DJ may have been right about 2013 Allen

Sammyswordsman

There was much debate in 2013 about the MNC, with the polls splitting between Allen, SJB, and I believe BTW.  Now that Kyler Murray was selected #1 in the draft, and Rosen was traded to some other team, mayb'e Allen would have won vs. SJB that year.  I certainly gave DJ alot of sh*t about his support for Allen.  Mayb'e I was wrooo.......wrooon...........wro......Mayb'e there was more to the debate than we thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

There was much debate in 2013 about the MNC, with the polls splitting between Allen, SJB, and I believe BTW.  Now that Kyler Murray was selected #1 in the draft, and Rosen was traded to some other team, mayb'e Allen would have won vs. SJB that year.  I certainly gave DJ alot of sh*t about his support for Allen.  Mayb'e I was wrooo.......wrooon...........wro......Mayb'e there was more to the debate than we thought.

It’s not just Murray.  In addition to the 3 allen players (2013 team) drafted this year, there were already 2 others off that ‘13 team in the NFL, with the potential for one more to get picked up on a roster 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

That word not in your vocabulary either, huh?

We must be cousins!

BGW

• Haha 5

41 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

And yet you completely ignore the 3rd team on that list because of one position

That BTW team was loaded to the max, just because they didn't have "a QB go first overall" don't mean they weren't as good if not better than both those teams

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

That BTW team was loaded to the max, just because they didn't have "a QB go first overall" don't mean they weren't as good if not better than both those teams

Not at all.   The post was about Allen.  Not SJB or BTW.   BTW had some great teams back in those days.  A shining example of a Florida team that knew how to "finish".

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Not at all.   The post was about Allen.  Not SJB or BTW.   BTW had some great teams back in those days.  A shining example of a Florida team that knew how to "finish".

That year was one of the most interesting ones in the recent MNC era as all 3 had legit arguments to be named national champions 

Now it feels more limited on resumes by end of the year and the winner is pretty obvious

5 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Uhh Booker T Washington won the composite poll in 2013. Winning 6 out of 7 polls that year. 

https://floridahsfootball.com/2013/12/23/booker-t-washington-claims-multiple-national-titles-to-top-off-perfect-season/

756EE22E-B175-40E5-A97E-A387F5AAD836.png

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Maybe. But how does draft position mean a thing? It's been nearly 6 years and a lot of growth and development since. And nobody knows if Murray is truly worthy of his draft status, just as Rosen hasn’t looked worthy of his to this point in time.

In short, none of this is relevant to 2013.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ThunderRam said:

Maybe. But how does draft position mean a thing? It's been nearly 6 years and a lot of growth and development since. And nobody knows if Murray is truly worthy of his draft status, just as Rosen has looked worthy of his to this point in time.

In short, none of this is relevant to 2013.

Sure it is, it speaks to potential which he definitely displayed even in HS.  Even if he doesn’t pan out, he had a remarkable and noteworthy run.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Hot damn somebody call an ambulance Sammy's having a stroke... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

I also couldn't help but notice that the only player from Cali chosen in the 1st round was Folsom's Jonah Williams. Maybe DJ was right about ranking them so high as well in 2014... 😉

The rumors of Jake Browning having a weak arm and the mobility of an oak tree were spot on. The hearlded can't miss phenom never got the phone call and settled for the NFL UFA route. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Exocet 98 said:

The rumors of Jake Browning having a weak arm and the mobility of an oak tree were spot on. The hearlded can't miss phenom never got the phone call and settled for the NFL UFA route. 

Imagine posting on a high school forum talking shit about a player who is signed to an NFL contract. Jake Browning has more talent in his left pinky than you've had in your entire lifetime of riding pine at Mission Viejo nerd 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Horsefly said:

It’s not just Murray.  In addition to the 3 allen players (2013 team) drafted this year, there were already 2 others off that ‘13 team in the NFL, with the potential for one more to get picked up on a roster 

Yes, this year they had 1st Round, 2nd Round, 3rd Round, the wr at North Texas signed as free agent.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

anything DJ ever got right was by chance

he was a good writer who stirred controversy. He knew little about football and less about rankings

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Anyone certain about any of those teams beating another is just biased.   

A972B245-D6B2-4111-A4B4-E8E22753C998.gif

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Anyone certain about any of those teams beating another is just biased.   

A972B245-D6B2-4111-A4B4-E8E22753C998.gif

Certainly gospel here. 

Especially any team they didn't play.

We are all biased to something. It's totally impossible to remove it from the polls or any equations. 

Some guys are more biased to talent than team. 

Some are more biased toward a team that has been together over a longer period as starters.

Some are biased to a particular style of offense or defense. 

A particular type of scheduling practice. 

A certain coach or style of coaching. 

Now we are seeing "after the fact" talent bias showing up. A total new one on me, but, hey, whatever. 

Bias is bias. We all are. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

May I suggest this for your Tiers this upcoming HS Season.  Helluva lot more catchy than Tier I vs Tier III.  Imagine the Top Tier vs. the last Tier. 😎

Image result for tiers meme

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

DJ offer you a job at the comic book store?

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

That year was one of the most interesting ones in the recent MNC era as all 3 had legit arguments to be named national champions 

Now it feels more limited on resumes by end of the year and the winner is pretty obvious

The good thing now (2018-2019) is that there is much more interplay between the top teams from coast to coast.   The MNC will most likely be decided on the field, unless all the top teams pick up a "L" during their Tier 1 pre league schedules.