The Terrorist. El Paso mass shooting

DevilDog

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

It is odd they associate themselves with these acts as if it’s a black eye on them personally. 

I don’t attach myself to the crap gangs do and won’t defend them nor feel offended by what others say.

It's more than odd and I can't even guess as to why that is.  I am baffled by this as I am of racism itself.  Even though I said I can't guess, I will.  Power (or the fear of losing it, even if at the subconscious level), some weird type of guilt, or maybe a general fear of others that you don't know or seem to be different than you.  IDK

It is damn incredible that the Ohio cops were there and put the guy down after only 30 seconds or so.  Very well done by those guys and probably saved dozens of lives.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Thank you.  But to be fair you only have to defend yourself from 1960.  They have a 450 year record or let's just assume 1660 🤣.  It's much tougher on them.  You are not used to having to defend and deflect.  Any crime by one black Male is indicative of us all.  

I hope that helps. 

https://www.yesmagazine.org/peace-justice/stop-making-excuses-for-hateful-white-men-20170605

Why is mental illness the go-to line for white men who commit acts of terrorism against people of color? Why is it an easier excuse than plain hatred and vicious racism?

Most people with mental illness are not violent, and only 3–5 percent of violent acts can be attributed to individuals living with serious mental illness, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. In fact, people with severe mental illnesses are more than 10 times more likely to be victims of violent crime than the general population.

The label “mental illness” when referred to white men who’ve committed bigoted violence is a dangerous cover-up. It downplays the contribution of racism.

Mental illness elicits sympathy. It becomes merely sad that a white man like Dylann Roof massacred nine black churchgoers in Charleston, South Carolina, in 2015.

The easy excuse is not OK.

How does the saying go? “The definition of insanity is to continue to do the same thing expecting a different result.” So how do we change, stop making excuses for evil white men? How is it that folks expect racism to go away when nothing has been done at a structural or institutional level to dismantle it? And many who remain in their own silos perpetuate it, directly or indirectly.

Except most of these incidents are not apparently racial - some are, but most are not.  the idea that all of these incidents are by "white supremacists" is simply not true.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

glad to see you defending the white supremacists

I am defending nothing.  You think the New Town shooter was racial, the one in Broward Co, Aurora, Columbine, on and on.  Yeah they were white, does not mean they were white supremacists.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

That's the most special Mental Illness in History.  Don't worry a bunch of them have Mental Illness. Remember about 4 years ago.  You and I were in debate with a certain deflector and Whatabouter here about these types being dangerous and we were told how wrong we were.  You can't have this conversation with them.  Which is why I am addressing you only.  The deflection and other B.S. is sick and a weird kinship with these damn Racist.   What would white Jesus think and how many times did they tell you today to go and pray to him to help you with them killing people in mass?   Cuz his ass has a 400 year failure of intervention 😎

I always find these rants by DD fascinating.

I guess mentioning terms like deflector and whatabouter are supposed to immunize his rants from critique.

Here are some deflections and whatabouts he doesn't address very well when confronted with them:

• Who is this "They" that he claims has a 400-year shitty record when it comes to racism?
    • I assume he refers to whites, but is it whites in general or a specific sub-group? If so, who?
    • As far as I know, there is no proof whites invented slavery, for example.
    • The blacks brought to the New World were actually enslaved by other blacks to begin with. Inconvenient?
    • The first known slave owner in North America was black.
    • The vast majority of whites did not own slaves.
    • Do the many white abolitionists and men who died in the Civil War for the North count in DD's "They"?
    • Do my ancestors count?  We can trace back at least one side back about 450 years and not a slaver amongst them.  The other side were Irish farmers and German factory workers who came here long after the abolishment of slavery.  Are they "They"?
  • The color of mass shooters tends to follow demographics pretty closely as regards skin color.
  • How many of these guys can clearly have their acts tied to racism and are white?  If you divide that number by the number of adult white men in this nation (let alone the world), how absurdly small is that percentage?  I think you'd be starting at 0.0000???%.  Is a number that small reasonably representative of any "They"?

And I'll leave DD's "White Jesus" fetish alone.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, abbatt said:

Extreme terrorist groups must really be enjoying the madness......just have patience and wait for this country to implode and then come in and mop up the pieces....I`d almost prefer a zombie plague to this.

It's not just the US that will have an implosion.  As you stated before, it is the inane vanity of humanity that causes us to miss the point.  Yup we humans are certainly some bitchin dudes aren't we?  We've executed amazing wars against one another, we've enslaved one another for long periods of time, we've come up with all manner of exciting technology, built impressive cities, battled pestilence.....but we can't seem to deal effectively with simple concepts such as peaceful coexistence.   

And, we will never learn.  We will continue to blame our problems on one another citing differences in political, ethnic, religious and societal perspectives as the reasons.    Damn white guys, damn black guys, damn hispanics, damn liberals, damn conservatives, damn Christians, damn Muslims,  if we could only rid ourselves of those folk or, get them to think more like us, we might just be contenders.   

Zombie plague?  Too messy.  It's going to be something we never saw coming because,  as you stated earlier, humans are so comfortable in that we consider ourselves absolute rulers over our dominion,  we've neglected to consider looking inward.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, concha said:

I always find these rants by DD fascinating.

I guess mentioning terms like deflector and whatabouter are supposed to immunize his rants from critique.

Here are some deflections and whatabouts he doesn't address very well when confronted with them:

• Who is this "They" that he claims has a 400-year shitty record when it comes to racism?
    • I assume he refers to whites, but is it whites in general or a specific sub-group? If so, who?
    • As far as I know, there is no proof whites invented slavery, for example.
    • The blacks brought to the New World were actually enslaved by other blacks to begin with. Inconvenient?
    • The first known slave owner in North America was black.
    • The vast majority of whites did not own slaves.
    • Do the many white abolitionists and men who died in the Civil War for the North count in DD's "They"?
    • Do my ancestors count?  We can trace back at least one side back about 450 years and not a slaver amongst them.  The other side were Irish farmers and German factory workers who came here long after the abolishment of slavery.  Are they "They"?
  • The color of mass shooters tends to follow demographics pretty closely as regards skin color.
  • How many of these guys can clearly have their acts tied to racism and are white?  If you divide that number by the number of adult white men in this nation, how absurdly small is that percentage?  I think you'd be starting at 0.0000???%.  Is a number that small reasonably representative of any "They"?

And I'll leave DD's "White Jesus" fetish alone.  

Why interject yourself into the oppressive behaviors of others if you and your ancestors weren’t involved?  Obviously it’s an indictment on the subset that oppressed, shackled and killed in the name of supremacy.  After all, they did have a centuries long effect. Slavery was real, black codes were real, southern oppression and Jim crowism were real, segregation were real.  

• Like 2

Just now, Horsefly said:

Why interject yourself into the oppressive behaviors of others if you and your ancestors weren’t involved?  Obviously it’s an indictment on the subset that oppressed, shackled and killed in the name of supremacy.  After all, they did have a centuries long effect. Slavery was real, black codes were real, southern oppression and Jim crowism were real, segregation were real.  

This is a discussion board, is it not?

Is it out of bounds to ask who "They" is?  Based on your response, are you saying subset of whites or of humanity, as, for example,  we know that blacks were enslaved generally by other blacks to begin with?  

Still would like to see DD's response to who "They" is BTW. But I'm glad that my family, ancestors and I appear to be excluded per your personal definition.

That folks like the KKK are those whom you refer to is just fine. Thankfully they number only in the thousands these days, and not millions as they once did.  

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

But the ones that are are the ones come out and defend.  

I do not think Dylan Roof was defended at all, especially in South Carolina.  And I do not hear people defending the El Paso guy.   But not all whites shooting blacks is racial, just as not all blacks shooting whites is racial.  Roof was, and I think the El Paso guy was.  There are racists in America, some of them are violent.  Earth-shattering, I say.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, concha said:

This is a discussion board, is it not?

Is it out of bounds to ask who "They" is?  Based on your response, are you saying subset of whites or of humanity, as, for example,  we know that blacks were enslaved generally by other blacks to begin with?  

Still would like to see DD's response to who "They" is BTW. But I'm glad that my family, ancestors and I appear to be excluded per your personal definition.

That folks like the KKK are those whom you refer to is just fine. Thankfully they number only in the thousands these days, and not millions as they once did.  

No one has claimed EVERY white person ever born or living today is racist and directly responsible for white supremacy. 

You keep addressing numbers of KKK members.  supremacists aren’t exclusively tied to this group. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bormio said:

I do not think Dylan Roof was defended at all, especially in South Carolina.  And I do not hear people defending the El Paso guy.   But not all whites shooting blacks is racial, just as not all blacks shooting whites is racial.  Roof was, and I think the El Paso guy was.  There are racists in America, some of them are violent.  Earth-shattering, I say.

I meant to delete this but didn’t quick enough.  Disregard 

24 minutes ago, Bormio said:

I am defending nothing.  You think the New Town shooter was racial, the one in Broward Co, Aurora, Columbine, on and on.  Yeah they were white, does not mean they were white supremacists.

I understand. You agree with the Texas lieutenant governor, the problem is caused by taking prayer out of public schools.  

It has nothing o do with Trump demonizing brown and black people for 3 years. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I understand. You agree with the Texas lieutenant governor, the problem is caused by taking prayer out of public schools.  

Dylan Roof shot up the church in June 2015 - surely that was Trump’s fault.  And your premise is BS

4 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Trumps words are inflammatory. supremacist groups have said as much 

• Like 1

Just now, Bormio said:

Wow, a really reliable source - by groups looking for attention.  Extremists always claim stuff like that - want to feel relevant. Did it with Reagan as well.

So Trump's message of hate and division have nothing to do with the hate and division we see in the country. 

See, I would have thought sure that it was common sense that your orange god's hate speech had something to do with this.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, noonereal said:

So Trump's message of hate and division have nothing to do with the hate and division we see in the country. 

See, I would have thought sure that it was common sense that your orange god's hate speech had something to do with this.

That’s not Trump’s message.  That is the department of the Kumbaya leftists.

Do you consider “bitter clingers, with their guns and religion” hate speech? Or “deplorables”?

32 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

No one has claimed EVERY white person ever born or living today is racist and directly responsible for white supremacy. 

You keep addressing numbers of KKK members.  supremacists aren’t exclusively tied to this group. 

DD really comes across as kinds blanket with it.  I seem to recall him using the term "you" in responding to me ("you "writ large).

I use the KKK as an example.