Point Spreads for ESPN games on 8/23 and 8/24

playballintxandmi

3 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Sad isn't it? I make one post about a call that completely changed a game and I get accused of Block. When I'm gone I feel bad for the next Folsom fan that finds this board. 

Getting called Block I would take offense. It's defamation of character. 

But on the other hand they are exercising their freedom of speech. 

guy.jpg.a9bddef0809e88665a3e99782975a4c0.jpg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

Getting called Block I would take offense. It's defamation of character. 

But on the other hand they are exercising their freedom of speech. 

guy.jpg.a9bddef0809e88665a3e99782975a4c0.jpg

This is a convo I had with Blockhead when he first showed up on this site, stole my username, and turned the whole forum against Folsom... but I'm block for posting a picture of a blown fumble call  LOL. 

Your right though, I'm going to get my Internet Forum Attorney to look into these claims against my character! 🤬

image.thumb.png.1f2d2c43d56de8394036f135b47cb277.png

• Haha 2

How can someone say SJB is 27 1/2 points better than DeMatha knowing that DM has a new QB and there is literally no game experience to know how he might perform?

I understand that SJB is established as a national title contender.  And that DM is traveling to the West Coast which is huge.  But QB aside, I would suggest DM matches up very well.  Of course SJB has one of the best, possibly best qbs in the US.

But 27 1/2 points?

Bill McGregor is not flying to CA to lose-by any margin.  The game will be interesting.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

How can someone say SJB is 27 1/2 points better than DeMatha knowing that DM has a new QB and there is literally no game experience to know how he might perform?

I understand that SJB is established as a national title contender.  And that DM is traveling to the West Coast which is huge.  But QB aside, I would suggest DM matches up very well.  Of course SJB has one of the best, possibly best qbs in the US.

But 27 1/2 points?

Bill McGregor is not flying to CA to lose-by any margin.  The game will be interesting.

Dematha is going to lose ..... but probably not by 4 tds. 

1 hour ago, BigDrop said:

But 27 1/2 points?

12 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Dematha is going to lose ..... but probably not by 4 tds. 

Agreed.  Saw them this spring a few times.  Too many holes in the secondary and very young at receiver.  They will definitely lose that game.  And, they are going against Trevor Lawrence's future replacement at Clemson.  

Also, heard from a buddy of mine whose kid goes there that the junior QB transferred earlier this month to Paul VI.  Apparently, he was the best passing QB  of the three but the job was still given to the rising senior.

• Thanks 1

FWIW DeMatha has one of the best rbs in the U.S. (Marshawn Lloyd).  He is behind one of the best offensive lines in the U.S.  That is worth something.

I believe it is really going to come down to DeMatha’s defense.  How good are they?  Doesn’t DM have an outstanding front 7 on D?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

FWIW DeMatha has one of the best rbs in the U.S. (Marshawn Lloyd).  He is behind one of the best offensive lines in the U.S.  That is worth something.

I believe it is really going to come down to DeMatha’s defense.  How good are they?  Doesn’t DM have an outstanding front 7 on D?

Agreed.  If their defense can stop SJB's QB and their passing attack, then DM may have a shot. I thought DeMatha had a pretty good team last year and they were killed by STA on the road. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WCACFan said:

Agreed.  If their defense can stop SJB's QB and their passing attack, then DM may have a shot. I thought DM had a pretty good team last year and they were killed by STA on the road. 

DM was young in the trenches last year. The STA game was a debacle after those turnovers, but showed DM didn’t have much heart last season. I’m guessing they are a year older and learned from that.  

The OL/DL/RB/LB’s will be top notch across the board. Still waiting to see who shows up day #1 at WR/DB. Until then I can’t really gauge DM in this game. 4 TD’s is a slap in the face though. 

• Like 1

Dutch Fork -26 vs Mallard Creek (DF is definitely better but I doubt they will by 26+, maybe a 34-17 type game

DLS -14.5 vs STA (this is a surprising line. I do think DLS wins but not by 14+)

SFA -14 vs Miami Central (again I think SFA wins by just 7-10 points... 28-20)

Carol City -17.5 vs Deerfield Beach (DFB may just win this game)

SJB -27.5 vs Dematha (i think SJB wins by 14-17)

Narbonne -6.5 vs Buchanan (No idea really, Give me Narbonne barely covering, winning by 7)

Southern Columbia (PA) -24.5 vs Hammond School SC (SCA played an absolutely awful schedule last year. They'll win, but not by 24+... This matchup was clearly made for the prospects in it... SCAs Julian Fleming & Hammonds Jordan Burch, 2 Top 10 Overall 2020 guys)

Does anyone know if DM will have a full day in CA before the game?  i.e. if the game is on Friday night @6:00 PST DeMatha will arrive on Weds with two nights and one full day before the game.  Or is it Thursday arrival?  I believe there will be a difference in their adjusting to the time difference.  

7 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

I hate to be that guy but...

fumble.png

Looking at a still pic, yes, his knee was down. Watching it at game speed, it looks like a fumble. The refs have a split to see the play and rule on it. I wouldn’t want to be a ref at any level, you’re damn if you do and damned if you don’t!!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, BigDrop said:

But 27 1/2 points?

4  td's ain't a lot in H.S.  You saw what happened last year with Dematha and STA first game.  Know one really knows how this game will play out except that SJB should win.  SJB also has a track record of starting slow so the spread really is high 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DLS350 said:

Looking at a still pic, yes, his knee was down. Watching it at game speed, it looks like a fumble. The refs have a split to see the play and rule on it. I wouldn’t want to be a ref at any level, you’re damn if you do and damned if you don’t!!

Even if you are OK with the call of fumble, DLS was still lucky af that he fumbled. If I recall correctly, DLS didn't recover that, either. They just benefited from The Worst Rule in Sports History.

12 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Even if you are OK with the call of fumble, DLS was still lucky af that he fumbled. If I recall correctly, DLS didn't recover that, either. They just benefited from The Worst Rule in Sports History.

DLS did recover that in the end zone. The teams traded Red Zone fumbles, #11 for DLS fumbled at Folsom’s goal lone too.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BigDrop said:

But 27 1/2 points?

I don’t think anyone had MD over BC by 48 either, but it happened.  It’s gonna come down to DM’s ability to stop SJB early and shake their confidence.  If they get rolling they can be scary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DLS350 said:

Yes he was down at the 17” line. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Last time DFB played Carol City early year the total score didn’t cover that spread lol.  CC lost a TON and DFB actually has a serviceable QB.   

+17 1/2 pts wow.  Need to locate my password info.   

Remember Alton Tarber?   If he's healthy, this big soph will be a solid DT this year for DFB.    247sports is missing a ton of offers.   Not sure if he played last year due to injury... he transferred from AHP to DFB last year.    

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=alton tarber &src=typd

https://247sports.com/player/alton-tarber-46081776/

• Like 1