offseason in the SJS. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, On2whls said:

Why would both look to cancel?  To me, it’s all up to Folsom. If they feel like they would be outmatched and don’t want to suffer the same way many of their opponents do, then fine, beg out but expect a supersized ration of shame.  

If Folsom were to beg out, then I wouldn’t blame DLS if the door was shut forever, no matter how good Folsom may get again.

However, I hope they go on with the game as planned.  I can’t imagine every other team on DLS schedule is a more worthy match next year.

Agreed. What a horrible example that would set for current Folsom players if they back out of this game with DLS. It’s a life lesson either way...win or lose.  Face your challenges and deal with it.  Can you imagine Centennial canceling a game if Logan or other coaches left (God forbid that ever happens, knock on wood, throw salt over my shoulder, etc.).  Cancelling a game because of coaching changes would never happen among any of the top So Cal programs.  It would never even be a discussion topic. I’d be embarrassed for Folsom if they cancelled the game with DLS. 

On 12/21/2018 at 2:24 PM, Rippers said:

You really think the folks over at Winton Drive aren't sitting there licking their chops right now over this?

Folsom will have to beg to cancel this game. Sparty, who’da won anyways, is going to now embarrass Folsom on that lame ass blue field in front of their fans who actually think that they’ve actually won state championships. 

That said, I can only hope that it happens since I’ve lived in Folsom for years and yet to have been to a game. I usually drive the 90 min to watch DLS.  I was hoping that’d change next year, though. But there’s always 2014 to hang their hats on🤣

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Folsom will have to beg to cancel this game. Sparty, who’da won anyways, is going to now embarrass Folsom on that lame ass blue field in front of their fans who actually think that they’ve actually won state championships. 

That said, I can only hope that it happens since I’ve lived in Folsom for years and yet to have been to a game. I usually drive the 90 min to watch DLS.  I was hoping that’d change next year, though. But there’s always 2014 to hang their hats on🤣

Ha!!!... Was it the Double IPA’s we were drinking Or My Constsnt making fun of Richardson that got you fired up?...🤣🤣🤣

Something is defiantly amiss in Paper Tiger land... Why do all the coaches leave a top program like that all at once???... 

Thank you for all the info on DLS, Your knowledge about the players is second to none and the future is bright!!!.... Glad we were able to get together Brother!!!!... and again, AWESOME post....🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

How much do you think public high school coaches make? The answer is obvious lol

I have no Clue how much they make or how much a coach at Sac State makes....

I do know that Matt Logan at “The Real CC” is a Legendary public school coach who has never left for a Low Level College Gig.... And How about the Great Bob Johnson from Mission Viejo?.... 

I just don’t think the Whole staff Bolts with so much talent coming back unless there is a problem or lack of confidence in what they are doing and if they can maintain their Success....

Who knows, Maybe Ricardson got word the road to a bowl game goes through DLS next year....

We all know That Dude wants none of that....🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Ha!!!... Was it the Double IPA’s we were drinking Or My Constsnt making fun of Richardson that got you fired up?...🤣🤣🤣

Something is defiantly amiss in Paper Tiger land... Why do all the coaches leave a top program like that all at once???... 

Thank you for all the info on DLS, Your knowledge about the players is second to none and the future is bright!!!.... Glad we were able to get together Brother!!!!... and again, AWESOME post....🤣🤣🤣

Lol!🤣 

Yeah. It’s those double IPAs! I mighta been a little hard on the blue tufrers.They’ll do it every time. It was good to see ya. I like it when we time it right and get to talk HSFb over some cold ones. That’s what it’s all about as we put on a few pounds and click off a few years.

I have a couple of really good memories from this season. Obviously, week 0 with you, Citizen, 15 yards, Russ, PGA, and a few others ( forgive me)....all looking for Block at Rocco’s was the best! Good stuff!

Yes. As we talked about, DLS has a good future despite the turnover. I always appreciate your honest and candid take on the SoCal scene. It’s gonna take the stars really aligning for Sparty to beat SoCal. But as we talked about, the SoCal hsfb ecosystem is potentially pretty fragile. DLS will always do what dls does.

We’ll catch some passing leagues over the summer. Dorian will be fun to watch. If DLS/Folsom still happens, BBQ at my house prior. Peace bro.

Block, you’re invited too. Seriously. 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Lol!🤣 

Yeah. It’s those double IPAs! I mighta been a little hard on blue tufrers.They’ll do it every time. It was good to see ya. I like it when we time it right and get to talk HSFb over some cold ones. That’s what it’s all about as we put on a few pounds and click off a few years.

I have a couple of really good memories from this season. Obviously, week 0 with you, Citizen, 15 yards, Russ, PGA, and a few others ( forgive me)....all looking for Block at Rocco’s was the best! Good stuff!

Yes. As we talked about, DLS has a good future despite the turnover. I always appreciate your honest and candid take on the SoCal scene. It’s gonna take the stars really aligning for Sparty to beat SoCal. But as we talked about, the SoCal hsfb ecosystem is potentially pretty fragile. DLS will always do what dls does.

We’ll catch some passing leagues over the summer. Dorian will be fun to watch. If DLS/Folsom still happens, BBQ at my house prior. Peace bro.

Block, you’re invited too. Seriously. 👍

Don’t forget @PrepGridiron holding on to the railing for dear life and cussing out the refs at the end of the DLS-BG game....🤣🤣🤣

I am kidding of course Prep... you were not cussing...🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Don’t forget @PrepGridiron holding on to the railing for dear life and cussing out the refs at the end of the DLS-BG game....🤣🤣🤣

I am kidding of course Prep... you were not cussing...🤣🤣🤣

Haha! That’s right!!! Prep!!

Prep.....got the “D- Fense” chant going at the Double-O!!!! Highly likely unprecedented. Seriously. We’ll have to check the tape for review. The fans were looking around at us thinking ....what the hell is this chant thing?! I dunno, but let’s go along! Awesome!!! 😎

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I have no Clue how much they make or how much a coach at Sac State makes....

I do know that Matt Logan at “The Real CC” is a Legendary public school coach who has never left for a Low Level College Gig.... And How about the Great Bob Johnson from Mission Viejo?.... 

I just don’t think the Whole staff Bolts with so much talent coming back unless there is a problem or lack of confidence in what they are doing and if they can maintain their Success....

Who knows, Maybe Ricardson got word the road to a bowl game goes through DLS next year....

We all know That Dude wants none of that....🙂

You’re reaching. All of the coaches just got promotions. It’s that simple. College salary>public hs salary. It’s a no brainer for most people with families. 

18 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Everyone wondered the same sentiments when Lad stepped down. Folsom  will be really good again. Why would anyone think the game should be canceled, except  if they  go back to the SBG Open playin game.

But Lad was one coach. And he stayed on staff. This is completely different. 2 Co-Head Coaches, the OC and DC and RB coach all gone. 

I don’t care what anyone says, but if DLS had lost Lad, Edison, and Alumbaugh and some other important positional coach off the staff completely back in 2013, they wouldn’t have been near the same. But they really didn’t lose anyone, just shuffled responsibilities around and the system was same as it ever was.

Lastly, I’m not at all suggesting the game should be cancelled, just wondering if this drastic change in circumstance might have either program changing their mind. I would hate to see that happen, of course.

18 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

This thread is being blown a little out of proportion. Yes this is a huge loss for Folsom and congrats to all of their coaches for the promotion. But if Folsom’s star players decide to stay, they’re still going to be the 2nd best team in NorCal next season. If Ngata or Badger transfer, then I see the wheels falling off with others following. 

I agree that, for next season, they’ll still have a lot of talent. I wouldn’t expect either of those guys to transfer, as you said. They’ll be good. But losing Joe Ngata, Kaiden Bennett and the entire top of the coaching staff will have a huge effect. And they have a below average JV class (by Folsom standards) moving up. There’s just no way they’ll be as good as they would have been with those coaches still in place.

The larger effect plays out beyond next season. With all those coaches gone, Folsom isn’t likely to attract front running players to the program as they did previously. They have a very good youth system and, like Del Oro, will still be good. Just not the level of good they were under the old regime IMO.  But we’ll see I guess.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

You’re reaching. All of the coaches just got promotions. It’s that simple. College salary>public hs salary. It’s a no brainer for most people with families. 

Lmao u act like he’s going to be the Head Coach at Alabama 

dude took an assistant job at some community college called Sac State

dude would’ve took anything to get out of that dumpster fire

• Haha 1

On 12/23/2018 at 2:19 AM, ThunderRam said:

But Lad was one coach. And he stayed on staff. This is completely different. 2 Co-Head Coaches, the OC and DC and RB coach all gone. 

I don’t care what anyone says, but if DLS had lost Lad, Edison, and Alumbaugh and some other important positional coach off the staff completely back in 2013, they wouldn’t have been near the same. But they really didn’t lose anyone, just shuffled responsibilities around and the system was same as it ever was.

Lastly, I’m not at all suggesting the game should be cancelled, just wondering if this drastic change in circumstance might have either program changing their mind. I would hate to see that happen, of course.

On a side note, what do you think of Ohio St ? What a disappointment they must be feeling with all the potential they had. I think they should have got the nod over Oklahoma.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

On a side note, what do you think of Ohio St ? What a disappointment they must be feeling with all the potential they had. I think they should have got the nod over Oklahoma.  

Me too. I believe they are a better all-around team and are playing better this time of year. But I understand why they didn’t get in. The Purdue loss was inexcusable, which is why I haven’t complained publicly.

While I hate losing Urban Meyer, I’m optimistic that the machine will continue rolling along since the system he created will still be in place. Day seems like a smart guy and if they do well next season, I think they’ll still recruit well. That’s my hope, anyway!