May as Well Get This Out There... (Colquitt News)

HawgGoneIt

4 minutes ago, Woodchopper said:

A bunch of them are. They just are not here posting on the boards for you to see.

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, I can't speak for anyone else really, but, there's a few around. 

I'd say I've been speaking up by trying to beat back rumors. Around town the haters were certainly running in the streets naked for the first couple of days while the supporters and others were just sort of in shock I guess and in wait and see mode maybe. Idk.

He is a very successful high school football coach, and has brought a lot of notoriety to the Packers. The numerous Colquitt posters on this board have been able to enjoy quite a ride with Rush at the helm. Obviously, not unlike other instances around the country where some have felt their high school coaches have gotten a little too big for their britches, there is a similar element in Moultrie. In the grand scheme of things, do the majority of locals not give a hoot about football, or are the detractors a minority in town (albeit an influential minority)?

11 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

He is a very successful high school football coach, and has brought a lot of notoriety to the Packers. The numerous Colquitt posters on this board have been able to enjoy quite a ride with Rush at the helm. Obviously, not unlike other instances around the country where some have felt their high school coaches have gotten a little too big for their britches, there is a similar element in Moultrie. In the grand scheme of things, do the majority of locals not give a hoot about football, or are the detractors a minority in town (albeit an influential minority)?

Not to speak for the fine people of Moultrie, but I gather that it’s about a 50/50 split. The issue, again from my trying to read the tea leaves, is that some of the detractors or “old money” (their term) and carry a lot of weight down there. 

Ive asked many times, when I see them say “small town politics”, if these people are actual politicians or just local yokels? I’ve yet to get an answer.

In my daily ventures I encounter people on both sides of the fence. The majority i talk to support the football team AND Rush. Even though they may not personally like him the do support him. The minority may scream, kick and holler louder at times. I seen Rush out and about yesterday. If he has done nothing wrong then I hope that he will be back in his office soon tending to Packer business. The Packer program has a solid foundation for future coaches so no excuses going forward.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Woodchopper said:

In my daily ventures I encounter people on both sides of the fence. The majority i talk to support the football team AND Rush. Even though they may not personally like him the do support him. The minority may scream, kick and holler louder at times. I seen Rush out and about yesterday. If he has done nothing wrong then I hope that he will be back in his office soon tending to Packer business. The Packer program has a solid foundation for future coaches so no excuses going forward.

Pretty much my same take. 

He's beem under atrack from the detractors so much for so long that the supporters just kind of ignore it mostly and keep their nose to.the grind stone to do what it takes to make the program go. 

Occasionally something like this arises where it appears to be a much more critical "attack" so the need to speak up, defend, get out in front of, or whatever else may arise. 

7 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Not to speak for the fine people of Moultrie, but I gather that it’s about a 50/50 split. The issue, again from my trying to read the tea leaves, is that some of the detractors or “old money” (their term) and carry a lot of weight down there. 

Ive asked many times, when I see them say “small town politics”, if these people are actual politicians or just local yokels? I’ve yet to get an answer.

They're not politicians. 

The politicians don't have time to launch a witch Hunt over nothing... 

And calling em your yokels is too generous.... 

They're Jokes... 

Nobodies trying to make noise... 

35 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Then you probably shouldn't speak for them. I've seen you go back and forth on the vent and here like a jack rabbit. Slow down a bit and take a breath. You have got that pot stirred enough. Go do some dishes.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Here dude. I'll give you a hot take. 

Totally just my own opinion, and it can be applied to just about all politicians and things everywhere...

Politicians are just the faces of the real people in power. Full stop. 

Sometimes they make missteps and get thrown away like used tissue. Sometimes they manage to navigate the mine fields and skyrocket to the top. 

When we say small town politics, we usually mean the old guys sitting around in the coffee shops or small diners chewing the fat. Some of them may be literally politicians, some of them may own politicians, some of them just like to be in the know or the cutting edge of stuff. It all boils down to small town politics though. 

16 minutes ago, Woodchopper said:

Then you probably shouldn't speak for them. I've seen you go back and forth on the vent and here like a jack rabbit. Slow down a bit and take a breathe. You have got that pot stirred enough. Go do some dishes.

I’m good. Literally the guy from Sears just left after fixing the dishwasher not five minutes ago. 

If my information was wrong, please feel free to correct me. Been married 19 years, so I’m accustomed to being wrong. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Here dude. I'll give you a hot take. 

Totally just my own opinion, and it can be applied to just about all politicians and things everywhere...

Politicians are just the faces of the real people in power. Full stop. 

Sometimes they make missteps and get thrown away like used tissue. Sometimes they manage to navigate the mine fields and skyrocket to the top. 

When we say small town politics, we usually mean the old guys sitting around in the coffee shops or small diners chewing the fat. Some of them may be literally politicians, some of them may own politicians, some of them just like to be in the know or the cutting edge of stuff. It all boils down to small town politics though. 

I figured as much, but wasn’t sure. I mean, if it were actual elected officials it would take on a different meaning for most. At least I think it would. 

I just laugh at hinking about good old well to do southern boys at the barbershop or local diner, huddled together and deciding who they’re gonna mess with today.

a successful outsider is a perfect target. Especially one that seems to be a lightning rod for attention. 

Next time we head to Florida I’m gonna make it a point to detour off 75 and try to have a meal with some cc people. Usually we just stop at the Chick Fil A right off the exit and keep rollin’. 

2 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I’m good. Literally the guy from Sears just left after fixing the dishwasher not five minutes ago. 

If my information was wrong, please feel free to correct me. Been married 19 years, so I’m accustomed to being wrong. 

Im not saying your wrong. I just hope you're this active on the boards when this story goes away.😉

f27ea0d6d75b2376380ee7a542307eb2.jpg

• Like 2

Usually am on the local but not the National as much, for obvious reasons. If you’re on both you should know that. I certainly will come here more moving forward. People here are a little more tolerable and less defensive. 

Getting an an outsiders perspective is sometimes a good change of pace. Especially because I have connections to two states HS Football. 

2 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Usually am on the local but not the National as much, for obvious reasons. If you’re on both you should know that. I certainly will come here more moving forward. People here are a little more tolerable and less defensive. 

Getting an an outsiders perspective is sometimes a good change of pace. Especially because I have connections to two states HS Football. 

That's because Rab has moved to greener pastures. Wait til football season. It gets a little rowdy. Merietta got plenty of air time last year.

My man Rab. He’s been there. This morning he said he was going to try to come out to the St Joseph’s game. I hope that he does! Be cool to put some faces with names. 

I’d make sure he got the VIP treatment and  would be happy to take him to the Square before or after the game for a drink or two. 

1 minute ago, Sweetlarry said:

My man Rab. He’s been there. This morning he said he was going to try to come out to the St Joseph’s game. I hope that he does! Be cool to put some faces with names. 

I’d make sure he got the VIP treatment and  would be happy to take him to the Square before or after the game for a drink or two. 

I'm talking about the national board. He has  made many friends here.😁 been banned a couple times. 

14 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Maybe. So let's say that's it. 

Which coaches? Why is Rush the only one on paid leave? If they know a coach or coaches or staff is doing these things, why only Rush on suspension? The whole staff should be on suspension if they know someone is doing something but don't know exactly who but kmow for a fact someone is... No? 

I haven't heard about any other coaches on suspension. No rumors that direction. 

Also, and above all else... Why has Rush not already tendered his resignation if they truly have something on him?  

It just makes sense to go ahead and resign if you have done something and they can dig it up. Get it out of the way you know.

He (Rush) seems hunkered down without a whole lot of vocal friends to me. Why do that if you know they have something on you? 

Forgive me for not being a buyer on any of the rumors that I've seen or heard so far. Regardless of the people that have told them, repeated them or have had their name thrust upon them unknowingly.

Won't all the answers to your questions come out in the investigation?  Its only been a few days.  I am sure the school wants to make sure they do a thorough investigation before calling the cops or what have you.  Especially if its something this big  Let it play out and answers will be given.  They don't want to go all crazy and tell the media everything, before they find out if its true. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Won't all the answers to your questions come out in the investigation?  Its only been a few days.  I am sure the school wants to make sure they do a thorough investigation before calling the cops or what have you.  Especially if its something this big  Let it play out and answers will be given.  They don't want to go all crazy and tell the media everything, before they find out if its true. 

Exactly. The answers should all be forthcoming. 

I figured common sense questions of the rumors may be a bit like a fire extinguisher. At the minimum it should make people think twice about retweeting or sharing the rumors if they stop to think about them for a moment. 

26 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

so the press got it wrong... it's not personnel issues but personal issues.... 🙄

Where's this coming from?

I sure hope they aren't trying to shift the story that way after the initial statement. 

What's the superintendant going to say? "They misunderstood what I said. I said personal and they heard personnel."?

Shit's gonna get ugly down south if that type stuff starts happening. xD

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I guess you have to be in the "loop" to even catch a quality rumor. xD

I have no clue to what's going on, but it's not my place to know really.

The rumors kind of dried up now. 

Nobody that really knows anything is talking. The kids are sick of being harrassed about it if you can imagine that. 

People all over town see a player and immediately ask what's going on with this rather than how they're doing. If they're working out or planning for any camps. That type stuff. 

Instead they wanna know about Rush. 

Poor kids. 

• Like 1